Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger - Tactics

2 posters

Go down

Tiger - Tactics Empty Tiger - Tactics

Post by Doc Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Well as its really, really quiet on here of late, I thought I'd throw a Tiger thread into the pot to see if we can liven it up.

Last week Tiger played a conservative game, and he was berated by the pundits, until he explained why in an interview. It then seemed the pundits climbed down and accepted Tigers explanation. So if it was obvious to Tiger, why didn't the pundits think things through before pouring out garbage.

I heard Tigers interview, and although it was plausible, I still think he could have done better, because even though he wasn't using woods, he still found some trouble with his irons. Tiger playing par 5's in regulation is unheard of, and not having a rip at short par 4's likewise. So as an Open venue is Royal Lytham up to it these days, if many of the pro's are playing irons instead of driver/3-wood? Even Hoylake only saw tiger get a wood out of his bag once and he won the event.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Tiger - Tactics Empty Re: Tiger - Tactics

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Doc even in the days of his dominance Tiger would rarely have a crack at a short par 4. He has always been a very conservative player off the tee (except in his very early years). He's been much the same in every major and other event he's won. Can't make him wrong when it works so well.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:57 am

LJ many of these pro's can hit the ball a mile now, and makes me think that they've outgrown a lot of our courses, especially in the Open. The US Open is always a monster and set up to be difficult so that level par is the average winning total. Is it time we looked to change some of our venues for the Open, as we're in danger of making it a 3 clubs and a putter comp'.

As for Tiger, he obviously has a game plan and tries to stick with it. He is hitting his 3-iron longer than I can hit driver, but it's boring to watch
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down