Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 open competitions

3 posters

Go down

2012 open competitions Empty 2012 open competitions

Post by drive4show Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 am

It's that time of year again, time to scan through a few websites and see which opens I will be entering next year. Definites are both Saunton events (Easter and August), Bournemouth in June and St Enodoc in Sept. I would like to play a few others this year further afield that I've not played before, maybe have a look at some of the links courses around Southport.

I'm always happy to travel so if anyone knows any good ones that they are planning to enter then give me a shout and I'll try to come along.

Anyone else made any plans yet?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

2012 open competitions Empty Re: 2012 open competitions

Post by JAS Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 am

Both Saunton's and the Tassie for me are definite, Much as I loved Dornoch last year it's a helluva trek logistically. Could be up for the Bournemouth and possibly one of the South Ayrshire open weeks depending on the club diaries. Might repeat Broadway as well

I'll also be looking at a few 4bbb or team events (where I can enjoy goods links courses at a decent price without a dreaded .1 looming at the end). Hillside falls into that category although the time it took to go round last year kind of put me off that one a we bit.

Oh and then there's the wee 4bbb effort that I done last weekend, which will be repeated again.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:53 am

Not sure about Englandshire, but the SGU website shows them, saves you trawling through club websites. Got a few planned already. In fact I have one to defend aswell.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:04 am

super

pray tell more, you kept that one quiet! I did have a little look through the SGU site the other day, hoping to find a couple of decent 36holers back to back at fairly adjacent courses to make the long drive north worthwhile. Nothing of interest on the website yet but it is early days yet.

JAS, I won't be playing in the Tassie again next year, really missed not playing St Enodoc this year but will def do the Tassie again soon.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:14 am

D4s, I won the scratch at newtonmore last year. Lovely course. Not long but a real course management players course.
Will be playing 36 holers at ladybank, blairgowrie, alyth, forfar, newtonmore and perhaps gullane too.
A few 18 holers too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum