Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year!

5 posters

Go down

Happy New Year! Empty Happy New Year!

Post by Mary_S Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Today is the day we emerge from underneath our duvets, and get back to our normal daily routines. I hope that everybody had an enjoyable Christmas break, and wish you all good things for 2015. Flower

Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year! Empty Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Davie Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Happy New Year Mary - and all! Back to "normality" now!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:23 am

Happy New Year to everyone - I'm back at work today (booooo) after two weeks off during which I managed to get out on the golf course several times and my game got steadily worse scratch . Oh well, it will probably be Easter before I play again so there's time to forget all the bad things I was doing (like lifting my head too soon).

Anyone know what's happening with the Fantasy League? Are we doing it or is it moving to 606v2?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:33 am

Happy New Year folks. I hope everyone enjoyed their festive breaks, were good boys and girls so Santa brought them good gifts (instead of a novelty pack of tees, plastic pitchmark repairer, and a ball with about 70 dimples), and that life is good.

I don't know what's happening with the Fantasy League LP; I can't make my mind up on what's to be done for the best. Let's skip this week as it's a limited field for Hawaii and it's a day later than usual or a South African event where only Steve Surry will be a household name... Abu Dhabi next week with a 125 odd players with a cut.

Thinking of tweaking the scoring a bit; not as much of a bonus for a last place finish so it equals the lowest finish points, reduce worst round scoring to half of good scoring, reinstate worst round for limited fields but at the newer levels, look at increasing finish points to reward 5th place - maybe have 4th and 5th the same.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:30 am

What you didn't like the Christmas gift I got for you Grumps?...well that's gratitude for you!  Evil or Very Mad

Happy New Year all, hope you have a good one. I've been back at work since last week...well there's no rest for the self-employed! Innocent (Did I mention I'm playing golf at Felixstowe tomorrow? Wink )

So far as the Fantasy League goes, Mary doesn't always get the chance to play, Red picks by numbers and you Grumps in your own words "can't be arsed". (I think that's what you said anyway! Happy New Year! 3461234324 ) That only leaves LP, Setup, Davie and me playing regularly and that does seem a lot of effort on your part to organise in return for such little participation. Thought any more about moving it to 606v2 in the hope of getting more people involved? (and thus giving those people the opportunity to see how magnificently well run it is! Happy New Year! 70282223 )
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:12 am

I thought it was supposed to be a secret Santa, I had Setup as regifting that one.... Happy New Year! 3461234324

Hard life Blue, hope the weather is good for Felixstowe tomorrow. We're about to get an Artic blast later this week with the temperatures expected to drop to around -20C and that's before the wind chill factor is taken into consideration.

I think you may be accurate in your recollection, it does sound very much like something I would say Razz 606v2 maybe the way to go to increase participation. However, I don't really want to post and administer the events in both places and moving the Fantasy League would probably kill this place off. I think you'll find the standard of admin is commensurate with the compensation levels...

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 pm

As usual for anyone interested I have created a Yahoo league for those who wish to participate there

Group ID for those who wish to join is 5593 - password gcuk

https://uk.golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:53 am

Davie wrote:As usual for anyone interested I have created a Yahoo league for those who wish to participate there

Group ID for those who wish to join is 5593 - password gcuk

https://uk.golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf
I've tried, but it won't let me in - says the ID "is not yet taken". Am I doing something wrong? This is the first time I've tried to log in to the Yahoo league so that may be the case. Do I need to register individually first?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:02 am

Yes I think if you go to the link I provided it gets you to register a team first - then you have the option of joining leagues
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:15 am

2015 starting on 606v2 - will see if more folks get involved....

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:01 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:2015 starting on 606v2 - will see if more folks get involved....
Happy New Year! 1927768590  It looks as though there's some good support "over there"! Let's hope it lasts.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:23 am

Yes Grumps, it's going to take some explaining to Mrs Grumps when you haven't got any time to do those chores! Happy New Year! 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:17 am

Great news as far as I'm concerned. This placed served a purpose but lately apart from the sterling effort of Grumps there hasn't been much going on - apart from football chat!

I hope Grumps hasn't bitten off more than he can chew but this would seem to sound the death knell for GCUK - I'll keep it going while people continue to post but don't really see much of a need anymore.

No regrets from me it's been worth every minute and I'm so pleased and thankful for the people that came here during the schism - it's been a blast Smile
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:08 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:2015 starting on 606v2 - will see if more folks get involved....

20 teams entered at the last count Grumps...I think that can be classified as more folks involved! Happy New Year! 1927768590
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Yep, tripled the numbers taking part and they've picked a third of the field....

Apologies for dealing the fatal blow to GCUK Happy New Year! 1067764964

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:23 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Yep, tripled the numbers taking part and they've picked a third of the field....

Apologies for dealing the fatal blow to GCUK Happy New Year! 1067764964
I think you've probably just put it out of its misery Wave See you on the "other side".
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:32 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Yep, tripled the numbers taking part and they've picked a third of the field....

What's this are you comparing 606v2 posters to sheep Grumps?...Baa!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:06 am

Actually it was more than that Blue.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:03 am

Davie wrote:Great news as far as I'm concerned. This placed served a purpose but lately apart from the sterling effort of Grumps there hasn't been much going on - apart from football chat!

I hope Grumps hasn't bitten off more than he can chew but this would seem to sound the death knell for GCUK - I'll keep it going while people continue to post but don't really see much of a need anymore.

No regrets from me it's been worth every minute and I'm so pleased and thankful for the people that came here during the schism - it's been a blast Smile

It was certainly a safe port during the storm! Thanks Davie!

Maybe somebody on the other side will be even worse than I am with their fantasy picks. Cross Fingers
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:21 am

I don't know how long forumotion will allow a forum to be kept with no activity. I'm not planning on deleting it yet just in case things go wrong - but I see no reason to keep posting here ... for now

This place will stay for a while yet even if no one posts - but it has served its purpose. To be quite honest, forums have been dying for 2 or 3 years now when they used to be the lifeblood of the internet. I wonder how long it will be before V2 becomes facebook only .. that's the trend right now. But it's been great while it lasted. I've no regrets if it dies but neither have I regrets for doing it in the first place .. you guys and gals have been great Smile
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 pm

If we post something occasionally then perhaps it will keep "alive" as a safe port in case V2 decides to get uppity again (as my old mum used to say!) and ban us again  Rolling Eyes

Is V2 on Facebook? I'll have to have a look - link?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:50 pm

A couple of my favourite authors closed their forums, and moved all communication to Facebook. IMHO it doesn't work as well as a tool of interacting.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:47 am

I'm not on Facebook so if it ends up there I might have to join No

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:29 am

No sorry I didn't mean it was there already. I think there MAY be a V2 page on Facebook but don't think it's actively used. I was merely trying to say that in my experience many things end up there - forums seem to be a dying breed as Mary implies too.

I'm not planning on closing this place just yet and I don't think they will shut us down for lack of activity
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:46 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:I'm not on Facebook so if it ends up there I might have to join No

Don't you have to have friends to be on Facebook? Wink
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:14 am

BlueCoverman wrote:
1GrumpyGolfer wrote:I'm not on Facebook so if it ends up there I might have to join No

Don't you have to have friends to be on Facebook? Wink

I used to be schizophrenic but we're okay now. We've decided we don't like you anymore Razz

One of my imaginary friends wants to know how you're getting on in the latest Fantasy League event Innocent

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:39 am

I think you both know the answer to that question... Happy New Year! 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:18 am

Apparently it's: Better than Redrage Happy New Year! 3461234324

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down