Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger now Finished

+11
MustPuttBetter
ScottieD18
raycastleunited
smithersjones
LadyPutt
Bob_the_job
JAS
super_realist
oldparwin
Mercurio
gwr-golfer
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tiger now Finished Empty Tiger now Finished

Post by gwr-golfer Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 am

Well that's it - definitely the end of an era. TIGER IS FINISHED

Now at last we can concentrate on the other players. It may be that the watching "fans" will drop off... but I would argue they are not real Golf fans and therefore will not really be missed.

It will also mean that more money will be, perhaps, put into the golf rather than paying a single person $milions in appearance money.

My god I've just had a thought - what will the sycophant golf commentators talk about now........

gwr-golfer

Back to top Go down

Tiger now Finished Empty Re: Tiger now Finished

Post by Mercurio Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:01 am

Tiger is the main reason purses are as big as they are.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:04 am

To soon to write him off, the man has class, it could be the start of a new coach and a new swing change, but I believe he wants the Masters title this year.

I love you people, you are all sympathy

TIGER RULES OK
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by gwr-golfer Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:27 am

So if the purses are as bad as you say - what are all the superstars before Tiger all seriously rich.

THere is money in golf without him........

Ahhh - so he's going to ANOTHER coach now is he - are there any left?

gwr-golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:06 am

Mercurio wrote:Tiger is the main reason purses are as big as they are.

A common misconception or in other words complete bollocks. Most mainstream sports have seen a staggering rise in prize money in the last fifteen years. Woods has had an influence but he's not the main reason.

He is such a crock these days he can't even play back to beck tournaments. Let's hope this leads to another prolonged absence. Good bloody riddance.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Apparently it's not the knee it's the achilles (weird injury for a golfer to get). Had it been the reconstructed left knee that had gone I'd have said yes, game over. It might still be if the achilles injury is a result of protecting the knee in some way during the swing. There will come a tipping point where the fear of recurring injury will swamp any confidence left in the swing. At that point I think he'd call it a day.

For the moment we can guess all we like, the simple fact is we don't know the full extent of the injury therefore we don't know if he's finished or not.

Did anyone else think it was just plain weird to be subjected to a 10 minute ariel view of him driving away??

Well done to Rose and yet another high finish for Mcilroy.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Merc, I don't disagree he's had an effect but prize money in every sport has been rising for years, unless you suggest its his influence on them too? It's much more to do with hoe we are able to watch sport these days, how advertising has changed etc which have had an effect, rather than one intolerable git.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_job Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 pm

JAS wrote:

Did anyone else think it was just plain weird to be subjected to a 10 minute ariel view of him driving away??

Both on the golf cart and then in his car! For a moment I thought I was watching Top Gear.
Bob_the_job
Bob_the_job

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 pm

If he was so injured, what was he doing driving anyway? He was OK to win the UP Open "on one leg" as we were told at the time. I don't suppose this injury came about because of three bogies on the bounce? I feel sorry for Webb Simpson - walking off and leaving your playing partner in effect with no-one to mark his card is not done in my book. Did Webb carry on with a marker, or did he join up with the group in front? NBC were too busy showing pictures of the car roof to tell us the important things!
Tiger now Finished 2975105902
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:58 pm

I think Webb Carried on with a marker, as they televised him putting out on the 18th
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 am

LadyPutt wrote:If he was so injured, what was he doing driving anyway?

They don't use clutches over there, LP. Left leg will have been resting nicely!

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:12 am

They are too fat and lazy to depress a clutch pedal.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:34 am

LadyPutt wrote:If he was so injured, what was he doing driving anyway? He was OK to win the UP Open "on one leg" as we were told at the time. I don't suppose this injury came about because of three bogies on the bounce? I feel sorry for Webb Simpson - walking off and leaving your playing partner in effect with no-one to mark his card is not done in my book. Did Webb carry on with a marker, or did he join up with the group in front? NBC were too busy showing pictures of the car roof to tell us the important things!
Tiger now Finished 2975105902

So you really think that if you injure yourself you should carry on hobbling around just to mark someone's card. Laughable . At what point does it become acceptable to leave the course? Loss of limb, death? I know someone who had a heart attack on the golf course and an ambulance came out. Would you be expect the ambulance to follow you round to ensure your card could be marked?
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:58 am

I was surprised to see that post by LP.

Actually, I probably wasn't.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:23 am

The laughable thing is how can you injure yourself playing golf? Especially an Achilles

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 am

Sleep

Richard Boxall broke his leg playing golf.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:47 am

Hence his nick name 'kit kat'. Spiral fracture at the open if I remember.
What an embarrassment. Woods should be similarly ashamed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm

He only broke his leg to get out of playing with Monthy for the whole 18 holes.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Now he's saying it was only a "mild strain"! What a lot of fuss over nothing.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:21 pm

JAS wrote:Did anyone else think it was just plain weird to be subjected to a 10 minute ariel view of him driving away??

Yes!
I did like the commentator (Critchley's?) comment that it was the "three over par limp" ha ha
I have to say, wasn't it convenient that he played the shot, did the injury, played out the very next hole, behind the green of which his car was parked within a 2 minute buggy ride. How lucky was that to have to pull out on the hole right next to the car park there.............

I doubt he's finished. In fact, i doubt he's even very injured to be honest

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 pm

JAS wrote:I doubt he's finished. In fact, i doubt he's even very injured to be honest
lol!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Did he not realise the amount of Fantasy League points that his withdrawal would cost me? The selfishness and inconsiderate behaviour of some people!... Tiger now Finished 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Just pick him for the Masters, and you will pick up Mega Points.
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:03 pm

If he's injured then why should he carry on to mark someones card.

If its merely a small strain then pulling out was the right thing to do, because that small strain could have become a tear had he carried on, he was seen on the 8th hole trying to stretch out the injury so to pull out a few holes later isn't much surprise.

Has anyone considered the other option! He was playing with Webb "Bible Thumper" Simpson. Maybe tiger simply got pissed off listening to chapter and verse all the way round and though feign injury or drag Webbin the lake and drown him!

It'd have to be a hell of a freak thing for Tigers achilles to keep going on course as it has done a couple times now, so what he really needs to look at are his work routines, because to me sounds like he's over doing the leg press and tightening the hamstirngs and achilles to the point where he then can't do something as simple as play golf without them pulling.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Yes spot on Mav. I have a feeling that all of Tiger's injuries ie the knee in particular, are probably more a result from his weight training regime and running rather than golf swing.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:31 pm

I've said for a long time his physique has gone beyond what is imo ideal for a sport like golf. He has more of a bulked up physique for the likes of a boxing ring or impact sport such as rugby. Golfers should be more athletic as being supple is a huge part of creating torque and twisitng for golf. Camillo Villegas has the bang on physique for golf.

Having look at Tigers bulk he looks more like he does heavy weights and supersets to build bigger muscle which in turn shortens some muscle fibres and can tighten areas such as the hamstrings and achilles.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:00 pm

I agree Mav, I've said for ages his physique is ridiculous. It's more suited to the 100m, but he's got this absurd idea he must work harder in the gym than anyone. Fortunately he doesn't seem to realise that its quality not quantity that is important.

McIlroy, Donald, Garcia, Casey etc have far more appropriate physiques and will have longer careers as a result.
He's only going to have to work harder to maintain it and he's already showing signs of weight problems with his fat neck, double chin and occasionally bulging stomach. I'll give him five years max at the top of the game whereupon his body won't be able to cope any longer.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 am

Really, take a look at Rory now and last year . He has bulked up massively in the past 6 months and is looking ripped right now and that is definitely not his natural physique which is pretty unathletic. I'd say he is completely going down the gym and big weights line.
And Casey is more injury prone than Woods so that example proves nothing. Rose is another who has had a lot of injuries mainly stemming from his back.
It could just as easily be bad luck with Tiger re his injuries, there is no proof it's got anything to do with his gym work.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:54 am

Ok, perhaps some poor examples.
Adam Scott though looks about right for golf.

No idea why anyone thinking they need to look like Dwain Chambers to swing a club is a good idea. It's a game of touch, finesse and timing, not brute strength.

Don't think Casey is any worse than Woods, certainly his have been less serious or career threathening.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:01 am

Diggers: your totally right Mcilroy has pumped up but he is not of Woods proportions and as long as he now maintains instead of continuing to grow he will be fine.

Woods has taken his size imo to far for a sport where flexibility is far more key than size. Is DJ hugely muscle bound no he is athletic in his staure and that's what Woods was when he first hit the tour and that's how he could bomb it past his peers
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 am

Rory has filled out, as any young lad moving from skinny teenage into adulthood would do. He may be toning up in the gym as well but I wouldn't put his change in physique solely down to weight training.

Welcome back, Mav - how was the holiday and how are the plans for the move to the US going?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 am

IMO Rory needed the gym work - he was in severe danger of turning lardy (and could still go that way)

He was well on the way to developing the same shape as hefty-lefty and had the same lumbering gait.
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:08 am

That's true of Woods as well, he isn't a skinny 21 year old. When you full out as a bloke though you (sadly) don't tend to suddenly develop ripped shoulders and biceps. It's more the Gmac look for most people of a general solidness.
I don't think it's a conincidence that since Rory hooked up with a true athlete who will certainly be a gym bunny, his physique has also changed.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:10 am

Hi LP.

Holiday was hit and miss first half the week a hit, glorious weather beautiful golf course even run into in passing Marys boy. The second half a huge miss as the whole family with the exception of my good lady was ill!

House hunting going very well, we've got an offer in which has been accepted, so now its all sorting the finer details of the move and getting out there. We also need to sort out what were doing with our home here original plans to keep it and let it out but now realising what's the point in that.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:16 am

It should be pointed out that, bar one or two, Woods still hits it past most of them so i'm not sure that was much to do with his athletic rather than muscular physique, more to do with the ridiculous club head speed he seems to generate

I do agree that he has taken it too far though and i have no doubt it has contributed to his injuries.
I used to play football with a guy who was, and still is, the most muscle bound guy i've ever seen in real life. Could he play football? Not even close. Everytime he tried to sprint he strained something, everytime he hit a tackle he pulled something, everytime he fell over he tore something. Some sports having the bulk helps, others it doesn't and i don't think golf is necessarily one where it does. Nicklaus was hardly a Stallone lookalike

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:23 am

And the ridiculous club head speed combined with his over the top body mass is what is causing his laughable injuries. You don't need to be a doctor to work that out. (more evidence of Woods lack of intelligence and vanity/ego taking over?)

You don't see fast bowlers bulking up like that, their knees would last no time and they have similar forces going through their bodies in terms of torsional and rotational movement.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:55 am

Agreed
I'm just saying i don't think the bulk is detrimental to his golf game, just makes him more prone to injury

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:02 am

I don't think it does him any favours, hopefully it will affect him more as he becomes less flexible/fat.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:01 am

Super
When it comes to Tiger you sound like a gramophone record with its needle stuck, for god sake back off we are all sick of you using every opportunity to have a go at him, I do not mind you not liking him, and I appreciate that people have different opinions, but you are so bias against him, think you might have problem.

Last edited by oldparwin on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:45 am

I'd be amazed if Woods didn't do a lot of cardio and stretching, maybe even yoga.
It's stark staringly obvious that Woods will have a dedicated fitness team giving him an exact fitness program he should follow. His medical team will also examine everything that happens in terms of cause of any injuries and would tailor his exercise accordingly.
Westwood was banging on a few months ago in an interview about how much he can bench press these days so he clearly does big weights as part of his regime. But he also does a lot of stretching to keep supple. You can have muscle mass and still be supple, it's just about balancing your routine. Look at Villegas, he is ripped for a tiny guy but he is also incredibly supple with it.
My point is its all conjecture re his injuries but I'm certain better experts than post on here give him guidance as to what he should and shouldn't be doing.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:11 am

oldparwin wrote:I do not mind you not licking him

Ewwwww

diggers wrote:My point is its all conjecture re his injuries but I'm certain better experts than post on here give him guidance as to what he should and shouldn't be doing.

Experts maybe. Better experts? That's possibly questionable. I'm sure we all though Michael Jackson would have top notch medical care but look what happened to him!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:26 am

I think Id compare Woods backing team to other top sports stars rather than some drug addled freak. There is a lot of money riffing on gmhom being in the best shape he can be.
We can all have an opinion at the end of the day as to whether his body mass is causing injuries but that's all it is, an opinion. Personally I don't agree.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:36 am

Op, I'm hardly the only one talking about him on this topic. For once I think we are making some good points about his appalling fitness state rather than just slagging him off for being a plum.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:06 pm

super_realist wrote:Op, I'm hardly the only one talking about him on this topic. For once I think we are making some good points about his appalling fitness state rather than just slagging him off for being a plum.

No, but you are the only one positively wishing harm on him, which is frankly just childish.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Am I wishing harm upon him or just wishing for the good of golf viewing that he doesn't recover fully?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:20 am

super_realist wrote:

he doesn't seem to realise that its quality not quantity that is important.

Agreed. I would go for Erin over a dozen waitresses and porn stars. Wink
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 am

Erin could be crap in the sack for all we know or gone all frigid afte having kids. Or just a dull scandie, I've met plenty of those.
Why does any bloke shag around, presumably they loved and fancied their wife at some stage. What they look like doesn't have much to do with it.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:41 am

Not to split hairs over her name but Elin is a decent looking bird, but as Diggers points out what she looks like in all honesty has naff all to do with why Tiger dipped his wick elsewhere.

Cheating isn't always about being unhappy with who your with, its not always about looking for something better or different. In can simply be for the thrill and excitement of doing what your not supposed to and seeing how far you can push it.

Could just be that this guy who works out a lot thus has likely high levels of testosterone floating around that he merely wanted to service his needs and figure she'll do!

Or in a Tour players instance it could simply be that much time away from home starts you to drift apart in your own mind (even if not in your partners) and you think I'm not getting what I want or need so you go off and do what a lot of single guys do and get what you want from anywhere you can get it.

Also factor in what most men do in their teens and college years (early 20's) and that's let loose, drink too much, sow their oats if possible and then settle down once its out of their system. Tiger never did any of that in those years or whilst Earl was still about as he pushed him toward his goals, so once he got over his grief for dad maybe he simply wanted to do what he missed out on

Whichever it was ot whatever his reasons does it matter, is he the first bloke to play away and shag about No, will he be the last!!!! Only if were made extinct
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:22 am

It wasn't so much the shagging around that made me disgusted (he's not the first and won't be the last), but the fact that one of his "conquests" revealed he likes giving women a slap or two. Maybe that's why Elin decided he wasn't the one for her after all .......
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next