Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilson Balls - The latest advert

4 posters

Go down

Wilson Balls - The latest advert Empty Wilson Balls - The latest advert

Post by Doc Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am

Did anyone see the new Wilson 'soft/long' ball advert during last nights golf. Looks like the ad was made by a bloke from the club and using a society to plug it. I'm all for advertising stuff in golf, but are wilson trying to get rid of some balls that failed to make it past testing, so had no budget for the ad, or could these be decent balls, but needed an ad knocking up yesterday afternoon from scratch Shocked

I prefer a softer ball, and if it has less spin and getting some distance then I'd give them a try, but the ad looks cheap and bad, and not sure of the one piece ground breaking inner core for better ......
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Wilson Balls - The latest advert Empty Re: Wilson Balls - The latest advert

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:15 am

Is this the Wilson Duo, Doc? I've seen one where they did a bounce "test" during the advert and the Wilson bounced higher so you're asked to imagine what it be like off of a club face. Not sure I believe the hard for distance and soft around the greens bumpf though.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 am

Agree with you, Doc. The players they had demonstrating their swings looked like someone from a Saturday Swindle.

And I'd like some more information - what's the compression of the ball? Is it 80? 90? Can't be 100 cos that wouldn't be soft. And how on earth can you have a "soft" "distance" ball? It's a contradiction.

Cheap and bad = Wilson Staff
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea0YatQNzNU

You Tube version, but remember its softer around the greens and 35 yards longer off the tee Wink
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 am

Yeh, complete arse video. Shame , as there Fg tour ball is a very good ball, yet they choose to push this turd out as the ball to use. The marketing manager must have been taking some of Vijays antler spray to approve this tosh to appear on our screens!!

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down