Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour Weekly - Sony Open

4 posters

Go down

PGA Tour Weekly - Sony Open Empty PGA Tour Weekly - Sony Open

Post by Maverick Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 am

I’m no Kwini and I don’t have the insights to the PGA Tour that I do the ET. Nor do I have Kwinis slick writing style but it feels somewhat wrong to cut and paste his articles here without his permission. So all I can offer is an insight into what PGATour.com gives us but hopefully this can be of use to us to discus US events starting with this weeks Sony Open.

Waialae CC • Honolulu, Hawaii is the scene for the Sony open. Set in picturesque landscapes that only Hawaii can give. The splendor is in the course and its surrounds so even if the golf is less than stellar the scenery should give enough to keep us watching.

The story of the week will no doubt be that of PGA TOUR rookie Billy Hurley III who plays his 1st PGATour event at Waialae on Thursday – just miles from where he the former Navy lieutenant lived aboard the USS Chung-Hoon.

Not exactly a stellar cast of performers out for this weeks events the headliners being Stricker, Simpson, Choi, Toms and Zac Johnson.

No doubt most peoples smart money will go on Stricker and Simpson again, but the ones to watch week could well be the rookies and those seeking a first time victory, if I were a betting man….. Oh wait I am a betting man I’d be looking at the odds for the likes of Budd Cauley who earned his card last season after forgoing the chance to play in the Walker cup by turning pro taking his invites and trying to earn his tour card which he did in just 5 starts.

Others to look for in my opinion are Chris Kirk, Kevin Na or the still yet to achieve heights of his promise Charlie Howell III.

Heres to a good week and I promise to be more insightful of the PGA tour as the weeks progress.

Last edited by Maverick on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour Weekly - Sony Open Empty Re: PGA Tour Weekly - Sony Open

Post by Davie Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:51 am

What is it with all the players with two surnames on the PGA tour?? I could never warm to a player with a surname as a first name...

Spencer Levin
Johnson Wagner
Webb Simpson
Harris English
Keegan Bradley
Cameron Beckman
Cameron Tringale
Blake Adams
Hunter Haas
Harrison Frazar
Heath Slocum
Parker McLachlin

Throw in a few borderline ones (yes I know Lee Westwood could qualify as borderline) - The Scotts, Kyles, Ryans, Colts etc ... why can't these folks have proper names!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:07 am

One of the many new viruses that have rooted themselves in this country. The latest batch of politicians apparently have the same disease.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:00 am

I know what you mean how is it normal to have a name like that..

Shame its on so late at night the Sky+ is in action tonight.
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:10 am

I see Russell Knox failed to make the cut by one shot.

For those not familiar with this player, he's the scot (from Inverness) who took a chance and, instead of spending another season on the Hooters tour, tried out for the Nationwide Monday qualifiers. Not only did he earn his card onto the big boys' tour but he did it in style by winning one of the Nationwide events.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:21 am

I see Bud Cauley is carrying on where he left off last year where he won over 700k in his hanful of invites to earn his card. Serious player for the future and one i've backed
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down