Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish independence

+6
super_realist
gaelgowfer
Doon the Water
LondonJonnyO
Doc
Mercurio
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scottish independence - Page 2 Empty Scottish independence

Post by Mercurio Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Who will be voting for what?
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Scottish independence - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish independence

Post by super_realist Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:11 pm

I hope Salmond gets crushed by the new Edinburgh tram if it ever gets going, although given his gargantuan size these days he'll probably come off better. There's every chance his lard packed heart will give in by 2014 (hopefully) so he can't do anymore damage.

Here's a question, and perhaps one for the referendum. If Salmond gets his deluded way, will you leave Scotland? I'm pretty sure I will as I can't see the country being economically viable.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:40 pm

super_realist wrote:I hope Salmond gets crushed by the new Edinburgh tram if it ever gets going, although given his gargantuan size these days he'll probably come off better. There's every chance his lard packed heart will give in by 2014 (hopefully) so he can't do anymore damage.

Here's a question, and perhaps one for the referendum. If Salmond gets his deluded way, will you leave Scotland? I'm pretty sure I will as I can't see the country being economically viable.

Why wait? Their loss is our gain! Twisted Evil

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:55 am

The English don't really take to a 'dour scot' SR so you may have to move to Wales. You would probably feel more at home there, especially in the north west.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 am

Even I wouldnt wish that on Super. Anyway the English should be fighting for a referendum to make Wales independent.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 am

Who says the Scots are a dour nation! Wink

Had to laugh at some of the comments posted underneath though - talk about killjoys!
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 pm

There seems to be every likelihood that decent amounts of oil will be found off the Falklands Islands. Think we're gonna leave now? I don't think so! tongue

Hope it comes off if for no other reason than it will reduce greatly defence costs of the islands.

Last edited by gaelgowfer on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:58 am

Even if the current oil reserves could offer financial viability for an independent Scotland, what happens when it runs out? We're only talking 50 years or so at best, then what?

And the vast majority of stereotypical Essex is inside the M25! Go more than 10 miles north of the Thames and there's no orange people!

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Goodness me, I didn't know there were freemasons living in Essex.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:17 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:There seems to be every likelihood that decent amounts of oil will be found off the Falklands Islands. Think we're gonna leave now? I don't think so! tongue

Hope it comes off if for no other reason than it will reduce greatly defence costs of the islands.

The interesting thing about the Falklands is that Argentina have no claim whatsoever, none.
They've never "owned" it in their short history and they ripped up all agreements to share fishing/mineral resources a long time ago.

It's also further away from Argentina (300miles +) than The Faroes are from the UK. So should we be fighting Denmark for them to be part of the UK?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 am

I always thought that Salmons great plan after independance was to put 60 mile exclusion zones round The Faroes, Rockall, Mallin, St Kilda, Farne Isles and The Isle of Man. [should that not be The Isle of Persons now.]
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2