Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit Of help needed

+4
LondonJonnyO
Jethro
Mary_S
Doc
8 posters

Go down

A bit Of help needed Empty A bit Of help needed

Post by Doc Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:22 am

Some of you may remember a post I did a couple of months ago, regarding the owner of our club cancelling membership. His idea which didn't stack up, was to make it pay and play. Obviously a deranged businessman or a corrupt shyster. Well this weekend the bastard has told us he's closing the course completely. This course is one of the best in the North of England, but he's trying to flog it (99-year covenant on it) to build 900 houses and make it the biggest council estate in Cheshire. What a bandit. The bloke who built the course loved it and refused to sell it. He dies a couple of years ago and this twat jumped in just over a year ago.

Please have a look at the link, and there's a link in to 'petition buzz' where you can vote against it.

http://wychwoodvillage.wordpress.com/

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/stopgortsyhilldeve

Thanks all if you took time out for this, and please feel free to post the links elsewhere. Sad
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

A bit Of help needed Empty Re: A bit Of help needed

Post by Mary_S Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:03 am

Done as requested, Doc.

Best of luck with this - a dastardly tale indeed. A bit Of help needed 398825057
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:05 am

I have signed as well Doc. Given your previous emails though I can't say that I am surprised.

A bit Of help needed 2975105902

J

Jethro

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:14 pm

What an absolute joke this is. From tomorrow the course is closed, and the track and greens will become unplayable within a short time. We will see dog walkers using the course as a new place to play, crap and dig up. Tumble weed city springs to mind. The tosser will sell everything from flags, pennants, trophy's, yardage markers, sand boxes, tee markers ..... it's criminal ffs. This course is fantastic and well loved by everyone who's taken the challenge on. The best greens by far anywhere within 40-miles. Yet this bloke is allowed to say piss off, I don't care as it's my toy, and because you don't want me to build houses on it, I'm not letting you play golf on it, even though I may lose your money and custom. he just wants to prove to the council that the course is now an eye sore and let him develop it.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 am

signed it... but not sure what an objection from someone who lives so far away from the area will mean.

I have however put in a note that describes my objection on the basis that development of this sort should be performed in areas of high urban density close to similar developments and in locations where jobs might exist for the typical profile of those who live in such estates.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:04 am

Ah , see the owner is called Tony Hunt, rhymes with you know what, and sounds like he truly is . Sorry to hear your bad new Doc.

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Last night there were 4 articulated low loaders, which had tractors, mowers and every other bit of machinery that we had, ready to be sold off. The greens look fuzzy already and the fairways even in these low temps, are growing. It's been a gut wrenching few days watching this happen, and the windows being boarded up on the club house.

Actually joined Wychwood Park yesterday, as its just over the road so I'm now a De Vere member. We'll see how that goes as i just did the 100 points thing for now.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Very sad Doc - hope things work out for you at Wychwood (as I think I've mentioned before I've stayed there but never played the course). Tend to find the DeVere places a little soulless though
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Davie wrote:Very sad Doc - hope things work out for you at Wychwood (as I think I've mentioned before I've stayed there but never played the course). Tend to find the DeVere places a little soulless though

Fully agree with that Davie, not my sort of place, but it's just over the road from where I live, so will use my points on an evening after work. Still can't decide where to use as my home club for handicap purposes. I play most weekends at malton in Yorkshire so will struggle to get a lot of QC's done at Wychwood Park, but either way I'll be the new boy at both clubs when playing medals as I don't know anyone really.

That bastard has made sure that nobody goes onto the course at Gorsty as he's had the greens covered in fertiliser and all the greens and fairways are cack-brown coloured. Looks like he's wanting it to be overgrown in quick time.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Massive protests taking place now, as literally hundreds turned out for a meeting. The meeting was attended by the local council, who actually stated on record that this plan would be refused without a shadow of doubt. so unless he can see a legal loophole that he can slime his way through, he's just cost himself thousands in putting the plans together, which includes legals, architects etc, etc, and of course all the lost revenue from the golf club..
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 am

Doc, sorry to hear of your woes. Good luck to you at your new (temporary?) home over the road. Glad to hear that he's getting his comeuppance.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:22 am

Yes best of luck at your new club Doc.

Amazing to think that anybody would close a golf club and lose that revenue without being certain that planning permission would definitely be granted first. Why would you do that, nobody would be that stupid surely? He must have taken professional advice along the way before closing the course?

BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down