Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia to relax dress code for women

2 posters

Go down

Australia to relax dress code for women Empty Australia to relax dress code for women

Post by LadyPutt Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:42 am

According to this article, Australia are looking to relax the dress code for women golfers and also to do away with the "men only" on Saturdays rule. Do you think this is a good idea, and (pigs might fly!) do you think it could happen here?

http://www.insidegolf.com.au/feature-articles/womensgolf/dress-codes-playing-rights-to-be-overhauled/
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Australia to relax dress code for women Empty Re: Australia to relax dress code for women

Post by Mary_S Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:47 am

Interesting article LadyP - thanks for the link.

It says that the ladies should still be "neat and tidy", so that sounds fairly sensible to me. When watching the lady pros on TV, there seem to be very few rules as to what they can wear, apart from "sex sells" of course!

I do agree that clubs need to losen up a little in order to attract significant numbers of the next generation to take up the game. Youngsters in short shorts and a neat top can look far tidier that the hefty ladies in baggy trousers, even if the latter are the ones who meet the dress code.

I certainly won't be wearing my gym kit to the course though - I'd never be able to hold my breath on the downswing, to keep all the necessary bits sucked in!  affraid 

With regard to the "men only" Saturday rule, being only 20 years old, I don't think our club operated that format. The monthly comps at the weekends are the 'book your own tee time' format. Of course, tee times have to be blocked out for the trophy comps, but that applies to ladies too. The biggest block booking of tee times is the seniors on Tuesday morning. I guess we are lucky in having 36 holes, so you can usually get on somewhere for a casual knock.

Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down