Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

+14
drive4show
Noshankingtonite
BlueCoverman
venice1
Del_Boy
oldshanker
Mercurio
Maverick
Doc
ChrisGG
MustPuttBetter
JDandfries
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 2 Empty Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by Davie Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

And for those of you in the Winter Eclectic competition, a place for you to tell us about your latest eclectic exploits - and for 1GG to come and update us on scores!

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (9.3.2012)

-15 (6) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-14 (7) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-12 (7) Raycastleunited
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-9 (6) turnip
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-3 (7) Nay Bother

Last edited by Davie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 9 times in total
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by Mercurio Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 pm

I've just noticed how well I'm doing on the leader board.

Great stuff.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by drive4show Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote: Nowt to add; should have stayed in the warmth of my scratcher playing with my **** Twisted Evil

**** = xbox??? Innocent

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:33 am

drive4show wrote:
Noshankingtonite wrote: Nowt to add; should have stayed in the warmth of my scratcher playing with my **** Twisted Evil

**** = xbox??? Innocent

Something like that Drive, something like that Nurse
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:42 am

Got a round in earlier, only bettered 1 or 2 scores but had an eagle on a short par 4 helped by an incredibly strong tail wind. Will send scores to 1GG later.
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:21 am

Happy New Year everyone. I'll get ome admin work done over the Bank Holiday and post an update for the beginning of the year.

Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Grumpster - I'm going to try and get round 4 in today. Beautiful day in Cotswolds, will let you know how I got on.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 am

Grumpster - bright but cold day on the course in the Cotswolds. Managed to improve my score by 3 shots. Will email you the update
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:25 am

Jeez NST - you post your intent at 12:45 and are back posting results at 5:15? Didn't you stop for a beer? Wink
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 am

Evening Grumpster....I will be doing my 4th Round on Sunday. It's going to be a bit of a culture shock playing in this weather after the holiday but I've got to bite the bullet sometime.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 am

Davie wrote:Jeez NST - you post your intent at 12:45 and are back posting results at 5:15? Didn't you stop for a beer? Wink

I'm being good at the mo Davie, trying to lose weight and improve the old diet. Can't afford beer anyway at the mo, times is hard dontcha know. Ahh well, must go people to see, chimneys to sweep..... lol!
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Grumpster,

Playing round 5 this afternoon. Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:20 am

Rounds 4 and 5 for me this weekend
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:06 am

Grumpster,

Have emailed you round 5 with updated spreadsheet.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am

Hoping to get my next (last?) round in on Sunday. Will confirm for definite Saturday night or Sunday morning

At least I'll win being the first to complete 8 rounds!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 am

Surprised to see i'm still at the helm of this rabble. Hibbz must be going through his thesarus looking for more names to call me.

Think i'll take a punt on round 5 friday please Venice despite being without a driver i'm willing to give it a go, be mighty hard for me to get any lower anyway
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 pm

1GG I'm going for round 5 this Saturday please
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:23 am

Mav, I know I have been a little lacking in the admin department recently but WTF has Venice got to do with the eclectic.

Hibbz has nearly shot his bolt, only 1 round left to play and in a race with Davie to complete first.

NST, got your email, thanks mate

Leaderboard coming soon, plenty of changes and jostling for position, becoming even more bunched.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:33 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Mav, I know I have been a little lacking in the admin department recently but WTF has Venice got to do with the eclectic.

Laugh 1GG. Hopefully I'll be able to participate by the end of the summer as I'm recovering from internal knee misery.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:34 am

Round 5 in and emailed back to you Grumpster Smile
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:40 am

venice1 wrote:
1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Mav, I know I have been a little lacking in the admin department recently but WTF has Venice got to do with the eclectic.

Laugh 1GG. Hopefully I'll be able to participate by the end of the summer as I'm recovering from internal knee misery.

There's always next year Venice. Hope the knee gets better soon

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Looking to do round 5 tomorrow. Unless there's a dramatic change in the weather I'm guessing that we'll be on temps....Does that still count for the eclectic purposes?
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

1GG sorry mate its been a long christmas/new year! Got confused bewteen the fantasy league and eclectic

1GG. : Scratch that round 5 am on my way to Lincolnshire to have new driver fitting done today so can I take round 5 sunday instead please dear fellow
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:14 am

I'll throw my hat in the ring for round 6 tomorrow, although I expect we'll be playing to temp greens, in which case I assume the round is discounted.

Cheers grumps.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:56 pm

.A.O. Grumpy...I'm about to go do round 5. Never got an answer on the temp greens question. Will confirm later whether or not we played on temps. Given how white is still is I think it's a given though.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Sorry guys meant to reply earlier. I'd prefer if temps weren't included as some early participants discounted those holes and/ or the round when temps came in to play.

No doubt this will set all those playing today on temps to have a blinder.

Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:35 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, drum roll please.

The latest edition of the Winter Eclectic leaderboard, as at January 13, 2012:

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (13.1.2012)

-15 (5) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-14 (4) Maverick
-11 (3) Hend085
-11 (4) Ban_Bam
-11 (7) Hibbz
-10 (7) Davie
-10 (5) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) Noshankingtonite
-9 (4) OldParwin
-9 (3) JDandfries
-9 (5) Raycastleunited
-9 (4) ChrisGG
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (4) Doc
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-8 (4) JAS
-7 (3) theshanker
-6 (3) NavyBlueShorts
-6 (2) Turnip
-5 (4) Golfermartin
-3 (4) Mercurio

We have a change of lead, Setup has overtaken Mav and holds a 1 shot lead as the competitors enter the final stages. There is a neck and neck race between Davie and Hibbz as to who will finish all 8 rounds first. Emails and time of posting will have to be scrutinized very carefully.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:48 am

Nice one 1GG - I've updated the lead post too with the leaderboard

Still hope to get R8 played tomorrow but with heavy frost expected, who knows. We rarely have temp greens but if it happens tomorrow I'll state my intention in advance that I'm happy to discount it if we are on temps
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Round 6 today grumpy, just had a late call up of an available tee time Smile
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:08 am

no round 5 for me today grumps, played in an ivitational day at a friends course run by their pro and for his charity
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 am

I played today but as I suspected there were a lot of winter greens which is unusual for my place. I actually think it wasn't as cold as expected last night and I'm not sure why they had so many in play when they normally don't - perhaps just an expectation and a carry over from Saturday where the frost was very severe.

Tee to green played very long for a winter NW event where most of the tees were right back close to the stones - the sort of tee positions you'd expect in the summer or for a winter qualifier, but as it was a NQ I'm a little baffled why they were so harsh for the time of year

Not a great day for me - seemed to lose interest after about 12-13 holes because of the greens.

I would have shaved another couple of shots off my eclectic but with the greens the way they were I don't feel comfortable claiming them (both were on holes severely shortened despite the evil tee boxes)

I'll leave the decision to 1GG (or let him put it to a vote?) - In good faith I don't feel the round should count and I'm happy to have 1GG decide to discount it if that's more fair to others (though if he wants to accept it I'll take the 2 shot improvement on holes I'd normally struggle to improve on!

Your call 1GG - I'll PM you details of the two shot improvement if you want but I can't in fairness claim them and I'd prefer to ignore the round today (even if it means Hibbz gets to finish his 8 rounds before me!)
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:04 am

Davie, got your PM; other people have discounted their scores or round so I will stick with that principle and strike out this round. You still have round 8 to play.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:28 am

raycastleunited wrote:I'll throw my hat in the ring for round 6 tomorrow, although I expect we'll be playing to temp greens, in which case I assume the round is discounted.

Cheers grumps.

Grumpy - as expected, rock hard golf course and 18 temp greens yesterday. Was still enjoyable to be out on such a lovely sunny day. Very pleasant when properly kitted out in baselayers etc.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Grumpster I'm playing on Sunday please, but will this be round 5 or round 6? I emailed you round 5, but saw your comment about winter greens, so suspect round 5 won't count?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Ok I'm going to take round 5 on saturday grumps, not sure how I can improve my score with no shots but give it a go
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 am

Grumpy
Hoping to play round 5 on Saturday, weather permitting, and no temporary greens
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:38 am

Doc, just read your email in light of your post. No this round will not count, you will resume with round 5.

Mav and OP, fingers crossed conditions are good. Good luck.

Davie, you lost the race to finish first. Hibbz posted -11 after 8 rounds although it's not really a clubhouse lead.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Grumpster - off to play round 6 right now. Will let you know how I do later.
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Grumpster - have emailed round 6 back to you...... Wave
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:13 am

Wave NST.

Got your email, I'll post a quick update today and see how far you have jumped up the leaderboard. A near miss eagle indeed. Where's the bandito smilie?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:07 am

The latest edition of the Winter Eclectic leaderboard, as at January 20, 2012:

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (20.1.2012)

-14 (4) Maverick
-13 (4) JDandfries
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-11 (3) Hend085
-11 (4) Ban_Bam
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (7) Davie
-10 (5) JAS
-10 (5) MustPuttBetter
-9 (4) OldParwin
-9 (5) Raycastleunited
-9 (4) ChrisGG
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (4) Doc
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-6 (3) NavyBlueShorts
-6 (3) Turnip
-5 (4) Golfermartin
-3 (4) Mercurio

Looks like the leaderboard is getting tighter than a Scotsman and more bunched than the Tour de France.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:13 am

Good work 1GG - I've updated the first post again

I was starting to get a nosebleed that high up the leaderboard!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:18 am

I think you just scared other people into action Davie. Thanks for the update. Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Round 7 for me today Grumpy. (I noticed that you have me down as only having played 5 in the table). My 6th round (last Sunday) was non scoring, not a single birdie Sad

JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 pm

I wasn't sure if it was a proper counting round JAS. I was going to check in with you to see if you did owe me a card, no need now. I'll record that you've played it. Good luck tomorrow. Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:41 am

I've sent you my 5th round today, Grumps.

Some birdies, at last!
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 am

Hi grumps played my round 5 as I said I would today, won't bother sending the card as there is no improvements. Played well enough but gonna be hard for me to improve on -14.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Alas round 7 was another non scorer Grumps...infact it was a complete and utter unmitigated disaster, not a single birdie, we got dumped out the winter knock out 5&4 and putting the tin hat on a thoroughly miserable day was that my trolley developed a mind of it's own and wandered off into a pond!! Had to go waist deep to get it back, phone & bushnell completely wrecked and my lower half and right arm completely soaked. Not ideal with 11 holes still to play. Managed it not bad, took the opportunity at the turn to change socks & shoes and replace the wet trousers with my waterproofs so the trolley incident didn't really influence the result, we were already 3 down when it happened and lost 8 & 9 to birdies. So 5 at the turn. Despite 5 straight pars we stayed 5 down. So paid heavily for not dropping birdie putts.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 pm

JAS wrote:putting the tin hat on a thoroughly miserable day was that my trolley developed a mind of it's own and wandered off into a pond!! Had to go waist deep to get it back, phone & bushnell completely wrecked and my lower half and right arm completely soaked.

Quite an eventful day JAS - mind you as the International Man of Mystery you surely are used to that.

Here's your next assignment............should you choose to accept it. This board will self destruct in 5 seconds.....*poof* Innocent

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/52500/Water-Golf-52555.jpg
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:17 am

The latest edition of the Winter Eclectic leaderboard, as at January 22, 2012:

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (22.1.2012)

-14 (5) Maverick
-13 (4) JDandfries
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-11 (3) Hend085
-11 (4) Ban_Bam
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (7) Davie
-10 (7) JAS
-10 (5) MustPuttBetter
-9 (4) OldParwin
-9 (5) Raycastleunited
-9 (4) ChrisGG
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (4) Doc
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-8 (5) Golfermartin
-8 (5) Mercurio
-7 (3) theshanker
-7 (4) NavyBlueShorts
-6 (3) Turnip

So, no change at the top but interestingly enough some folks found their golf clubs and decided to get involved Smile and unfortunately for others, some folks didn't bother the scorers Innocent

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris b Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:59 am

what's game ? can I join?

chris b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next