Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Annoyed At Rory

5 posters

Go down

Getting Annoyed At Rory Empty Getting Annoyed At Rory

Post by Doc Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm

So Rory misses 3 cuts on the bounce, which is very strange for someone with his talent. Rory then starts to get it back in Memphis and then proceeds to throw it away, all very strange. He's obviously having trouble with the driver and resorting to 3-wood on some holes, which killed him off last night on the 18th because that tee shot into the water wasn't even close. (What did you make of that ruling, whereby he was allowed to play his penalty shot from the other side of the water hazard????)

Rory has a fantastic year, and then proceeds to change management and move to the PGA. The wheels fall off, so is this because of his off the course activities with his girlfriend, and not enough practice. Or is it just bad luck, I tend to think that a little bit of 'superstar' has got to him and he thinks he doesn't need to do what he was doing before because of his 'natural talent'.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Getting Annoyed At Rory Empty Re: Getting Annoyed At Rory

Post by Davie Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm

I didn't see the incident on 18 but was it a lateral hazard (red stakes)?

If so, you can drop either side of the hazard at a point equidistant from the hole on the other side
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Just catching up with the morning repeat of the PGA, as I missed it last night.

You have to wonder if his mindset has changed somehow. I think that he may have remained more grounded if he had stayed in the Chubby stable.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Davie wrote:I didn't see the incident on 18 but was it a lateral hazard (red stakes)?

If so, you can drop either side of the hazard at a point equidistant from the hole on the other side

Just seen it - 'twas a lateral hazard. Getting Annoyed At Rory 1927768590
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Davie, yes he crossed the water at the furthest point left, which would have meant him just knocking over the water to the right, as he had no chance of doing anything else. He was allowed to take the ball round the opposite bank which gave him a chance in reaching the green, which he almost did.

Mary, it's just like his mate GMac after his major because he changed clubs, endoresements and built a new house etc, but his game was garbage. Someone with Rory's talent still needs to go through the daily routine that got him to where he is, but he seems more content chasing his bird around the globe instead of concentrating. Even Lee was shocked at Rory for changing from Chubby, I remember him saying 'Wow, whats all that about, seems whacky to me'. Rory didn't like playing in the far east etc as part of team chubster, as he wanted more time in the states with his skirt.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:00 pm

I agree with both Mary and Doc - changing management companies to someone who appears to be the one being managed (by Rory dictating what he wants to do) was always going to be a recipe for disaster. I'm surprised his parents, who seemed to be keeping him so grounded, have not had something to say about it.

As for that shot on the 18th last night, I couldn't believe how much of the "Tiger dip" went into it. In slow-motion, it looked as though his head dropped a good foot as he lashed at the ball so it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to go where he wanted it to.

Talent going to waste it seems. I don't think I'll be picking him for the US Open!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Doc i think the point re the drop from the hazard was the hole had quite a dogleg. His options are to drop either side of the hazard no nearer the hole. Owing to the dogleg the point at which he dropped it was no nearer the hole itself that the point of entry.
Good use of the rules and an example of why people say it's good to know them (not that i do very well!).

Re Rory, is it me or is he becoming very Tiger-esque these day with the club throwing and post shot tantrums. I'm sure it's something i don't remember him doing before but it's not good and something he needs to stop

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:31 pm

MPB - just small correction - if you elect to drop on the other side of a red hazard it must be at a point equidistant to the flag on the opposite bank (just saying not nearer the hole isn't strictly correct - it has to be the corresponding point on the other side I think)
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 pm

MPB - I've also noticed the club throwing seems to have become more noticeable now that Rory is not playing so well. Somebody needs to take him aside and have a word.

I get the impression that the Chubby stable would not tolerate prima donna type behaviour, e.g. Darren Clarke has his "Prince of Darkness" nickname, because he can be a moody beggar at times. Maybe young Rory prefers to be King of the Hill. Innocent
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:31 am

Thanks Davie. In truth I'm not sure I understand what you're saying but I do understand I probably don't have the rule quite right!

Mary, I agree with you re Chubby. Rory's tantrums do seem more common since his move and I can't think of anyone with Chubby who is particularly that way inclined. I hope he does a Keegan Bradley and quits it early.

Good luck both of you in the predictions game thing this evening. I've gone for a 0-0 for England. I hope wrong!

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:39 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:

Mary, I agree you're Chubby. Getting Annoyed At Rory 3497602689

Harsh, but true! Innocent
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:50 am

Ha ha was meant to say 'with you re Chubby'!! Getting Annoyed At Rory 2975105902

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:57 pm

If the BBC are to be believed then Rory only played last weekend because he was playing badly. Apparently he has cut his appearences this season in a big way, but his lack of practice and competition has seen him fail badly, so he squeezed last wekend into his calender at the last minute. More fool him I think as it proves that natural talent isn't everything
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum