Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship

+3
1GrumpyGolfer
SetupDeterminestheMotion
Davie
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship - Page 2 Empty WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship

Post by Davie Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rather than clog up Grumps' fantasy thread, I thought a WGC event was worthy of a thread of its own - starts today!

What do we fancy as 1st round shocks?
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:51 am

Davie you have 5, you're guaranteed at least 1 semifinalist.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:35 am

Wow, Garrigus looked dead and buried by Kuchar but there's life left in this match. Kuchar stops the rot and is now dormie 3.

Stricker trying to make a comeback but Poulter closes the door and has the advantage back on 12.

The other two matches are very nip and tuck. McDowell got up early and gave it back to Day. I can't remember anyone having the lead for more than one hole in the last match.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 am

Cold temps to start with in the desert playing havoc with some of the shot execution so far this morning. Poulter seeming a little off so far but hanging in after 3. Nip and tuck with Day and Kuchar. Lots to play for today.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 am

Chunky monkey from both US players with their bunker play. Both cost them the hole whilst Day and Poulter have played very good bunker shots. Each match square through 4.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:03 am

Well I certainly didn't expect this line up - but yet another black mark for the official websites - I was watching the rugby and football down the pub but checking on the semi final scores and though it had both semis as 4&3 wins it showed the final and the consolation match the wrong way around! I was beginning to think I'd misread the leaderboard and that both Poults and Day had got through. They've only just corrected it in the last half hour

And for the TV coverage, they look like they aren't going to show much of the consolation match - a Brit and an Aussie won't get much TV time I don't expect - just more pictures of cactii Sad
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 am

The redneck v the goofball - hard to know which one I'd like to lose most!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 am

I have the tv on in the background. We've haven't seen the 1st, 3rd or 5th holes at all in the Poulter match. We've seen some play on 2, 4 and a putt on 6 so far. Don't hold your breath about seeing a lot more.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:12 am

Of course just to spite me the next thing I see on the tv is Day hitting a close approach on 7 and then miss the putt. Poulter then missed it too so Day gets it back to 1 down. Looks like it may only be the good shots and holes won or lost that make it onto tv from that match.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Anyone else get fed up with seeing pictures of various cacti when we could have been watching golfers? I thought it was a sports event not a nature programme!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 am

I have to admit that the tournament just didn't hold my attention this year. I think that the combination of the weather delays, and the constant shots of LP's much loved cacti made it feel a bit disjointed. Throw Monty's words of wisdom into the mix, and it was case of having the golf on in the background for the most of the time, while reading a good book.

WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship - Page 2 1562444022
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:12 am

Love Mary's use of the WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship - Page 2 1562444022 smilie when they did show some WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship - Page 2 1562444022 being moved by a caddie during the final.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2