Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey and Clarke

5 posters

Go down

Casey and Clarke Empty Casey and Clarke

Post by Doc Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:23 pm

The reigning Open champion has done nothing really since last July's Open, and yes he seemed to have gone on an extended bender. hasn't hit the straps for quite some time, and then I heard that he had got married again a few weeks ago, and in an interview said that he was now getting back down to some serious work, after taking another 'short break'. Can anyone actually see DC get his game back on track and start to contend again, or is he finished.

We also have Paul Casey coming back after his 3rd major injury in the last couple of years.Paul hasn't managed to make the cut yet since his return, and for someone with his talent that's surely a worry. I fully expected Casey to come back strong and force his way into the RC team this year, because of his dissapointment last time. On his present form though it's begining to look doubtfull has he's now slipping out of the worlds top 50, after being in the top 10 for so long. Can he still do it and make a charge for a team place?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Casey and Clarke Empty Re: Casey and Clarke

Post by diggers Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Its amazing Clarke came back in the first place, not many guys over 40 stay competitive and even fewer have a slump and come back. Clarke was an exception , as is Bjorn who has found his game again and kept it unlike Clarke. Ultimately DC had a few hot weeks last year, but what a way to go out.
Casey is just a massive dissapointment really. Has promised so much and really delivered not a lot. Plus I cant stand his big cheesy grin. But he still has some time on his side, though again his game really is about power not finesse so cant see him being one of those guys who plays on at the top for ages.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Dig's, I have a feeling that Casey sees golf more as way of making a nice living, instead of someone wanting to make a name for himself, and money is just something that happens. If I were in his position I would ensure that my 'employment' took priority over my hobbies. Casey has had 2 major injuries out of the 3 which were either snowboarding or mountain biking. You surely can't expect to be at the top in any walk of life, if you are also doing extreme sports, as injury is bound to happen. he's young and could earn a fortune by the time he's 40, and if he wanted he could then retire and concentrate on his other sporting pastimes.

DC will really need to cut out the 'extreme drinking' Wink
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:08 pm

I think we should cut DC some slack - he's had a lot of s**t to contend with personally and now he's happy and contented in married life (see the photos on www.darrenclarke.com ilu ) and the boys have a new "mum", I don't really care if he carries on playing or decides to give it up completely. He'll do whatever he feels is right and good on him!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 pm

No problem with Casey doing what he does. Extreme sports don't necessarily mean injuries.
Woods has had far worse by simply swinging a golf club and building himself up too much in the gym, and plenty other fat golfer pull muscles getting out of bed or slip walking off a tee like boxall amd break a leg.
Casey seems to strike a good balance, no real harm in a dislocated shoulder. Didn't keep him out for long. I'd rather he did that than drink his talent away.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Sorry but can not see any of the 2 of them getting back to winning ways, Casey lacks a lot of self believe, and i think he will stay an also ran, some top 10 finishes in big events but nothing else.

Clarke has seen it and done it, very nice person, but I would be doubtful if he would ever get back to having the hunger to perform well in the big comps
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down