Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap Balls

+3
hend085
super_realist
Doc
7 posters

Go down

Cheap Balls Empty Cheap Balls

Post by Doc Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:11 am

My normal ball is Bridgestone Tour B330, but I picked up some well cheap 'Dunlop Tour Pro' today £8 for 2 dozen. Worst case scenario I'll be using them on the practice area, but going to give them a try in the morning.

Feel crap, look crap so expecting crap results too, but still going to give it a whirl. What results would you expect to see?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Cheap Balls Empty Re: Cheap Balls

Post by super_realist Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:18 am

A shattered driver face!!

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 am

havent tried them yet but apparently this new golf ball has pretty impressive results. French Manafacturer i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIR3oCQMQBE

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:56 am

Doc

Hope it's not too cold up your way in the morning, could be some numb fingers after hitting those little bad boys! Innocent

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:57 am

Talking of balls, I've bought a sleeve each of Nike 20XI and Callaway Tour this week, will be trying them out on the course over the weekend. If they are any good I'll post a write up.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 am

drive4show wrote:Talking of balls, I've bought a sleeve each of Nike 20XI and Callaway Tour this week, will be trying them out on the course over the weekend. If they are any good I'll post a write up.

I tried the 20XI X last week. Nice ball, probably a bit longer but not as good a feel as the Pro V1-X. I didn't get on with the S, though that may be because I bought them off eBay back in October and they might have been knock-offs. Be interesting to see what you make of them, D4S.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:18 am

Best of luck Doc!...personally I don't even like using crap balls to practice with, nothing like the feel of a decent ball off the clubface to help boost the confidence a bit
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Plenty of your comments had me bricking it, so carried a couple of Bridgestone's, just in case. I have to say that the balls were'nt that bad!!! Not a bad feel off the club, and got plenty of elevation and seemed to play rather well for 30p a ball. The conditions were gloopy, so wherever the ball carried, that was where it finished up, so not sure if I lost any distance. But not a bad ball for the price, and deffo a decent option when you consider they were a tenth of the price of my usual ball. So I'll use these cheapies for the odd knock with Mrs Doc and practice etc.

Wonder how much a ball at Dunlop costs to produce against a Titliest ball. I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that Titliest can produce them cheaper and will make a huge margin. I'll also go so far as say that most golferes wouldn't know the difference between the two Wink

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HFI/is_7_53/ai_87719510/

I think this subject could be fun

Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:42 am

I have changed my mind on balls in the last 2 years. I used to be a play anything couldn't care less ball whoore. But now, I am much more choosy. I do not get a lot of spin on my wedges, so I like the pro V1. Just seems more controllable, but I also like the wilson staff DS3.

Biggest ball snob on the board - used to be LJ - don't know about now, but LJ would only play bridgestones. I've seen him not even pick up a pro v1 finder!! Cheap Balls 398825057
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 pm

I too was a Bridgestone man, but since I got this new swing which gives me more club head speed ...... I'm back with my fitter in a few weeks so he can check my clubs over, and intend having a ball fitting done again. So whatever the results from that, will be the main ball for me.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 am

Make sure you count 'em after he is done Doc! affraid
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content