Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Trump finally been trumped?

+10
ScottieD18
raycastleunited
Doon the Water
Doc
super_realist
Davie
venice1
Maverick
oldparwin
gaelgowfer
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Has Trump finally been trumped? - Page 3 Empty Has Trump finally been trumped?

Post by gaelgowfer Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:44 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/05/donald-trump-legal-fight-windfarm

For me, this is the really interesting part of the article ...

Trump is also in conflict with several of his most prominent supporters over the windfarm scheme, known as the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre. The EOWDC project involves Aberdeen Renewable Energy Group, a publicly-funded agency part controlled by Aberdeenshire council, which approved Trump's resort, as well as Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, which last year gave the American tycoon an honorary degree, and the Wood Group, founded by the oil services magnate Sir Ian Wood, a cheerleader for Trump's resort.

My recollection is that when Trump's plans were still on the table, he had been given assurances there would be no off-shore wind farm polluting his view (wee Eck always could talk a good game!). Bit of an empty threat anyway given Trump declared last year there wasn't a market for his housing estate.

A case of ... oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive! Laughing

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Has Trump finally been trumped? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Trump finally been trumped?

Post by super_realist Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Agreed Mav, in my opinion that is where the underlying support for the SNP comes from. Tartan jingoism and living in the past, bit like the Irish in that respect, i.e absolutely no knowledge of the politics involved at all.

I'll be straight over the border if these morons ever get what they want, partly because I don't want to be assiciated with an independent Scotland and partly because the country will go to hell in a handcart quicker than you can say "Yon Gael"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Has Trump finally been trumped? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has Trump finally been trumped?

Post by Doon the Water Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Mav
It is the wee neighbour thing.

The English as a nation tend to think of Scotland as somewhere north of 'the north.'
We poke a bit of fun at them at times, especially when they get a bit too big for thier boots.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Maverick wrote:Why do many of the Scots like many Septics come across as way to overly patriotic is it due to an inferioty complex or something!

I think that is due to patriotism being the only thing left to you when your country is either the US or Scotland.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 pm

SR don't blame you, I often get asked hopw are you not patriotic having fought for your country my answer is easy I liked the job doesn't mean I need to be a flag kissing moron.

Doon so basically it is an inferiority complex then?

LJ- what else do they have apart from a debt they owe us!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 pm

It probably made you better at your job for having that approach Mav.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Mav..wouldn't really put it like that, more like getting one up on your big brother.

It is quite interesting that the Scottish 'anti-English' brigade, which has always been very low, seems to have dissappeared in recent years. Tends to tie in with the SNP coming to power. You would have thought it would have been the other way around.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Really Doon, From my point of view it appears that the SNP are trying to tap into exactly that via a thin veil of pseudo politics to tie into the anti English sentiment that runs throughout the country.

I've not heard one good reason as to why Scotland should be independent, just as I haven't seen any econominc justification that it could support itself.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:13 am

Disagree with you on first sentence there Super.

It will be interesting what Soapy says in the next couple of days.

I would love to see him in debate with Dave. Not because I support nationalism but because he is such a clever debator.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

DO you tihnk so? I think he has no substance or credible arguments at all. Therefore a very poor debater. If he was any good he wouldn't have sent the inept inarticulate moron Sturgeon to embarass herself on Question Time.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 am

Doon the Water wrote:Disagree with you on first sentence there Super.

It will be interesting what Soapy says in the next couple of days.

I would love to see him in debate with Dave. Not because I support nationalism but because he is such a clever debator.

One might almost say that he is a master debator.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 am

George Galloway is a great debator and orator. He is still a complete tool though.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 am

Some of the radio talk show hosts are something to behold. Mike Graham would wipe the floor with most of these politicians.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:01 am

I always had a soft spot for Tony Benn, and loved to hear him in debate with young politicians. He would tie them in knots.
Galloway, Shirley Williams and Chris Patton were good value for money.
I always think it is good to listen to someone who can give a different view.
That skill seems to be lost in our 'soundbite 'society.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3