Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First round of the year tomorrow....

5 posters

Go down

First round of the year tomorrow.... Empty First round of the year tomorrow....

Post by diggers Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:18 pm

...in July !!! Schocking, bloody kids, what a pain in the butt they are. Still nice place to break my duck, going up to Rockcliffe Hall in the north east which Ive played before and is a brilliant course and club. And beers on the evening, result.
Could be an interesting round on a tough track though, think it must be at least 9 months since I even picked up a club, not even been able to take any of the lessons that I had bought for my birthday back in April. Im going to adopt the zen approach of low expectations and attempt to be serene when I hit a bad shot, which im sure there will be plenty of !

diggers

Back to top Go down

First round of the year tomorrow.... Empty Re: First round of the year tomorrow....

Post by Doc Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Good luck with that. Mind you I've been known to not play for a couple of weeks and have a blinder, then rock up the next day feeling confident and stink the place up.

I'm in a mixed open this weekend at Vale Royal Abbey, which is a fantastic club and the course is superb. Was hoping to get out this week and get some practice in, but weather crap, course closed twice, and plenty of standing water everywhere. So we may do well, but if we don't it'll be my fault no doubt
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

First round of the year tomorrow.... Empty Re: First round of the year tomorrow....

Post by Davie Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Good luck Digs! Make sure you tell us all about it!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Sounds like you have the right idea Digs. Just turn up and hope you make contact with the ball. Should have a great time, I hope you hit some nice ones out there.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 am

first round?! And I thought I'd been away from the game this year!

hope it all hangs together!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down