Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You've been Trumped

+5
LadyPutt
super_realist
Doc
Davie
Matelot golfer
9 posters

Go down

You've been Trumped Empty You've been Trumped

Post by Matelot golfer Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 am

Anyone see this programme on BBC 2 last night? Very one sided against Trump, however it did appear that he just 'steamrollered' his way through the land without any thought for the residents. I'm all for new golf courses but it did make me see things in a slightly different light about this development. Don't think I would be rich or lucky enough to ever play it but there you go.

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

You've been Trumped Empty Re: You've been Trumped

Post by Davie Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:20 am

JAS had a very good take on Trumptown over on the darkside...
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I guess when it comes to a major development, there's always going to be disruption to someone or something. I suppose excavation plant equipment can only work in one way, which is never sympathetic. Never watched the prog but guess it would be a bit one sided.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm

You can't build a course without earth moving, now or in the distant past. It's unfortunate for those affected, but it's something pretty special and it looks like it's being readied for the Scottish Open in a few years following it going to Royal Aberdeen for three years and sponsored by Aberdeen Asset Management from 2014. Logical step, and once it's on the world stage it will be mega.

Projects like this though will always attract an element determined to object to it. Professional protestors. "Fight the system ,man" Rolling Eyes

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Everything I've heard about the course seems to be very positive. Apparently its a 'must play before you die course', and a lot of top Scottish pro's have given it the thumbs up. I know its an expensive place to go, but really thinking about treating myself next year
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm

I thought it was a typically BBC-biased programme. Obviously the chap who made it (the one who was arrested!) has no idea what is involved in designing and constructing a golf course. And I quite agree with Donald Trump - that so-called farm (which looked as though it had never been worked for the past 20 years) was a s**t-hole.

Only trouble is, I've looked on the website of the course and it's £215 a round a weekends affraid so I don't think I'll be playing it unless the Lotto numbers come up.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 pm

basicallly...

whinging scottish wankers.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:45 pm

I haven't watched the programme yet, but have read elsewhere that a lot of people around that area were in favour of it being built for economic reasons.

Steve's ex-caddy played it a few weeks ago and really rated it, although, of course there are parts that still need to "settle". Staff at the club had local accents too, so it seems as though it is giving something back to the community in the way of employment.

Think I'll have to wait for a small lottery win before I book my flight to Aberdeen. Innocent
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:15 pm

I thought that Super was going to arrange for us all to meet up there and play at residents rates?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 am

I can't even afford residents' rates!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am

And I thought you married a Lord! Wink
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by gwr-golfer Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 am

I watched the programme and if I had the money i wouldn't play the course I'd boycott it

Trump basically "bought" the Scottish government with his grand numbers of employment etc etc - it was a load of b****x - they didn't use local employment and have delivered a fraction of what they said.

Additionally they destroyed the environment - looks good as a golf course but basically ruined a natural habitat.

The scottish Government, Police and local politicians all came out of it very very badly - i wonder how big the donation was to the Grampian police federation

Appalling

PS... I'm Scottish

gwr-golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Fring, have you seen the course?
I was on site before the building, and have been on since. It's very sympathetic and hasn't destroyed the environment at all. There is still loads of the "unique" environment untouched, plus from people who have played it, they say most of the staff are Scottish. What's wrong with foreign labour anyway? When did you last speak to a Brit working in a hotel?
I really think people are getting their knickers in a twist because it's Trump, and nothing at all to do with the course.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:07 pm

GWR - I'm afraid you are one of the ones who "bought" the programme and its typically BBC biased reporting.

S-R - is that ghastly run-down farm still there? Hopefully you can't see it fromthe course!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down