Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Changed Your Thinking With The Weather?

4 posters

Go down

Have You Changed Your Thinking With The Weather? Empty Have You Changed Your Thinking With The Weather?

Post by Doc Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Over the last couple of years I've gotten used to hitting my ball out of the gloop, plugging on the fairways, bunkers washed out etc. So the last couple of weeks have been great, and just like having an extended golf trip into Spain or the Algarve. However yardages are out of the window due to some brilliant run and bounce, also firm greens making it tough to bite and stop, balsl flying high and long .....

The only think I've changed is that I'm swinging easier and maybe choking down a bit on the grip. Have you changed anything or are you just loving it as it is?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Have You Changed Your Thinking With The Weather? Empty Re: Have You Changed Your Thinking With The Weather?

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 pm

I'll take account of the bigger bounces and roll and will club down and maybe hit for fairway woods off the tee that will be around the driver range.

I remember a couple of years ago a downhill par five, with forced carry in the middle, was playing so short I was hitting 7 wood off the tee which was running out to the usual driver or 4 wood distance. On the second time I played it with the 7 wood I ended up so far back as they had overwatered the fairway; made it a damn long second shot to carry but luckily my trusty 7 wood came to the rescue.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Have You Changed Your Thinking With The Weather? Empty Re: Have You Changed Your Thinking With The Weather?

Post by Doc Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:16 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:I'll take account of the bigger bounces and roll and will club down and maybe hit for fairway woods off the tee that will be around the driver range.  

I remember a couple of years ago a downhill par five, with forced carry in the middle, was playing so short I was hitting 7 wood off the tee which was running out to the usual driver or 4 wood distance.  On the second time I played it with the 7 wood I ended up so far back as they had overwatered the fairway; made it a damn long second shot to carry but luckily my trusty 7 wood came to the rescue.

Grumps, I now know how it feels to hit par 5 greens in 2, which is making it a different game for me. This is only going to make things worse for us average hitters when playing against the big boys when its soft and gloopy again. Cross Fingers
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:16 am

I don't generally like it when courses are hard and dry. If the greens are well watered it's not so bad, but if they're dry and hard it takes a lot of the skill out of the game.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:51 am

On the same hole one part of the fairway and rough becomes so hard that any ball landing there will go out of bounds. This is usually the landing zone for the forced carry and many good shots are penalised; used to pee me off big time when it happened.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshanking Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:50 am

Seems to have made our course easier... shot a nett 65 and didn't even get in the top 10 in the medal.... and CSSS of 64 meant no cut either Shocked 
Noshanking
Noshanking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down