Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars and Clubs

+12
Maverick
gaelgowfer
oldshanker
raycastleunited
diggers
Davie
BlueCoverman
1GrumpyGolfer
drive4show
super_realist
LondonJonnyO
Doc
16 posters

Go down

Cars and Clubs Empty Cars and Clubs

Post by Doc Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:14 am

Why is it so quiet on here of late?

Not been onto the darkside for a while, but heard that Mac is still a bit of a prick. It got me thinking about his green credentials and his pcism. When you can't put a face to people on here, you get a picture of what they look like etc, and what clubs they use and what car they drive etc. For some reason i got the feeling that Mac wouldn't have a car and would carry his pencil bag of dunlops onto a bio fuel bus, to take him to his club. Either that or use his invisibility cloak and get on his prebuscent girls broomstick Shocked
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Cars and Clubs Empty Re: Cars and Clubs

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:19 am

I think mainly as it's the offseason for most of us.

FYI... I consider myself a polluting son of a bitch with fewer green credentials than a government minister who uses a courtesy car to go to the toilet which is ensuite to his office.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:29 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:I think mainly as it's the offseason for most of us.

FYI... I consider myself a polluting son of a bitch with fewer green credentials than a government minister who uses a courtesy car to go to the toilet which is ensuite to his office.

I'm with you there LJ, and think Jeremy Clarkson should stand for parliament Smile
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:58 am

My current car has two exhaust pipes so I can double the amount of carbon monoxide I pump into the atmosphere in order to maximise third world poverty and deaths as a result of climate change.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:04 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:My current car has two exhaust pipes so I can double the amount of carbon monoxide I pump into the atmosphere in order to maximise third world poverty and deaths as a result of climate change.

Sorry mate but thats pussy, mine has 4 so Mac will go apoplectic
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:07 am

4 sounds like one of those american super polluters. I used to have something like that. 6 litre v8... oh how it got through the hydrocarbons whilst making innocent passersby die from the fumes I could emit with just a touch of the pedals!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:09 am

I can imagine if Mac had a car it would be a Tin Snail 2CV, it gives the impression of being green and caring, but much like Mac, expunges much more noxious fumes than you'd think.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:11 am

Mac has a bicycle with a basket on the front.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 am

Probably with stabilisers too

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:16 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:My current car has two exhaust pipes so I can double the amount of carbon monoxide I pump into the atmosphere in order to maximise third world poverty and deaths as a result of climate change.

No truth in the rumour then LJ that the second exhaust pipe is to expel all the hot air accumulated in the interior? Wink Cars and Clubs 3497602689
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 am

pink ribbons?
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:19 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:4 sounds like one of those american super polluters. I used to have something like that. 6 litre v8... oh how it got through the hydrocarbons whilst making innocent passersby die from the fumes I could emit with just a touch of the pedals!

Just a 5-litre Supercharged V8, that sounds like god having a climax Evil or Very Mad

I love to have the windows down and see the soot and polutants drifting on the breeze, especially near to schools and the Lib Dem surgery. I really like the feeling of power I get because I pay more road tax than all the cars combined in my street, and If I have to pay so much, well they can bloody listen to it .... tongue
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:21 am

I saw an Aston Martin Rapide last year in Austria, the road tax was £1050 quid. Probably more than Mac earns in a year.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:23 am

I had to renew the road tax on my Vespa this month...16 quid, outrageous.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:37 am

diggers wrote:I had to renew the road tax on my Vespa this month...16 quid, outrageous.

Shocked Trying to picture this, but its not pretty, especially if your clubs are over your shoulder Diggs. Must be fun in the wind
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:37 am

Road tax. What a joke. I think that pedestrians should pay pavement tax... and bicyclists just made into targets for people with sufficiently solid bullbars
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:01 am

Cyclists and caravaners should be deported for clogging up our road network, and the idiots at council offices who came up with idea of speed humps or traffic calming measures, have no idea of what its like trying to get my car down these streets, without ripping the exhausts off. Its bad enough having to lean on the horn to clear the streets of kids in the road going to school. Schools should be on proper roads, not on rat runs.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:04 am

Chelsea tractor drving mothers on the school run should also be treated as vermin and killed on sight.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:Chelsea tractor drving mothers on the school run should also be treated as vermin and killed on sight.

Where I live it's worse on a Saturday... wannabe WAGS popping to the shops in their customised pink chelsea tractors even though its only 5 mins away. I even saw a muppet in a hummer last weekend.

I've noticed its only the Range Rovers and Porsche Cayennes that get the full tinted windows / pink wraps / alloys and presonalised badges treatment. The Q7's and X5's seem to be pretty normal.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 am

Doc wrote:
diggers wrote:I had to renew the road tax on my Vespa this month...16 quid, outrageous.

Shocked Trying to picture this, but its not pretty, especially if your clubs are over your shoulder Diggs. Must be fun in the wind

Nah, that's easy Doc. Doing a big shop with the pregnant wife and the toddler can be a tad tricky though.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:40 am

raycastleunited wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:Chelsea tractor drving mothers on the school run should also be treated as vermin and killed on sight.

Where I live it's worse on a Saturday... wannabe WAGS popping to the shops in their customised pink chelsea tractors even though its only 5 mins away. I even saw a muppet in a hummer last weekend.

I've noticed its only the Range Rovers and Porsche Cayennes that get the full tinted windows / pink wraps / alloys and presonalised badges treatment. The Q7's and X5's seem to be pretty normal.

They're all the work of the Devil - unless you use them to take your pigs to the slaughterhouse........chunter, chunter.......I ask you 4x4's in the middle of town. Shoot 'em all like LJ says.

Doc - you will be pleased to know the owner of the virtual golf we went to, recognised the sound of your car for what it was, as he wants one as well. For now, he will have to make do with his scooby doo!

What was the original question of this thread? Blimey my memory is pathetic now!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:51 am

Does that include their children as well?

Fashion aside, perhaps they drive them because they offer better protection for said children?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:17 am

My Q7 polutes the environment nicely and if I'm in the mood once I've driven that home I'll go back out to add some more fumes with with my R1 of TL1000S. Can just imagine me on one of my bikes over taking mac on his penny farthing, with his leather pencil bag on his shoulder and anorak to keep him warm.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 am

I feel very inferior.......I've only got 6 cyclinders, 3 litres and 2 exhaust pipes

Rolling Eyes

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:31 pm

They stopped making my particular model of car because it no longer met EU emissions targets Wink
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:14 am

Managed to sail a 6 iron into the car park at my club yesterday. Heard an almighty fud. Smashed it straight into the passenger door of my motor!! Deepest joy. Oh, and I was only a couple over gross to that point. Not the best finish to the round then!

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 am

Not the best finish on your paint job either Matelot. Shocked

Used to be a big polluter with a T4 volvo, but changed to a diesel focus that I only clean once a year. This has the advantage of gathering up and retaining all the loose hydrocarbons and free radicals that you messy lot spew out of the back end of your cars. Then when I do pressure wash them all off, they go straight down the drain, where they cannot possibly harm any thing. Innocent

Say thank you!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:21 am

On the subject of cars.

I have never understood why someone would buy a car that does 180mph when the legal limit is 70mph. Are they just plain stoopid or am I missing something.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:40 am

Doc wrote:

Just a 5-litre Supercharged V8, that sounds like god having a climax Evil or Very Mad

I love to have the windows down and see the soot and polutants drifting on the breeze, especially near to schools and the Lib Dem surgery. I really like the feeling of power I get because I pay more road tax than all the cars combined in my street, and If I have to pay so much, well they can bloody listen to it .... tongue

I'll see your 5 litre supercharged V8, Doc, and raise you half a litre.

What do you drive? It almost sounds like it could possess the letters 'AMG'. If so, you have very fine taste Wink

As does anyone who drives a SMART Car Innocent
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:45 am

Doon the Water wrote:On the subject of cars.

I have never understood why someone would buy a car that does 180mph when the legal limit is 70mph. Are they just plain stoopid or am I missing something.

I once checked that the limiter was working on my car whilst heading north on the M23.

It was, although I went 3 mph quicker than the supposed limit.

My feeling was one of sadness and relief.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:02 am

Doon the Water wrote:On the subject of cars.

I think it's to make up for being poorly endowed Doon.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:03 am

Ford Fiesta Zetec ...

...with spoiler. Cool

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:59 am

gael

I bet you have go faster stripes on your driver and woods as well Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:30 am

drive4show wrote:gael

Now there's an idea D4S. On my driver I only average just over 100mph clubhead speed, which is a bit borderline for a stiff shaft as far as I am aware.

A natty little go-faster stripe might be just the extra impetus I need. Thank you. While I'm at it, maybe I'll polish the head (easy Tiger Wink ) with that slippery polish stuff that helps airspeed.

Yep - that's a plan. sunny
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:50 am

I had a tweet from Mac this evening asking how we were getting on here and hoping we were enjoying the golf.

I told him he was still welcome over here and he apparently took a look at the site and saw this thread first!

He asked me to tell you all that he often goes to the golf club on the bus (yes, for real)

I gave him the option to come and defend himself but it seems he's happy sucking up to the Hobonator. I'm sure he's awaiting adminhood any time now (though he denied wanting it - unless I had something to offer him!)
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

I often used to go to play golf on the bus when I was in my early twenties, me and my mate were living in London and would trek out to Croydon. Plenty of people who live in big cities dont have cars either because they dont need them, cant afford them or cant park them.
For what its worth, not that it should matter to anyone on here really but it seems to, I cant remember the last time Hobo made a comment on the other golf board, its all fine over there with Navy and Bam Bam acting as mods but not really having to do much very often. Maybe because much like on here the board has been fairly quiet over the past few weeks but also because I dont think anyone on there has any issues with the way its being ran.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 am

diggers wrote:For what its worth, not that it should matter to anyone on here really but it seems to....

Doesn't really matter to me. Mac contacted the golfchat twitter account and also me personal one. I didn't initiate contact. Seems it matters more to Mac than to us
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:52 am

Fair enough, just seems the site gets an awful lot of mentions and for a guy who doesnt post on here Mac probably gets referred to more than anyone who actually does which seems odd to me but thats just my opinion.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Mac loves it Diggers,
I've tried to cajole him to come over, but it seems he thinks its too infantile for him over here, that he's due an apology for some reason and also that he has an unflinching loyalty to the other site.
All a bit strange. Despite him having been born 50 years too late, and not in Cuba as he'd prefer I'm sure that he'd be very welcome over here.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:08 am

drive4show wrote:gael

Funnily enough ... Wink

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 am

Re Mac ...
He asked me to tell you all that he often goes to the golf club on the bus ...

To be honest, you'd be pretty stupid not to use the bus to make your way around Edinburgh given the state of the transport system just now ... specifically, trams or the lack thereof!

Although the annual bus ticket is pretty pricey, there are no limits to the number of times you can travel on it so it comes in pretty handy for your leisure activities as well as work.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:57 am

I am so into cars that my missus has to remind me of the make and number plate of the one I drive.

Turn the key and it goes is all that I worry about.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 am

Is that tram fiasco still rumbling on in Einburgh? I've not been up there for about 3 years and there was roadworks everywhere whilst they were laying the tracks. Traffic in/around the city centre was chaos!

Evil or Very Mad

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:28 am

Yes it is still running and yes it is still a fiasco.
They are stopping at Haymarket now and not going down to Leith.
I think £600m over budget......and before the English guys start jumping aboot, it was the City Council's project. The Scottish Government bailed them out for about £55m so they could continue.
Doon the Water
Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down