Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubai Classic Flat?

3 posters

Go down

Dubai Classic Flat? Empty Dubai Classic Flat?

Post by Matelot golfer Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Greetings all. Just returned from my 2 weeks golfing in Mauritius ( I know, sorry, did not mean to rub it in and will finish my report that I started on that in the friggin weather topic soon) to turn on the telly to watch the golf.
This morning I got up to watch what I always consider a highlight of the European Tour and there's no crowd, no atmosphere and even the commentators seem a little flat . Where's all the stars, this used to be well supported? As one of the usually top events is this a bad sign of things ahead for the European tour, a blip, or have I just missed something by not seeing much of the desert swing? I was aware that HSBC Abu Dhabi was well supported given Tiger and Rory's appearance.

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Dubai Classic Flat? Empty Re: Dubai Classic Flat?

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Sunday is a working day in Dubai so this probably affects the crowds and atmosphere. I think it was the Qatar Open that was moved up a day to help overcome this.

Considering there have been two 62s this week the final day scoring seems a little high; the low round was 67. Maybe the course was set up tougher today and that stopped players from making a charge; the last 4 on the course were only -6 between them but I don't think that tells the whole story.

Hope you had a great time MG, I've got snow on the ground again here so getting miffed about not playing.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Agree with you MG - it did seem very flat with little atmosphere. Thank goodness for Sky+ as having recorded it, I was able to wizz through the adverts and the other boring bits, mostly Stephen Gallacher who seemed to take an age over every shot. Finished watching at 2.55pm just in time for the 3pm rugby kick off!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down