Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose does a Rory

+4
LondonJonnyO
1GrumpyGolfer
BlueCoverman
LadyPutt
8 posters

Go down

Rose does a Rory Empty Rose does a Rory

Post by LadyPutt Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Justin Rose has "done a Rory" and changed management companies straight after winning the US Open. He's joined the American firm Excel Sports, the agency that represents Tiger Woods.

Good move or not? I think not!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Rose does a Rory Empty Re: Rose does a Rory

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm not sure that it is necessarily a bad move. I would imagine that it is only natural for Justin to want to take advantage of all the opportunities, financial and otherwise, that being the current US Open golf champion present.

Perhaps the new management company are better placed to maximize the potential that these opportunities provide? In my opinion Justin is a little more level-headed than Rory and unlikely to find the same pitfalls, although in fairness he is a few years older.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:27 am

I would have thought this was already in the works before he won the US Open rather than an abrupt departure.  If he jumps ship again in a short space of time then we can make a few comparisons to Rory.

I suppose if he takes up with a female athlete, changes clubs and major sponsors, becomes a bit of a prat then we could start to make more comparisons.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:14 am

regardless of it being a jump there has to be something to be said of being in the same stable as woods. The man gets a huge amount of money thrown at him from everywhere.

If I were in that world I would want similar opportunities as well as someone who has a track record in exploiting them effectively managing me. And there will certainly be a lot more thrown at him from these guys... look at his old company. It's second tier pros and he no longer fits there. Hasn't for about a year or two now.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 am

Agree with BCM - I think Justin is much better equipped to deal with that sort of change than Coco is. If Justin were to suddenly change clubs also for a more lucrative deal then I'd possibly worry about it, but at the moment I don't see an issue. Good talking point though!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm

I think that the Rory scenario has made us all take more much notice when a player changes his management group.  I think that Justin seems like a mature and level headed chap, who will have thought this through carefully.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by scarpa Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:03 am

Just think how many majors Justin would have already bagged if he wasn't using such shawdy equipment. It's about time he dumped tm and tooled up with some decent sticks.
scarpa
scarpa

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:44 am

I agree with others, because this deal must have been ready way before the US, due to contractual obligations, and of course break-clauses/notice period etc.

JR has based himself in the US for a while now and is a regular on their tour. I don't think its a major issue and as others have said JR is a different kettle of fish from RM. LJ makes a good point about the cash that gets into Tigers stable ......
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum