Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your game today...

+25
Mary_S
scarpa
smithersjones
Redrage
diggers
hogie
raycastleunited
Matelot golfer
oldparwin
JAS
Doc
Doon the Water
BlueCoverman
chris b
venice1
gaelgowfer
LadyPutt
Noshankingtonite
Mercurio
drive4show
LondonJonnyO
Maverick
oldshanker
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
29 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 Empty Tell us about your game today...

Post by Davie Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

As one of the more popular threads on the dark side, a place to tell us about your latest game
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 pm

that golden rule makes sense... however on the day in question. I woke up late as my alarm was off, I left my shoes at home and had to go back and made it to the course with 2 minutes spare.

First shot... fat 5 iron that went 140ish yards. Next... 220 yard 4 iron to 8 feet. Easy par.

It was so pure in terms of balls striking all the way round and all that cost me was a few really bad pin placements. Such as on a slope requiring a 6 inch break on a 12 inch putt. Really was annoyed.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell us about your game today...

Post by Davie Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:33 am

Nice inter-club mixed match today - at home to Castle Royal. I'd played the away fixture a couple of months ago and we were rained off after 7 holes! So nice to resume battle

Team won 4-2 and we won our match on the 16th after a real see-saw battle. In fact we'd been 1 up after 9 and 1 down after 12 before winning 4 in a row to win 3&2

I played OK but my lady partner who was getting 13 shots off the opposing man was the star today - and thankfully I was able play well on the holes she messed up. Good partnership I guess though we might have struggled a bit if she hadn't been playing so well.
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:46 am

Monthly strokeplay qualifier for me today. A good start saw me 1 under after 3, then 5 bogeys and a double saw me struggle to 6 over at the turn! Dug in on the back 9 and fought hard to drop only 2 more shots and hopefully sneak into the buffer zone.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 am

Played a bounce game at Wragg Barn today with JAS and his gang on a freebie voucher. Shot 88 which netted me 39 points; best front nine and overall won most of the pot. Thank you JAS Hug 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Shot gross 80 in the medal on my home course. If I could only chip a bit better, hit wedges more accurately and putt a lot better it could have been even lower. Still nett 61 should see my handicap chopped some and might be low enough to win Cross Fingers 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 am

Looks like your on a hot streak judging by your last two posts nosh@@@@@@! Can't bring myself to spell it, let alone say it out load!! Haha

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:13 am

Cheers fella. Just need to improve on the 100 yds in stuff. A few times over the weekend I hit a gap wedge when my pitching wedge would have been a better option, Also if my putting stroke didn't resemble that of a pregnant orangutan that would help too Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 2534633747
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:19 am

Noshanking wrote:Shot gross 80 in the medal on my home course. If I could only chip a bit better, hit wedges more accurately and putt a lot better it could have been even lower. Still nett 61 should see my handicap chopped some and might be low enough to win Cross Fingers 
Net 61 might be enough to win? What's SSS, FFS?

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 am

Lovely day today for the Mixed Invitational at our place. I invited the landlady of my local boozer who has taken me to Bearwood Lakes a few times. 4BBB Mixed and we scored a very respectable 39 points. Out of the prizes (first three places were 45, 44 and 42 pts) .. but that seemed a good score to me so very happy with it.
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:56 am

smithersjones wrote:
Noshanking wrote:Shot gross 80 in the medal on my home course. If I could only chip a bit better, hit wedges more accurately and putt a lot better it could have been even lower. Still nett 61 should see my handicap chopped some and might be low enough to win Cross Fingers 
Net 61 might be enough to win? What's SSS, FFS?

Hi Smithers - SSS is 65 but CSS can vary from 64 to 67. Anyone below 20 handicap is Div 1 so hopefully I'm not competing against the out and out sand-baggers who regularly shoot 26 points in the Friday night 9 hole roll-ups. Nett 61 should be good enough but I've known people shoot nett 59. I went round JAS's course at Wragg Barn off the whites and shot 88 (nett 69, on a par 72 course) with a bit of a breeze and both JAS and his mate Simon reckoned I'm better than 19 handicap by some way. We shall see. I'm anticipating a cut of about 1.8 which will take me below 18 which is nice because it means I can enter more open comps next year Smile
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:10 am

Ah, that's not so bad then. I assumed it would be somewhere a shot or so either side of 70. Still, well done and fingers crossed you get the win.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:22 am

Cheers Smithers Smile 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 am

Well nett 61 not good enough to win.... actually came third with a nett 59 taking the honours, but they've chopped me down to 17.7 (1.7 reduction) which I'm quite pleased with Laughing 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:49 am

Best round for ages today although only off the yellow tees. Gross 73 for 41 points and picked up 1st place in the swindle. Lovely morning too, was warm enough to have worn the shorts.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Well that didn't go as planned ... penultimate medal of the year but after ripping a big drive down the 5th I felt something in my lower back and though I tried to walk it off down the 5th it wasn't happening so had to walk off. Never experienced that before and I'd warmed up OK and felt like I was swinging well. Fingers crossed it's just a tweak
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 am

Ouch...that sounds painful Davie, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Penultimate board competition for me today, off the white tees and much more difficult conditions than yesterday with strong winds most of the morning which meant for careful club selection. Shot 79, nett 73 for 3rd place. No birdies, but happy with my course management to record 11 pars and 7 bogeys.

Greens were lovely this weekend, true and quite fast for this time of year. Managed to get round 36 holes without a 3 putt which is always pleasing.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm

A cheeky society day for me today at Gosfield GC. Been in the office since 7.00am dealing with the urgent stuff and disappearing in about an hour to meet for a brunch before a 12.30pm tee-off.

Looking forward to it, not played at Gosfield for a couple of years and the weather is not bad here again today either.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 am

Gotta love a sneaky game somewhere, hope you had a good day then Blue.

My golf has been pretty poor recently what with the two handicapper and the 28 handicapper that are both trapped inside of me fighting a lot. Normally the 28 handicapper beats the crap out of the 2 handicapper so he doesn't make an appearance but the odd flash of brilliance every now and then allows me to sneak some cash for a nearest the pin or from the birdie pool.

Had a good weekend for the first time in a long time, played to handicap on Saturday for the first time in over a month and then played pretty close to it on Sunday. Sunday's game was a bonus as I was expecting chores in preparation for a visit by some of Mrs Grumps' family on Thursday.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:00 am

Cheers Grumps, lovely late September afternoon spent on the golf course in the sunshine. Played pretty good and shot 75 for 37 points to finish 4th and just outside of the prizes. Highlight was a drive and six iron into the (short!) par 5 11th to 4 feet and eagle. Society handicap is 5, now 4 after today!

Just got back from the meal and presentation at the local pub, such a much better day than the Partners Meeting I have got to look forward to at 11.00am in the morning...
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:02 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:My golf has been pretty poor recently what with the two handicapper and the 28 handicapper that are both trapped inside of me fighting a lot.  Normally the 28 handicapper beats the crap out of the 2 handicapper so he doesn't make an appearance but the odd flash of brilliance every now and then allows me to sneak some cash for a nearest the pin or from the birdie pool.

I really can't see the problem Grumps. Next time leave the 28 handicapper at home and just take the 2 handicapper... Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 am

I keep trying Blue but the little bar steward keeps sneaking along somehow.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Kids are going on a walking and climbing trip in the Peak District after school tonight so Mrs Blue and I are taking the opportunity for a cheeky weekend away. We at staying at the Ufford Park Golf Hotel and Spa near Woodbridge in Suffolk for a bit of golf and a chill out weekend. Not stayed there before so looking forward to it and hoping the rain stays away!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 am

Well after walking off after 5 holes last weekend, I'd been like an old man (be quiet in the cheap seats!) for the first half of the week .. and by Friday I decided that it was just about worth trying to play this weekend. Part of me said not to but the more reckless side said the worst was over and a bit of exercise might actually help

For once I'm so glad the reckless side won out. First couple of holes were a nightmare - not through any back problems though - probably more because I was worried about hurting it again! After those first two holes I realized it was OK and actually played not bad .. matchplay (friendly) but estimated 32 pts after no scores on the first two. The match was halved by my oppo shooting a birdie up the last so kudos to him too.

Apart from the bad back I'd also had a touch of the dreaded man flu during the week and the unseasonable warmth today had me sweating like an Arab at an airport as the man flu was coming out but I'm SO glad I played as apart from being a bit tired now I actually feel the best I've felt for a week or more!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:31 am

I really enjoyed my game today. I scored 7 points on the front and 13 on the back. That is all.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:30 am

SJ I feel for you. Got the tee shirt. Kudos to you for admitting it - I'd be tempted just to wipe it from the memory banks as soon as I got home
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:46 am

You don't want to know about my gross 74 for 39 points at Ufford Park today then SJ? Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:09 am

Were you playing off the ladies tees with Mrs Blue?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 3461234324 Not quite!...only off the yellow tees and it's not that long at 5989 yards.

It was a beautiful, warm sunny day...played in shorts, amazing for October.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:33 am

Davie wrote:Well that didn't go as planned ... penultimate medal of the year but after ripping a big drive down the 5th I felt something in my lower back and though I tried to walk it off down the 5th it wasn't happening so had to walk off. Never experienced that before and I'd warmed up OK and felt like I was swinging well. Fingers crossed it's just a tweak
I feel your pain Davie. My back isn't great either after holidaying in Cornwall and sleeping on a bed with a higher stimp reading than Amen Corner greens. ventured out for the Stableford on Sunday only to spend the entire round saying 'ouch' every time I hit a shot or retrieved my ball...... Scraped 32 points but would rather have not bothered frankly Rain Cloud 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:43 am

tarts. I have back pain and I still tonk it.

My secret. Ibufrofen, tiger balm and wimpering like a bitch after every goddamn shot.

On the negative side I am currently on bail for ABH after my lunatic of a mother has made a false allegation against me after I stopped her attacking my three year old son. And you know what... I would happily do the same thing again to stop my boy being hurt by someone who should be protecting him not attacking him.

The world we live in is a joke. Particularly since the police will prosecute a man for protecting an infant from being attacked by someone known to use violence against others.

Kinda pissed at the moment as you might guess.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 am

That sounds pretty fucked up, LJ. Hope common sense prevails in the end.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 pm

I expect to be charged considering the attitude of the police and particularly CPS.

A barrister thinks they have no case but will go ahead anyway thus wasting public funds and then wondering why there is such a low conviction rate.

Personally... I expect to come out of this without a job as I will need to tell my employer about it once a charging decision has been made. So plenty of time for golf at least.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Blimey LJ - that's terrible. Hope the CPS sees some sense Cross Fingers
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:10 pm

CPS have rejected the case on the basis that there is nothing to answer for.

I am now going to the pub.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 1927768590 Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 1927768590 
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:28 pm

cheers 
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Common sense prevails, good stuff LJ

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:20 am

LJ - pleased to hear that they arrived at the right outcome, without letting this hang over you. Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 1927768590 

Played 4 holes yesterday, glorious sunshine and my long game was OK. First time I've played since early Spring, so I've still got it! Innocent 
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:31 am

Glad that's all over for you LJ.... what a mare Evil or Very Mad Managed to play a winning part in our Annual 'Young Guns' versus 'Old Codgers' match play event today..... sad thing is I'm getting ever closer to the 'Old Codgers' category and can look forward to buying the fish and chips for the winning team in future years Crying or Very sad 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:43 am

first time out for a while... and it decided to hammer down this wet nasty stuff on me. But being a proper man I played anyway.

played 8 shot 1 over. After deliberately missing a 4 footer on the last to give us a friendly half in the skins.

Pretty damn pleased with myself.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:51 am

First round of Winter foursomes today and like LJ it was wet and miserable. Considering the conditions it was a pretty good match - after being two down twice we actually got it 1 up after 14. Lost to 15th and then two big putts for the opponents for a half on 16 and a win on 17 put us one down going down the last ... could only halve the last so lost by one hole. Disappointed to be out but a good performance mostly - those two putts at the end were real killers
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 am

Oh I wouldn't say miserable Davie. I had an 8 ball. And I was the only one with hot coffee.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:03 am

I hope you didn't hold that ladies two-ball up behind you LJ!  Tell us about your game today... - Page 12 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:37 am

three of them were ladies Blue.

I have even been roped into a mixed thing in a few weeks. Alcohol will get me through that though
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:22 am

And you didn't share your coffee LJ?...

Good for you, they will enjoy playing with a decent golfer
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Played at Hadleigh Wood near Potters Bar yesterday in a society day. Lovely course but the weather spoilt it with persistant heavy rain for most of the round. Can't really blame the wet conditions entirely for a fairly dismal score on my part of only 25 points, but nobody scored that well with 32 points being the best effort of the day.
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:02 am

BlueCoverman wrote:And you didn't share your coffee LJ?...

Good for you, they will enjoy playing with a decent golfer
Share my coffee? Never! My coffee is exceptionally tasty and it's all mine!

Besides I like it very strong. Most people keel over after tasting it. Legacy of being in Brazil for so long.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 am

Going back next year then LJ, or not a fan of the beautiful game?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:29 am

Beach volleyball, Blue?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am

football is a poofs game. 22 men running around getting sweaty and chasing the big ball that they all share trying to score with it in either end. Then all jumping in a big bubble bath together where you can't see what's happening under the surface.

not for me thanks.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next