Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought

4 posters

Go down

Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought Empty Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought

Post by Mercurio Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Cheers.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought Empty Re: Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought

Post by LadyPutt Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Played Dartmouth some years ago and thought it was a long, rather boring slog but it's probably OK for a lower handicap. Not played Bristol.

Doesn't really help, does it? confused
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought Empty Re: Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought

Post by Mercurio Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 pm

LadyPutt wrote:Played Dartmouth some years ago and thought it was a long, rather boring slog but it's probably OK for a lower handicap. Not played Bristol.

Doesn't really help, does it? confused

As you're not having a go at me or being unduly harsh on Tiger, it does help, actually Wink
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by smithersjones Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 pm

I too played Dartmouth a long while ago. I seem to remember it was pretty good, but we were staying in one of the lodges so that's probably an alcohol infused memory. If you are there overnight, it's one of the best places I've ever known for stargazing, or at least it was then. No doubt there's much more light pollution now.

smithersjones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Ohhh, that's a bonus. I do take more than a passing interest in astronomy.

I had a mate around the other Saturday with his big telescope (leave it) and I saw Jupiter's moons and the Andromeda Galaxy for the first time with my own eyes.

There was immense irony in the fact that we ordered a Chinese in and whilst we were inside eating it that Meteor that lit up the sky from Scotland to Devon passed by:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17248959

Dartmouth Golf & Country Club & Bristol Golf Club - Opinions sought 2975105902
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Merc- Dartmouth is a top Championship condition parkland track, with lots of teeing options from 5800 upto 7200yds. Everytime I have played it ( last time Novenmber) it is always in great Nic, no winter tees or greens in sight. The course is long but wide enough for all standards, with generally a bailout area one side of the fairway or the other (except the par5 4th which is nails!!). Accomodation is nice, lodges are superb and the do really good deals throughout the year. You have probably looked already but there website is www.dgcc.co.uk which has an online course planner.
Its that good that The Naval Air Command Championships are being held there this May. As one of the organisers of the comp I am infact going up there to have a meeting and play the course again tomorrow so i will be able to update you on its exact condition on Thursday if you wish?

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Cheers, Matelot.

It's been proposed as a base for a 3-day tour in July. Everything I've read about it sounds great apart from the many recommendations to use a buggy!

P.S. I haven't forgot about the Mullion review.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Oh Yes, a Buggy is a must! Unless you want to get ripped and half calfs like water melons. Im making my boys play 4 rounds in two days. being in the forces they are required to do some Phys also!!!! Twisted Evil

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:22 am

Merc- course in good shape. Fairways all cut and shaped just before we played. Green speed good and putting surfaces in good condition. Considering its March than I would rate it as one of the best parkland courses to play at the moment. Not even any low lying areas had any collection of water or mud. A good day out around.

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:23 am

Oh yeh, most importantly,35 points with a blob so overall games in good shape.

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down