Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies British Masters

4 posters

Go down

Ladies British Masters Empty Ladies British Masters

Post by raycastleunited Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:25 am

A bit late this thread... as the tournament finished over a week ago, but did anyone follow this tournament, or does anyone follow ladies' golf?

This year the event was held at the Buckinghamshire, which isn't too far from me so I went along to the final day and took my 7 year old daughter. I had a great time and my girl loved it. Obviously helped that it was a beautiful sunny day, but I enjoyed watching the women play, there were some terrific looking swings on display, and very few of the players looked like Laura Davies.

Think I paid a tenner to get in, and it was free for my daughter, which was great value, considering we both got free 15 minute golf lessons as well. The crowds were fairly light so we could get really close to the action and stand behind putts etc.

Another bonus of being close to the action was that several players threw their balls to my daughter as the walked off greens. Got a nice little collection of brand new Pro v1's etc which is another reason I won't have to buy golf balls for a while (take note Blue!). Special mention must go to Melissa Reid Ladies British Masters 1927768590 , who did a great job signing balls, caps, etc for all the kids after her round, while her playing partner Carly Booth blanked everyone and was straight off to the recorder's hut.

The women were playing mainly off the yellow tees, which I thought seemed a bit short given the distance they hit it. Some beautiful ball striking to match the elegant swings, but I have to say the standard of chipping and putting was well below what I expected. I didn't expect them to crush 300 yard drives like the men, but as professionals their putting should be every bit as good as the men. Having said that, it was an enjoyable day out, a very close finish, and I will definitely keep an eye out for next year's event.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Ladies British Masters Empty Re: Ladies British Masters

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:02 pm

The lengths some people will go to just for a few new Pro v1's! Ladies British Masters 3461234324

What are you trying to say Ray, that women are not as good drivers as men? Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 am

I think LP is in Scotland lucky for you Ray. Smile So talk me through the ones who were not Laura's twins, suppose you got exactly what what you went for, and hope the wife doesn't realise the reason you wanted to borrow your daughter for the day Wink Innocent
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 am

I've been to one event - the Ladies English Open at The Oxfordshire. I think this was around 4 years ago, the tournament is now defunct due to lack of sponsorship.

Coincidentally, I met Melissa Reid in the toilets - she was very polite when I asked if she could move aside so that I could wash my hands. I didn't realise who she was until I saw her on the course. Embarassed

I follow Heather MacRae, who is attached to Gleneagles, and plays in the Scottish PGA events, and is looking to qualify for the British Women's Open.

Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down