Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

+14
drive4show
Noshankingtonite
BlueCoverman
venice1
Del_Boy
oldshanker
Mercurio
Maverick
Doc
ChrisGG
MustPuttBetter
JDandfries
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... Empty Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by Davie Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm

And for those of you in the Winter Eclectic competition, a place for you to tell us about your latest eclectic exploits - and for 1GG to come and update us on scores!

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (9.3.2012)

-15 (6) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-14 (7) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-12 (7) Raycastleunited
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-9 (6) turnip
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-3 (7) Nay Bother

Last edited by Davie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 9 times in total
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by Davie Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Played my 4th round yesterday and finally a few things clicked - tough conditions with a 2-3 club wind at times and fairways that weren't running at all. Damp air too made the course play long although there was a little help on one or two holes with generous tees - still off full whites though - no winter tees and no temp greens

I actually shot one of my best scores of the year - no competition though just a friendly 3-ball - at least I took the money

And I believe something like 7 shots off my eclectic including a par on our index 1 hole (a par 4 that I rarely reach in two even in good conditions - today was a drive, 3 wood and wedge to 4 foot and sunk the par putt)

That takes out most of my possible improvements though - I can only see another couple of shots that can be easily improved on - after that it will take some serious hard work to get down lower

EMail on the way to 1GG with scores
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:11 am

Good stuff, Davie, that's got to put you right up there troubling mid table obscurity. Innocent

I'll post a rules thread for those who are interested in joining in. I might be busy at work today, but I'll get a leaderboard update out as soon as I can.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:08 am

Round 4 for me this saturday
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 am

Hoping for my next round on Friday but as the course was closed today (first time this winter after a lot of rain overnight) I'll have to confirm Friday morning
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:17 am

Round 5 for me on Sat pls Grumpster

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Grumps - I saw your summary on the darkside and you have me down for R4 on Friday (your balls will be in a vice over there for even mentioning me!)

Friday is still on though still weather permitting, but I think it's R5 for me
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:53 am

My mistake Davie, you're right it is round 5 for you. That's not getting around to doing the admin work....

I was tempted to put a facetious comment against it, something like, ooh will I get banned for mentioning Davie. However maybe you should be called Voldemort over there as they don't like you to be named.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 am

Can anyone this eclectic?
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:10 am

ChrisGG wrote:Can anyone this eclectic?

Can anyone "what" this eclectic Chris?

Join, yes
Make fun of, no, unless playing in said eclectic
Use magic pencil, no, cheating bar stewards not allowed

If you would like to participate you have just successfully shamed me into having to put up the eclectic rules and regs thread that I have been promising for some time. Keep an eye out for it, it will be up this morning. (well it's morning for me)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 am

Yes I meant join Embarassed Rules would be much appreciated, and fear not, I'll leave the magic pencil at home tongue
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:16 am

ChrisGG wrote:Yes I meant join Embarassed Rules would be much appreciated, and fear not, I'll leave the magic pencil at home tongue

Rule 1: late starters are docked their first score Cool Welcome Chris, its easy and keeps the interest going through the winter. You just need to get 8-rounds in and 1GG will post the rules, simples
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:20 am

Alright, cheers Doc and 1GG Smile
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 am

Don't listen to Doc, Chris.

BTW mentioned in a microdot somewhere in the rules and regs thread is the power to penalize competitors for WUMmery. Doc you're treading a fine line Wink

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:19 am

If Davies Voldermort what's that make me! Well seeing as we call them the Darkside can I be Obi Wan or Mav Skywalker! Maybe more of a Mav Solo (oh wait that's something different entirely)

No more rounds for me this side of Xmas, got a scramble this weekend then its Xmas mode and just practising.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:43 am

1GG - you should have me down for a round on Sunday.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Merc, probably. I'll have to check the dark side. You were so flipping organised that you mapped out when you were going to play. I'll stick your dates in my spreadsheet and hopefully that will remind me.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 am

1GG - I'm going to withdraw from my R5 on Fridy if that's OK with you. STill hoping to play some sort of round but the forecast isn't great and it's likely to be perhaps only 9 holes or too contrived with partial closures to make a full round. Sunday will be my next attempt though at the moment the forecast isn't looking much better. Still, pencil me in provisionally for Sunday and I'll update nearer the time
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:09 am

As expected, only 9 holes today as the front nine was too wet, but (at the moment) still hoping for 18 on Sunday - will let you know
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 am

Sorry chaps, been organizing and preparing the missus's birthday party over the couple of days which was yesterday. Great time had by all, after party involved Just Dance 3 on the Wii, don't snigger. Only the birthday girl woke up this morning with headache and feeling sore despite not really drinking and not partaking in the dance stupidity. Life's not fair is it honey.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:17 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Sorry chaps, been organizing and preparing the missus's birthday party over the couple of days which was yesterday. Great time had by all, after party involved Just Dance 3 on the Wii, don't snigger. Only the birthday girl woke up this morning with headache and feeling sore despite not really drinking and not partaking in the dance stupidity. Life's not fair is it honey.

Too late - Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... 3497602689 where is that laughing and pointing emoticon when you want it?

Sorted and well and truly sniggered at!

Last edited by oldshanker on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Davie sorted the right emoticon)
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:26 am

I know OS. I really liked that one, have a word with the admins will ya.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:31 am

1GG, found my card from last week and have re-written it to make it legible. I'll scan it it on Monday and mail it to you. Only had 9 today, bloody freezing and forgot my gloves!
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:37 am

Here ya go guys - finally found it! Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... 3497602689
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks Davie. Has anyone told you that you are the best admin we've ever had... Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... 3497602689

Gratuitous use, thank you

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... 3497602689 Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... 3497602689 Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... 3497602689

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:30 am

I'll be playing my first round later today
Del_Boy
Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Looks a bit frosty outside my window this morning but I'm hoping to get R5 in later this morning. Depends if the full course is open or not
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:09 am

4 points after 7 holes.

Nuff said.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 am

What a great day to be out today - for mid December weather that was about as great as it gets

11am tee time, and still some of the greens were rock hard with frost but for December I can live with conditions like that

Trimmed another couple of shots off the eclectic score - got rid of the last two 6s on my card. Now it will REALLY get tough as I can't see any easy improvements now. Birdies or tough pars (for me) is the only way I can improve now.

Not easy out there though with the ground very wet and heavy but 32 pts in those conditions isn't too bad. Just a bit gutted I lost the money in our little friendly game after being 4pts ahead with 3 to play. A scrappy 6 on 7 (we teed off on the 10th) followed by a lost ball on 8 when the low sunshine meant none of the 4 of us saw where it went, and my lead was gone. Good bogey (net par) on the last wasn't quite enough. Can't complain though after such great December conditions.

PM to Grumps with score details
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 am

Davie wrote:What a great day to be out today - for mid December weather that was about as great as it gets

One of the benefits of global warming! We'll find out the others soon enough. sunny
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 am

Mercurio wrote:4 points after 7 holes.

Nuff said.

Now don't go throwing yourself in front of a train Merc...think of all that inconvenience! Laughing
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:46 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:

Nuff said.

Now don't go throwing yourself in front of a train Merc...think of all that inconvenience! Laughing

Is there any need for such insensitivity?

Innocent
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:45 pm

BTW Grumps if you want to send me the leaderboard when you've updated it (or post it here), I'll update it in the lead post too
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 pm

I'm off this week so was hoping to get a couple of rounds in. Problem is, its raining heavily today and the forecast for the rest of the week is for more of the same.
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Davie, I'm about to catch up on some of the admin stuff so thanks for your offer. I'll email you an updated leaderboard shortly. Thanks Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 am

Mercurio wrote:
BlueCoverman wrote:

Nuff said.

Is there any need for such insensitivity?

Innocent

Apologies Merc...just a joke obviously, but on reflection rather a poor one!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:56 am

I don't know BC. I thought yours was timely with just enough bite.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:32 pm

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (19.12.2011)

14 (4) Maverick
-12 (3) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-11 (3) Hend085
-11 (4) Ban_Bam
-9 (6) Hibbz
-9 (5) Davie
-9 (4) OldParwin
-9 (3) JDandfries
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (4) Doc
-8 (4) MustPuttBetter
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-7 (3) JAS
-6 (3) NavyBlueShorts
-6 (3) Raycastleunited
-6 (2) Noshankingtonite
-6 (2) Turnip
-5 (4) Golfermartin
-2 (3) Mercurio

This is starting to get interesting now. The leaderboard is starting to bunch up behind Mav.

Last edited by 1GrumpyGolfer on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor error on rounds played)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks 1GG - I've updated the lead post also
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi Grumps, sorry for the delay but i will email you my card from Sat now.
Not a bad round for me so i might move up a bit Smile

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Hoping to get a round in today as long as the weather stays dry!
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:52 am

Chris - Did you get your game in?

Also braving the conditions are Setup and Raycastle.

Any other takers over the festive season.

Merry Christmas to one and all. santa Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 am

Hoping to get a game tomorrow (Friday) - R6 for me. Getting to the nitty gritty now - will be tough to improve any more
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:07 am

managed to get R6 in today before the rain arrived (it's lashing down now and I'd be surprised if the course is open tomorrow if this continues!)

Nothing to add to my scores though Grumps - a very strange round as I played quite well and equalled a lot of my current best scores to come in with 35 points in very windy and damp (underfoot) conditions

So happy with the game but no improvements to the eclectic. Only two more rounds for me now! Hopefully midweek next week depending on the weather - I'll confirm nearer the time
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:40 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Chris - Did you get your game in?

Been off all week and got 3 rounds in, will try and get the card scanned later. Had 3 bad front nines and 3 good back nines.
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:23 am

Looking to get R7 in on Wednesday. I may not win this comp but I could be the first to complete 8 rounds
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am

R7 complete today. Beautiful conditions for the time of year and the course is still standing up amazingly well. The only thing I noticed today was how SLOW the greens were - even up until just last week they were still playing (relatively for the time of year) quickly but I don't think they've been cut for a few days and all of us struggled to get the ball to the hole. Still running very true for the time of year, just need hitting!

Only knocked one more shot off my eclectic though I scored 37 pts with one NR on the card

One more round for me but I'll have to play well to shave any more shots off. I'll PM 1GG with the details

The one thing I'm having to come to terms with (though its a very nice problem to have!) is that I finally seem to have my slice (with driver and 3 wood) under control! I've been struggling with that almost all my playing life and now I'm hitting it straighter I'm finding it VERY hard to have confidence to aim straighter and not play for the fade/slice! Still have very gentle fade with the driver but only missed one fairway today and almost every shot was down the left! I'm been playing second shots from parts of the course I've never visited before!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Grumpster - need to blow the Christmas cobwebs off. Playing my 3rd eclectic round today. Will email you later on Cross Fingers
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 am

Grumpster - 3rd round (well the 9-holes I managed while freezing my tits off waiting behind 3 successive 4-balls from Hacksville) has been played. Nowt to add; should have stayed in the warmth of my scratcher playing with my **** Twisted Evil
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:33 pm

Will be getting my 4th round in today
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum