Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Really Does Have The Worst Swing

+6
diggers
ChrisGG
drive4show
Davie
JDandfries
Doc
10 posters

Go down

Who Really Does Have The Worst Swing Empty Who Really Does Have The Worst Swing

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 am

We've all seen plenty of top players with a swing to die for, people like Ernie and Rory, but if winning was all down to to the swing, these and players like them would win every week. I know my swing is bad, but also know it can be affective sometimes, but I see Bubba and think 'no way' and then he produces shot of brilliance .... So which players have so-called bad swings, but produce results?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Who Really Does Have The Worst Swing Empty Re: Who Really Does Have The Worst Swing

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:48 am

The obvious one is Furyk, but personally I think JB Holmes has the worst swing technically, its almost a Ice Hockey Slap Shot.

i too, must confess to having an unorthodox swing
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Who Really Does Have The Worst Swing Empty Re: Who Really Does Have The Worst Swing

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 am

JDandfries wrote:The obvious one is Furyk, but personally I think JB Holmes has the worst swing technically, its almost a Ice Hockey Slap Shot.

i too, must confess to having an unorthodox swing

Big fall for ugly Jim this year, but think a lot of it was down to the short stick, but JB, oh hell yes, but still manages to get it out there with the best of them. What sort of fairway % does he get?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:04 am

What about Tommy Two-Gloves?
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 am

One we always used to mock as Juniors, was Eamon Darcy, although I am sure it wasn't as bad as we made out!
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:09 am

Davie wrote:What about Tommy Two-Gloves?

Yeh he makes me look like Ernie bounce
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:43 am

Agreed, Gainey has a horrendous swing, all about brute force and no finesse. Eamon Darcy's swing is on a par with Furyk's

But some of the so called top players have big swing faults as well but they somehow seem to get away with it. Westy has a very bent left arm, Woods loses a massive amount of height through impact, Monty has always had an old fashioned 'reverse C' swing.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:51 am

In simple terms (If only it was thus) The club head at address is what you aim for, and however pig ugly the swing is, as long as it gets back to the ball at impact in the same as it was addressed, it should fly. I witnessed a lady at my away course every Saturday who looked like she was using a lassoo. I nearly wet myself watching, but fair play to her she got it away every time, and some distance. Smile
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 am

I reckon Matt Kuchar's is a bit weird. Not anywhere near Gainey or Furyk bad but it does seem very wide and he comes over the top.
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:31 am

Ryan Moore has a very odd swing, very open and picks the club up steeply and then drops it massively back to the inside on the way down. Huge shift in his swing plane.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:55 am

ChrisGG wrote:I reckon Matt Kuchar's is a bit weird. Not anywhere near Gainey or Furyk bad but it does seem very wide and he comes over the top.

I seem to remember the pundits talking about a flat or shallow swing with Kooch ?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 am

Doc wrote:
ChrisGG wrote:I reckon Matt Kuchar's is a bit weird. Not anywhere near Gainey or Furyk bad but it does seem very wide and he comes over the top.

I seem to remember the pundits talking about a flat or shallow swing with Kooch ?

Yeah, that's what I mean
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 am

Kuch works the one plane method, meant to be exactly the same on the way back as it is down! The weirdest part is he rebuilt his swing to achieve what it looks like now! His swing from when he won the US Am was pretty orthodox and normal!

GMac(Gprat) has an awful swing IMO huge change in plane, Fowlers is unique but not bad.

However ugliest swing imo : Jeev Milka Singh! Looks like he should play off 28 at best but gets it round
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:16 am

JDandfries wrote:One we always used to mock as Juniors, was Eamon Darcy, although I am sure it wasn't as bad as we made out!

A pro whom I was getting some tuition from last season mentioned that he was caddying for a young Scottish pro trying to get onto the Challenge Tour and that his playing partner in one of the Qualies was Eamon, said that he had to stop watching him after 2 shots for fear of vomiting seeing something so brute ugly up close!

His swing is up there with Furyk for me. Ugly swing or not however, Jim is the best from 120 yards in for me. GMac has a fairly hideous swing also.

Gareth_NI

Back to top Go down

Post by theeldestboy Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm going to end this debate right now with 3 simple words.

Jeev.

Milkha.

Singh.
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:03 am

Didn't I mention JMS earlier!

100percent agree
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:05 am

I'll see your JMS and raise you a Tommy Gainey Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 am

I'll see your Tommy Gainey and raise you a 'my old man'
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by theeldestboy Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 am

I'll see your Tommy Gainey and...sod it...i'm all in with....me.
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 am

I'll see your old man and rasie you.. No wait doesn't sound right does it!!!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down