Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

+14
drive4show
Noshankingtonite
BlueCoverman
venice1
Del_Boy
oldshanker
Mercurio
Maverick
Doc
ChrisGG
MustPuttBetter
JDandfries
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 Empty Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by Davie Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

And for those of you in the Winter Eclectic competition, a place for you to tell us about your latest eclectic exploits - and for 1GG to come and update us on scores!

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (9.3.2012)

-15 (6) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-14 (7) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-12 (7) Raycastleunited
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-9 (6) turnip
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-3 (7) Nay Bother

Last edited by Davie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 9 times in total
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:13 am

Chris, welcome mate. Check the bottom sticky for the rules and regs of the winter eclectic.

Basically you have 8 rounds to create the best score per hole for your course. It's off 3/4 handicap and runs until March 31st. There is an unofficial rule added that temp greens mean the hole or round is discounted.

All I need from you is a scorecard or details of the course; par and SI for each hole, handicap and SSS for the tees you are going to play against. You can supply these by PM or email. Just PM me and I'll send you my email.

Hope you take up the challenge. Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today...

Post by Mercurio Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 am

Oh, btw, yesterday was my first round after going back up to 14. Do I get a shot back?
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 am

Mercurio wrote:Oh, btw, yesterday was my first round after going back up to 14. Do I get a shot back?

Nice try Merc, I never dropped your shot off so you certainly ain't getting it back! To be honest I didn't think it would make much difference so I didn't mess around with it. If you kept getting cut then I probably would have made an adjustment.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Grump may i announce my intention to play my round 6 this afternoon

Many thank yous

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:57 am

Hi Grumpy

I have last Saturdays card still to send you, and weather permitting will play round 6 tomorrow(Sunday 29/01)

Thanks
PS still having problems with the bloody scanner
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 am

Never nominated my round today...doh!! Having said that, whilst I played well I only had 1 birdie so would only have improved by 1...Big bonus today was finishing with a dry trolley Wink
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:48 am

Hi Grumpy
To cold Sunday, only managed 7 holes.
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:09 am

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (5.2.2012)

-15 (5) SetupDeterminesTheMotion
-14 (5) Maverick
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-13 (5) JDandfries
-11 (6) Doc
-11 (4) Ban_Bam
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-11 (6) Raycastleunited
-10 (7) Davie
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) GolferMartin
-10 (7) JAS
-10 (5) MustPuttBetter
-9 (4) OldParwin
-9 (4) ChrisGG
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (5) Mercurio
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-6 (3) turnip

No change at the top but towards the top the leaderboard is more congested than an actor from a Halls advert

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 am

Good work grumps - I've updated the lead post too
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:28 am

Grump, it occurs to me that i never emailed you the scores from my round 6, the weekend before last
To follow in a mo by PM

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:33 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:Grump, it occurs to me that i never emailed you the scores from my round 6, the weekend before last
To follow in a mo by PM

TBH MPB, I think I had forgotten you were playing in this thing. Razz

Saw your PM, thank you, Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:02 am

Cheek! Sad

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:51 am

MPB - don't worry, it was more about the length of time taken to receive your scores. It's the same thing with OPW but I think he's claiming computer trouble until all the scores are in and he can cook the books!

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:01 am

Dubious practises by OPW?...Is that how he has come to be at the top of the Fantasy League Table? Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:45 am

Hi Grumpy
Have emailed you my scores for game no 5 21st Jan 2012.

Need to get myself a new scanner or better still a new son-in-law, who knows what he is talking about???
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Dubious practises by OPW?...Is that how he has come to be at the top of the Fantasy League Table? Innocent

That is Venice's domain and can't possibly comment. But I can assure there is plenty of skullduggery, buttering up, bribery and the like going on here but none so far from OPW.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:01 am

oldparwin wrote:Hi Grumpy
Have emailed you my scores for game no 5 21st Jan 2012.

Need to get myself a new scanner or better still a new son-in-law, who knows what he is talking about???

Thanks OPW.

New scanner might be easier than a new son-in-law. But you can always hope, right?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 am

BlueCoverman

Do I detect a bit of jealousy over my awesome position at the top.

Mind you it will only take one slip to go crashing down the table lol!
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:27 am

oldparwin wrote:BlueCoverman

Do I detect a bit of jealousy over my awesome position at the top.

Absolutely!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:12 am

There's that slip you were talking about OPW!

Bottom of the table after today's round, is the King's crown starting to wobble? Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 am

Just having a rest "you cant win it in round 1"
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 am

My challenge is over as I couldn't improve my score. I can however say I have a good excuse as I've rebuilt my swing which is showing some signs of improvement. Looking forward to the new season and hoping things click into place now.

I hit some fantastic golf shots yesterday that pleased me, although my driving was wank again as I'm confusing myself on the tee, but from starting the rebuild and hitting a 99, followed by an 89, 85 and 85 for my last 4-rounds is good, especially in these conditions and an 18 handicap. Hoping to get cut this year for a change Cross Fingers
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:43 am

Doc, those are very good scores for an 18 handicapper. Keep up the good work. Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 1927768590
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:52 am

Following Saturday's cancelled Medal, I'm replacing that round with the only other qualifying comp available to me on 31st March.

#skinofteeth
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:32 am

Round 6 for me saturday and Round 7 Sunday
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Course pretty much back to being fully open again after 2 or 3 weeks with snow and frost, so hopnig to get my final round in on Sunday!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 pm

A bit of overnight frost but hopefully we'll still be on full greens today - I'll let you know later what the state was. Looking forward to getting out for the first time in a month though!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:33 am

OK so finally got my last round in. Despite a slight overnight freeze we were off the full tees and onto full greens. After a month of inactivity I felt pretty rusty out there and the conditions weren't ideal but it just felt GREAT to be out there

The comp was 4BBB Stableford off 3/4 handicap and we didn't challenge the leaderboard shooting 37 points between us (winner was 45 points I think) - but I wasn't too disappointed with my own game, scoring something like 31 pts on my own ball.

As for the last eclectic round I finally found the elusive par on the 9th (our 18th as we were drawn off the 10th tee). Our 9th isn't the toughest par on the course as long as you get a decent drive away and after a mixed day off the tee I finally hit my best drive of the day to set up the 4.

An improvement of just one shot for me I think but happy with my score over 8 rounds

PM on the way to 1GG just to confirm the score but a BIG public thanks to him for running this come which has made the winter months so much fun! bounce
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:52 am

Davie, you're welcome mate. Got the day off tomorrow so I'll update the leaderboard as a few others have got some rounds in too.

The real annoying thing is that the winter has been so mild here that I could have easily played through myself. The good news is that the Township (council) have decided to reopen the course and I can get golf with unlimited cart for $1400.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote: I can get golf with unlimited cart for $1400.

Unlimited cart... woooo. Does that come with unlimited hot dogs and dr pepper? Wink

Spring seems to have sprung here in London today. Put me down for round 7 on Sunday please. Thanks Grumpy.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm

I have to take a cart to play each time Ray. Normally they charge $15 for each round.

You got it mate, I'll look out for a PM or email.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Put me down for round 5 on Saturday 1GG (weather dependent of course). Sorry for the inactivity of late, been busy with exams and coursework then forgot my password Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 398825057 Also nearly got myself banned from v2 so not a bad couple of weeks!
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Holy Moses CGG, good to have you back. I think I saw that on the darkside, didn't you get into it about another cricket forum. Tut tut, don't you know you can never mention another forum on the darkside, they're very precious about it.

PM or email when you're done. I should be able to get an update out this weekend.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Alright will do grumps, the proper greens are back out so can't wait to get the first proper round of the year in!
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:07 am

I assume you still double dip Grumpy...but just incase you dont. I am doing round 8 tomorrow and am talking up a Rotella inspired birdie-fest|!!
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:57 am

A bit of a rollercoaster day. Just a bounce match but me and partner were bitchslapped on the front 9 (5 down). I had an occasional dose of the big lefts (not good - especially with what I'm trying to work on swing wise). Knuckled down on the back 9 and managed 3 birdies (10,12 & 18) not sure off the top of my head how many of those (if any) I've previously birdied in the Eclectic.

We managed to get the match back to 2 down and were Dormie 2 down until the solitary big left of the back 9 put me in the thick stuff at 17. My partner decided to balance things out with a big right balloon into thick stuff on the other side. So a 3 &1 loss. So 80 with a few errors, could've been worse but all in all a great day to be out. Just hope the weather stays this way for a couple of weeks. Big week coming up with Royal Porthcawl Tues then Saunton East next Sunday. Dare I say it...winter is over Smile
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:05 am

Decent round today, one better than my handicap Smile unfortunately I don't think I bettered any scores, though I'm not 100%. Will send scores to 1GG either tonight or tomorrow.
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:28 pm

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (25.2.2012)

-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-13 (6) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (5) OldParwin
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (7) GolferMartin
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-11 (6) Raycastleunited
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (7) JAS
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-9 (4) ChrisGG
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-7 (4) turnip
-3 (7) Nay Bother

So a few more have run their race and the leaderboard is starting to bunch quite tightly. Setup is joined at the top by JDandfries. We're about to enter the business part of the competition, time and rounds are running out. Is March going to be known as moving month? Who will go onto take the spoils and bask in the winter eclectic glory?

On another note, kudos to Nay Bother: finally troubling the scorers Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 70282223

Last edited by 1GrumpyGolfer on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nay Bother, troubling the scorers, again!)

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:26 am

Can I get another edit Davie. Nay Bother turning into more bother.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:51 am

Consider it done Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 1927768590
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks Davie. I got some more scores today so I'll post last thing this evening.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 am

No worries - I'll update the lead post when you update (unless too many people get higher than me in which case I'll delete the whole thread) Twisted Evil
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:57 pm

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (26.2.2012)

-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-13 (6) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-11 (6) Raycastleunited
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-7 (4) turnip
-3 (7) Nay Bother

So even more have run their race and the leaderboard is starting to bunch quite tightly. Setup is joined at the top by JDandfries. We're about to enter the business part of the competition, time and rounds are running out. Is March going to be known as moving month? Who will go onto take the spoils and bask in the winter eclectic glory?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi Grumps,

Please can i nominate my round number 7 to take place tomorrow

Thanks

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 pm

I reviewed my position the other day. I have two birdies, two bogeys and the rest pars to give me a gross par eclectic after 6 rounds.

One of the holes I'm still to par is a 325 yard par 4 (S.I. 12) Rolling Eyes

The other is an uphill 553 yards Par 5 (S.I. 3), which is a bit less embarrassing but I would still expect to have parred it at least once in 6 attempts.

Stattotastic: https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/nnp9xy.jpg
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:45 am

Looks like JD is trying hard to retain his title!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:40 am

Round 8 for me this saturday
JDandfries
JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:Hi Grumps,

Please can i nominate my round number 7 to take place tomorrow

Thanks

Did you play MPB? Just looking for the details so I can post an updated leaderboard. Thanks Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:10 am

CURRENT LEADERBOARD (9.3.2012)

-15 (7) JDandfries
-14 (5) Maverick
-14 (7) Ban_Bam
-13 (6) Noshankingtonite
-12 (F) Doc
-12 (F) GolferMartin
-12 (F) JAS
-12 (5) OldParwin
-12 (7) Raycastleunited
-11 (F) Davie
-11 (4) Hend085
-11 (F) Hibbz
-10 (5) NavyBlueShorts
-10 (6) Mercurio
-10 (6) MustPuttBetter
-10 (5) ChrisGG
-9 (6) turnip
-8 (5) Drive4Show
-8 (3) Eyetoldyouso
-7 (3) theshanker
-3 (7) Nay Bother

Rounds are fast running out and the clock is ticking. Who will pull away from the pack and post a super low number Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 70282223 and who will pretend they don't really play winter golf Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 3497602689 Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 1562444022 Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 1505004552 Tell us about your 'Eclectic' game today... - Page 3 3701139441

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Early heads up Grumps - I will play my final round this sunday. It's going to have to be a hell of a round to move up the leaderboard... need to conjure up 4 birdies, and I already have birdies on some of the easy holes. Will need to adopt the Bubba Watson gung ho approach so despised by super realist. Cross Fingers
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next