Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy Old Men & Women

+3
BlueCoverman
diggers
Doc
7 posters

Go down

Grumpy Old Men & Women Empty Grumpy Old Men & Women

Post by Doc Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm beggining to turn into my grandad, as I can't stop moaning about certain things. It must be my age and I can see why Mrs Doc has that look on her face when i start kicking off. Reading some of the comments on this board makes me think I'm not alone though, so what winds you up most or makes you chunter to yourself?

1) Politicians and the speedy way they can change long held beliefs, for political expediency. In other words to keep them in jobs.
2) The EU and the amount of stupid legislation that it passes, which affect people in this country.
3) The massive amount of money wasted by local government on stupid schemes which are politicaly correct.
4) Travellers and all things gyppo because they cost us all millions and are a law unto themselves.
5) The high cost of public transport after promises to make it easier and cheaper, for environmental reasons.
6) Climate change, because whatever we do in our small island will have no impact whatsoever, but yet we adhere to any new legislation and at a massive cost to industry. China, Russia, USA, India ...... The great polluters can do whatever they want, because they are only intersested in keeping their economies afloat.
7) Airlines and the way we are expected to pay for tickets months in advance, but if you cancel it takes an age to get your cash back and then not all of it. Also the amount of charges that go with any airline ticket and then get hit with extra for using a credit card. No such thing as low cost airlines anymore.
Cool Duty payments, is a sore point as I buy 1.5m litres of diesel each year, yet the government enjoy a windfall as the price per barrel rises. As an example today PLATTS price per litre for diesel is 54p, but yet the pump price is around £1.45ppl. so the government get around 88p in duty and VAT charges with the other 3ppl split between delivery and margin. My fuel bill has risen by a whopping £300k+ in the last couple of years. When you buy an alcoholic drink you may complain about the price, but the government actually take between 62% and 71% of that cost in duty (Depending on type of drink as they all have differing levels of duty) So the drinks industry is lambasted in the media and by politicians, but government needs the duty.
9) SNP - put up or shut up, and if you go good ridance as we'll save a fortune down here.
10) Ed Milliband - cock
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Old Men & Women Empty Re: Grumpy Old Men & Women

Post by diggers Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:45 pm

11. George Osbourne - Super Cock
12. David Cameron - Lord Supreme Cock
13. Theresa May - Lady Cock Up
See we didnt need the French to take us into double dip recession ,we can do that all by ourselves.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Christ Doc I wouldn't want to buy a second hand car from you, not with that high mileage! Grumpy Old Men & Women 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:Christ Doc I wouldn't want to buy a second hand car from you, not with that high mileage! Grumpy Old Men & Women 3461234324

he's paying in turkish lira i reckon.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 pm

These Olympics are costing us billions, which could have been pumped into other areas, like business loans to get this country back on its feet. Hindsight, well not really as the world economy was forecast to collapse, so makes me wonder why we won the bid.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:34 pm

I like being a Grumpy Old Woman!

Agree with you in the most, Doc and other things that piss me off:

1. Idiots who walk around with their trousers round their crutch, exposing vast amounts of usually grey pants. I'm always tempted to yank them down but I've never had the courage - yet.
2. Paying out billions in overseas aid when we're skint.
3. Having saved all my working life for my retirement only to have seen my savings decimated and to have it suggested I don't deserve a free bus pass or a state pension. I've paid in all my life (I've worked since I was 17 and have never claimed anything) so now it's payback time!
4. Lazy spongers who refuse to work but expect us (the taxpayers) to pay for everything they and their dozens of illegitimate kids want - trainers/iPods/XBox/guns/knives .....
5. People who don't know where to use an apostophe!!!!

I'll think of some others later .....

Last edited by LadyPutt on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought of another one.)
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Doc wrote:These Olympics are costing us billions, which could have been pumped into other areas, like business loans to get this country back on its feet. Hindsight, well not really as the world economy was forecast to collapse, so makes me wonder why we won the bid.

Because as London will be the first city to host the Olympics three times perhaps we get to keep the Cup? Grumpy Old Men & Women 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55 pm

While we are on the Olympics a friend of mine applied for £2000 worth of tickets last year and much to his disappointment he didn't get a single one.

My daughter came home from school yesterday with a letter offering an overnight coach trip to London to see the womens hockey and volleyball semi-finals on consecutive days. Any idea how that works?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 pm

There are loads of tickets unsold, but they are for all the pointless events that nobody is interested in.

I applied for £3000 worth of tickets and got nothing.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 pm

I applied for 4 tickets for the equestrian 3-day event cross-country (I can walk to Greenwich Park from home at a push) and got all 4. Maybe it's because they are not seat specific ones. No-one else I know has been lucky enough to get any tickets for anything.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:48 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
1. Idiots who walk around with their trousers round their crutch, exposing vast amounts of usually grey pants. I'm always tempted to yank them down but I've never had the courage - yet.

I don't get this either, I know where the trend comes from but it looks so uncomfortable not to mention plain stupid. I was on the tube a few months ago and this "trendy" bloke was strolling along in front of me with his arse hanging out of his trousers. The train arrived at the platform and he broke out into a run, his trousers fell down round his knees and he fell over. I wish I had been able to record that one, he looked such a prat.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 pm

The Olympics ticketing issue was as usual an absolute joke. And don't get me started on hotel prices going up by over 800%. Ther'll be plenty of companies cashing in to the detriment of the rest of us. Traffic will be a nightmare and we're bound to get tube and rail and bus strikes. Back onto tickets, you'll like this ..... I have friends who live in Portland and when the Olympicssailing is on, the council has decided to charge for tickets along parts of the cliff top walks. talk about cashing in the cheeky prats. many, many people use thse bridleways for exercise, but not whilst the Olympics are on because they want to charge people for using public footpaths
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:21 am

I cant wait for the Olympics and am so chuffed we won them. OK so they will cost a lot but at least its accountable money. The money wpould have been spent anyway, probably on a complete waste like Trident rather than business loans. And a lot of businesses will get a lot of revenue from the games.
Mind you I have tickets for mens 200 and triple jump finals so Im very happy with that, got them in the first ballot. Also booked a hotel for the night of our tickets this week, was about £50 more than the normal rate, right next to Victoria station.

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:19 am

raycastleunited wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:

I don't get this either, I know where the trend comes from but it looks so uncomfortable not to mention plain stupid. I was on the tube a few months ago and this "trendy" bloke was strolling along in front of me with his arse hanging out of his trousers. The train arrived at the platform and he broke out into a run, his trousers fell down round his knees and he fell over. I wish I had been able to record that one, he looked such a prat.

lol! Grumpy Old Men & Women 3461234324 lol! Grumpy Old Men & Women 3461234324 lol! Grumpy Old Men & Women 3461234324 I wish I'd been there!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by faldono1fan Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 pm

I feel like offloading today:-

Driving:-

1) People who do not indicate
2) People who do not thank you if you have given them the right of way. I have found that the majority of these are women (sorry ilu )
3) Lorry drivers who hog the two lanes of a minor motorway or A road & take an eternity to take over.
4)Idiots that speed in a built up area.
5) Drivers who hold up the entire car park while they wait for someone to empty there trolley,fill up the boot,get in the car & drive away. What about the other 50 spaces that are available?
6) Drivers that tailgate.
7) Drivers that go 15 mph

General

1) Dog owners who do not pick up the dog mess after them
2) People on tills that are rude. Go & get another job!
3) Cold calls from charities. Always feel bad about turning them away.
4) Cold calls from sales companies. Never feel bad about turning them away.
5) Ageist game shows. When is the last time a person or couple over 40 appeared on the bank job, Million Pound Drop etc. Seems like a channel 4 thing
6) People who shorten words to convo (conversation) for example. Just lazy & kids TV presenters who influence that language in our kids.
7) People who interfere like that "only me" Harry Enfield character. If I want help i'll ask for it!
Cool People who congregate in the middle of supermarkets right where I am trying to get my cruncy nut cornflakes.

That's about it for a minute. Smile

faldono1fan
faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 pm

faldono1fan wrote:4)Idiots that speed in a built up area.

Ooops - that includes me! I've just been nicked for doing 36 in a 30mph and am going to go on a Speed Awareness course. That'll be fun Embarassed
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by faldono1fan Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Smile As long as you thank me for waiting for you to speed on through! I was thinking more of the boy racers who do 50 in a 30. Good luck with the course.
faldono1fan
faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by diggers Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 pm

People with no thought for others on a small scale, for example brolly users. They just walk along with no thought as to whether they are going to poke someone in the eye or block a pavement...hold the bloody things up high you twats !!!

diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm

John Terry
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Drivers who sit in the middle lane, or the right hand lane on a 2 lane dual carriageway. Why? I just don't get it, they are the main cause of pretty much all congestion as they block up half the capacity of the road.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
faldono1fan wrote:4)Idiots that speed in a built up area.

Ooops - that includes me! I've just been nicked for doing 36 in a 30mph and am going to go on a Speed Awareness course. That'll be fun Embarassed

I know someone who went on one of those. Very effective as she was nicked for speeding just outside the car park.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 am

I did one a few years ago and it was the most boring 4-hours of my life. I had to drive over 2-hours to get there and was so pissed off about wasting a day, that I got caught on the way home. The copper to be fair laughed his head off, but let me off as he knew what I'd just been through.

Some of the idiots who were attending with me, should never have had a license, and the one dimensional monotone copper who was lecturing us made you want see how fast your car would go ...... I'll take the points next time
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 am

I was going to take the points (my first ever after 44 years of driving) but LordPutt was concerned that any points on either licence might affect his National B racing licence and would almost certainly affect our respective insurances as we are insured on each other's cars and he has a Subaru Impreza. So he's told me to do the course which means I also have to pay £97. It galls me because I got caught driving on a Sunday lunchtime after taking him to a p**s up with a load of old work mates. If he'd not gone, I wouldn't have been caught ...... Evil or Very Mad
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down