Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre Masters Routine

4 posters

Go down

Pre Masters Routine Empty Pre Masters Routine

Post by Doc Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:50 pm

So next weeks one of the highlights of the golfing callender, and it's obvious that most players are spending this week honing their game ready for the event. Hardly anyone of note is plying their trade this week, besides Westwood and a few more, but Lee always has a slightly different pre Masters routine.

Team Chubby have already moved into their usual base near to Augusta, and will have a spare room this year due to Rory leaving the fold. Wonder if Chubster will take young Ulehiem for the experience of being around some top players. So you have earned the right to play the National course, would you get yourself into the Atlanta area and acclimatise on some of their fantastic courses. Would you stay in Europe until after the weekend. What would you do and what do reckon most of the players are doing this week?

We have an idea what Tigers doing, but should he pack a red shirt?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Pre Masters Routine Empty Re: Pre Masters Routine

Post by super_realist Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:23 pm

For the good of the coverage and to avoid being sick in my mouth at the intolerable fawning I'm hoping he misses the cut.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:25 am

super_realist wrote:For the good of the coverage and to avoid being sick in my mouth at the intolerable fawning I'm hoping he misses the cut.

For the good of the coverage I'm hoping he's in contention. We'll still see as much of him regardless, even if he misses the cut they'll spend the weekend analysing why so at least if he's up there we'll be seeing relevant coverage.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:35 am

Nothing worse than Tiger missing the cut and then over the weekend everytime somebody makes a hash of an approach we get to see how Tiger played the hole Crying or Very sad
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:23 am

I would give you the same odds on Tiger missing the cut as winning it. I think each are as likely!

As for routine, i think i would play as little as possible for the few days before. I'd just try and fit in loads of short game practice. There will be some nervous energy you would think and the last thing you want is to turn up knackered!

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 am

I think you have to approach it exactly the same as you would any other tournament. Simply because it's the Masters shouldn't make any difference. If you start putting extra significance on something it increases the pressure you put on yourself and reduces the chances you have of playing well.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 am

Would you not tailor your preparation slightly differently for every tournament though?

Some courses you know might be long or narrow so you work on your driving, some shorter so you work on your long irons and short game or whatever. Surely you wouldn't focus your prep for each course in exactly the same way?

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down