Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

+13
gaelgowfer
LadyPutt
diggers
Noshankingtonite
Doon the Water
BlueCoverman
ChrisGG
Davie
MustPuttBetter
Maverick
LondonJonnyO
Doc
drive4show
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 3 Empty Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

Post by drive4show Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Discuss footy, life, politics, weather, women (and men if you feel the need Wink ), nurses, smileys......just about anything really.

Just one criteria, it must be entertaining!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

Post by LadyPutt Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 am

I prefer it here anyway - we're all Hug (well, most of the time Wink )
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Anything goes thread....by you know who.......

Post by Davie Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:32 pm

How delightful to see Joey Barton tweeting so knowledgably about the Higgs Bosun Rolling Eyes
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Enlighten us then Davie...what did the charming Mr Barton have to say?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Davie wrote:How delightful to see Joey Barton tweeting so knowledgably about the Higgs Bosun Rolling Eyes

Looking at that I would guess that the particle started life as a sailor at the rank of Bosun.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Oh his tweet went

So they think they have discovered the Higgs Boson particle. I don't think he's going to give up his hiding speck that easily!

That was shortly followed by a load of expected abuse towards people who had presumably replied mocking him!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:24 am

The only bit I understood about the Higgs Boson thing was the fact that the PowerPoint was in Comic Sans font. Embarassed Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 3 2839888827
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Glad you understood that bit! Laughing
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 am

The thing about some of these discoveries that cost billions of pound, I ask myself will that put another pound in my pocket??? Mind you if they did not make these discoveries, how much more money would it cost me, to keep them looking.
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:05 am

My 15th wedding anniversary today, 'Crystal' apparently. Now who has not got at least one crystal decanter and glasses won as a golf prize at some time? And who has got a side-board groaning under the weight of multiple wins?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:37 am

Congratulations Blue. Not me.

Did win a phallically shaped crystal trophy with golf ball on top a couple of years ago, the missus quite liked it.....

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 am

Happy Anniversary Blue and Mrs Blue! Smile

I have several boxes stashed with various decanters and glasses, but unfortunately none of them have my name on them. Perhaps Grumps would like to do a swap? Anything goes thread....by you know who....... - Page 3 2839888827
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 am

Congrats blue, yes I must admit to having a cabinet full of crystal, I think most of it being runners up prizes.
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 pm

I've got several crystal glasses (thankfully usually in pairs), a couple of crystal bowls (useful for flowers - or trifles at Christmas!), a candlestick holder (handy if there's a power cut), a vase which is used every day for flowers and two decanters - one with vodka in and the other brandy! If I win, I much prefer crystal to what I won once at a Ladies' Open - clothes from M&S which were in the wrong size and, because they didn't keep the receipt and they were in the sale when I took them back, I only got the sale price (half the value). Crying or Very sad
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 pm

forgetting the argument about hosting the olympics and concentrating on the things that could spoil the games. I'm ashamed at the way the useless bitch Home secretary May, has lost control of the security aspects and not just G4S debacle. She's now got the Home Office on strike meaning border controls shot to pieces.

The people who go on strike this month should be done for treason because they are making us a laughing stock in the eyes of the world. The Olympics transport lanes etc are also a disgrace, the tube staff, bus drivers, train staff are all wanting a bonus because they'll be busier. Its a complete fiasco and the games has already cost billions yet these people want a bonus for doing their jobs which they're contracted to do. Do the employers deduct wages when they're not busy, and they actually get overtime payments if they work more. I'm ashamed sometimes to live in this country
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 am

Does anyone else feel just a little uncomfortable with the way this Mark Bridger/April Jones case is progressing?

Don't get me wrong - if he is really guilty he deserves anything the courts can throw at him (and probably more) - but the police have had him in custody for almost a week now and still no hard evidence is coming to light (at least publicly)

I know all the stats about how the prime suspect in cases like this is likely to be a family member or a friend of the family (which he fits the bill), and I also know that a body isn't needed anymore to charge someone for murder - I just feel there is something not right yet - and seeing the TV pictures of him being taken to court, with lynch mobs hounding the van he was carried in makes me feel that people have judged him already

In a way I hope he DID do it - because the alternative is that someone else out there is getting away with it. I just don't like these "trials by TV"

Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:18 am

Put him in the same cell as the guy who slashed huntley
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:46 pm

That's fine if he's guilty ... What if he's not?
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Anyone going to be watching online this Red Bull Stratos freefall from the edge of the stratosphere this afternoon?

www.redbullstratos.com
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Davie wrote:Anyone going to be watching online this Red Bull Stratos freefall from the edge of the stratosphere this afternoon?

www.redbullstratos.com

I may well do, now that you've told me about it! Smile
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 am

WOW - that was certainly worth waiting for. Totally amazing, although I feared the worst when he was spinning round and round, yet he managed to land as though it was a run of the mill parachute jump.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 am

Oh no! Did it happen today? I was all ready to watch it live last week but I've been out on the golf course all day (and a couple of beers after)

Did he break the sound barrier?
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 am

Yes he did and apparently you can watch it on YouTube.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19947159
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3