Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best & Worst

+3
smithersjones
raycastleunited
Doc
7 posters

Go down

Best & Worst Empty Best & Worst

Post by Doc Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Last night I squeezed 9-holes in, along with a couple of mates. Plenty of banter and piss taking aimed at me, as I hacked my way through waist high hay, losing 6 balls in the first 5-holes. Frustrated as hell because i couldn't seem to do anything until the tough 6th, which I managed to par. The next hole a short par 4 of 302 yds, I hit the pin nearly acing it (wind assisted) from the tee. Tap in eagle followed by birdie, birdie. At least it wiped the smile of their faces Laughing

I think we've all played a crap 9 followed by a great 9, but I've never had 9-holes like that before, because I was garbage at best for 5 holes, then played like a cat1 player. The closing hole (Par 5) right in front of the clubhouse patio, which was full, saw me hit a 3-wood to 6-feet, miss eagle for a tap in birdie. The guys on the veranda complementing me, never saw the first few holes of window licker golf. Innocent
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst Empty Re: Best & Worst

Post by raycastleunited Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:59 am

Note to Admin: maybe move this to the "tell us about your game" thread?

Doc - good stuff! Best & Worst 1927768590 Those moments, where you play a shot or a hole in a manner that any pro would be proud of, are what makes golf so great.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:19 am

raycastleunited wrote:Note to Admin: maybe move this to the "tell us about your game" thread?

Doc - good stuff! Best & Worst 1927768590 Those moments, where you play a shot or a hole in a manner that any pro would be proud of, are what makes golf so great.

Ray, unfortunatley the eagle was a lucky bounce from the elbow of a fairway bunker that kicked the ball right, and on up to the green and flag. The 2 birdies were great though
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:05 am

Well done, Doc. The closest I've ever come to something like that was about 10 years ago. We used to have a running medal comp that you could enter as many times as you liked. I entered one day, played with a guy off similar handicap and we both NRd after 9 holes, so badly were we playing. We had a spot of lunch and tried again, and lo and behold I shot level par off 11!

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:54 am

In a society day a few years ago at Crondon Park which I believe is SJ's course. Playing off 8 then, scored a very ordinary 13 points on the front followed by 26 on the back, including finishing with birdies at 16,17 and the long 18th (although off yellow tees obviously!)
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:00 am

Playing at Monte Mayor on a golf holiday. One of the blokes had a par 3 at the 16th for 3 points and in doing so doubled his stableford score!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:04 am

Nice finish Blue. I never parred the 18th when I was at CP but one time I did manage to make birdie in the snow. My mate ran one over the pond going up the 16th that day much to his delight.

Big hangover Blue Best & Worst 3461234324

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 am

BlueCoverman wrote:In a society day a few years ago at Crondon Park which I believe is SJ's course. Playing off 8 then, scored a very ordinary 13 points on the front followed by 26 on the back, including finishing with birdies at 16,17 and the long 18th (although off yellow tees obviously!)

You're right, BCM, that is my home track, and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you had that spread of scores. The weird thing is I find it can just as easily happen the other way around! Finishing 3,2,4 is impressive, though, well done.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks SJ, finish helped by a couple of monster long putts as I recall!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:Playing at Monte Mayor on a golf holiday. One of the blokes had a par 3 at the 16th for 3 points and in doing so doubled his stableford score!

Such a lovely place to score so few points.

Been there, done that.. Innocent

I realy like the par 5 where you play to one plateau, then to the next plateau & then to an island green. Wave
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Monte Mayor is currently closed Setup, with no further plans to reopen. Blaming 'disappointing operational results'. Shame really, I always enjoyed playing there
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Clubber 2nd round a long time ago. Into the gond going out and pretty hard, but 8 over for 10 was hopeless. Was probably a couple over the mark at that point.

On the back 9 with tith wind behind it was easier to hit fairways and greens. Played the last 8 in 5 under closing out with a hole in 1 at par 3 18th.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down