Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Callaway balls

3 posters

Go down

Callaway balls Empty Callaway balls

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 am

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Callaway balls Empty Re: Callaway balls

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Interesting LJ. If you look on the Callaway site they don't list the Hex Pro as a ball in their range but it has a product page. It could also be a store version; Walmart had a Callaway CX3 ball at one stage which was supposed to be a 3 piece tour ball when the HX Tour ball was their top end offering.

I wonder if this will be a replacement for the Hex Black which is supposed to be discontinued soon. Supposedly the Chrome is a Pro V1 equivalent and the Black was a Pro V1x equivalent. The Chrome + is supposed to sit somewhere between the two.

Let us know how you get on.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:03 pm

From what I am seeing it looks like it might be a rebrand of an old premium ball with a more durable cover.

Reading mixed reviews of it but that is expected of any ball when different people get hold of it.

Will get some when I got to pick up my new glasses (my old ones got scratched and costco took responsibility for that and are making me a new pair for 40 quid compared to the 200 i paid for the same ones last time.)
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:05 am

Should this topic heading not be Top-Flite balls. .?
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Setup people usually are a bit shocked at the quality of the goods they provide. They stock the old Titleist tour distance for example. I imagine it was a bulk buy of the remaining stock they had which is then passed on at a ridiculous discount.

Or the white hot putter. They are selling those for about 40 quid or so right now.

A lot of what they do is sell in bulk to businesses so it is the premium quality product at a wholesale price. They can't get away with low quality brands. Although they do have their own inhouse brand, but that is usually pretty high end stuff as well.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:17 am

I need to pop over to Costco and see if I can pick some up. Need to wait until next weekend though, off to Murcia this weekend.
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 am

so.... not a bad ball. Although I'm not convinced they are better than a bridgestone. They seem to have a very high compression even for my swingspeed. They certainly fly well but I had an issue holding the greens with them. That said I wasn't hitting it great and the greens were stupid firm.

Came off the putter face pretty nicely though.

On the plus side Costco has started doing a nice leather glove again. Callaway again and 15 quid for three. Gotta love that.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Not a bad ball, put one in play on Saturday & never manged to lose it.

Didn't play that well or is that score very well, but when I caught it the ball flew very well. And a nice noise off my putter face.
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum