Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory and the split from Chubby

3 posters

Go down

Rory and the split from Chubby Empty Rory and the split from Chubby

Post by Doc Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:52 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/17582942

http://www.sportinglife.com/golf/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=golf/12/04/02/GOLF_McIlroy.html&BID=585

So is this a bit of media spin trying to create a story, or is it a bit of a non-event. Reading between the lines (If its correct) it tends to suggest that Rory wasn't happy about playing some of the events teamchubb like to play. He seems to have a go about Lee & co having a dig at the PGA and Rory wanting to keep his PGA card instead of concentrating on the ET. I remember Lee's tweet on the subject when it was announced that Rory was off: 'A very strange one for me .... whats that all about'

In all honesty though I thought Chubby played a masterstroke in reigning Rory's lifestyle back in and bringing him back for the year was good. Rory had a great final season under Chubby and it seems Rory thought he would have done better elsewhere. Well Rory take a look at your fat friend who has done nothing at Horizon since 2010, and his form recently suggests he's in for another bad season.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Rory and the split from Chubby Empty Re: Rory and the split from Chubby

Post by hogie Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 am

Clearly Chubby was making decisions that Rory did not entirely agree with so Rory made the right decision to split. Slow news week if the media are rehashing last years news.

“.....your fat friend.....” are you trying to become an SR clone?

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 am

Rory has improved since he moved management teams, whether or not that improvement would have been any different at ISM is a pointless debate. His form since the move has been tremendous and I don't think anyone can claim it has been a bad decision on the evidence of his results since. He looks much better at closing out tournaments now, but that could be a result of being a major champion. The fact is he wants to play more in the states and if that's his wish and he is getting the help he needs to do so, then so be it.

A far more interesting discussion would be whether he would have done so if his girlfriend was the Irish lass he was seeing for years prior to swapping for Caroline Wozniacki. Was he thinking with his putter or his Dennis when he made this decision?
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 am

As none of us know what actually happened between Chubby and Rory, we can only speculate. The latest story or non-story has been regurjitated because of the Masters this week, but it's a fact that at least one member of teamchubby was shocked at the move. Rory was complaining about missing his girlfriend when he was in the states, so Chubby brought him home. His latest squeeze is based in the states so now he wants to be over the pond again.

If there was some friction between Chubby and Rory after last years masters I could probably understand it. Was Rory snubbed by Chubby after his car crash final round, because I expected the fat one being there at the end with a protective arm around his prodigy, but Chubby celebrated with Charl instead?

We need to remember that Rory was involved in Chubby's stable from an early age, due to Darren asking Chubby to take a look at the kid. Once Chubby had seen him, he got Rory involved in the stable and Rory was around and learning from Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Lee Westwood, Paul McGinlay etc. JP Rory's bag man was with Darren at the time so he got to know Rory very early before he went with McGinlay, and then McGinlay asked JP to go with Rory once he had signed with Chubby. So he had a great schooling with Chubby and he must have learnt a lot, so I hope there wasn't any toys thrown about and the split was a simple break for the right reasons.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum