Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Weather

+9
1GrumpyGolfer
LadyPutt
smithersjones
Davie
Mary_S
BlueCoverman
LondonJonnyO
scarpa
Doc
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UK Weather - Page 2 Empty UK Weather

Post by Doc Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Having struggled to get any meaninful golf in since October, and even before that we had a real bad summer, and now we're into spring and still seeing courses closed. I was wondering if this lack of golf, or decent conditions will hold back the UK based new pro's and amateurs who may be representing us in internationals etc. Good players need to play and practice to try and improve, but if they are only hitting balls on the range, or trying to practice in gloop, they will have to go abroad to get any meaningful practice in. 2011 was a very bad winter, followed by no summer in 2012 so soggy conditions for many throughout the year, most courses closed in any year on record, followed by another bad winter in 2012/13.

Are we at a disadvantage for players trying to progress through into the lesser pro comp's. Have decent am's been held back, or are you not where you thought you would be, in your own game?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

UK Weather - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Weather

Post by oldshanker Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 am

You been peeking at my daydreams again NST?

Love a bit of tweed I do - it has a very distinctive smell when wet! Innocent
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2