Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League

+4
BlueCoverman
venice1
LadyPutt
Davie
8 posters

Go down

Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League Empty Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League

Post by Davie Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:26 pm

Just as a reminder for anyone who didn't see it on the other thread, despite us hoping for venice to set up a bespoke predictions comp for the coming season, I have set up a Golf Chat league on Yahoo for anyone else who wants to join

The information required to join is Group ID#4910 and the group password is golfchat

The URL is http://uk.golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

Yahoo won't have the final field for Kapalua until Tuesday but the contest is open to registration now so you can get yourself set up and join our league, and fine tune your team after Tuesday

Last edited by Davie on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League Empty Re: Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League

Post by LadyPutt Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 am

Is this likely to be the only League we do? I'll have to think about it. I'm disgusted at the 606v2 League - I know Ned was having problems but he still hasn't done the results for Dubai or the final standings for the year .... I think it will probably fold.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League Empty Re: Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League

Post by Davie Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:18 am

LP - see the annoucement at the top of the forum!

Venice (with help from Mav if he ever reappears?) is hoping to do a contest like we've had before and I'm sure if he takes it on he will do a good job of it!

However, as I said, I always have a team in the Yahoo league too so I've created a league for anyone who wants to join in. I'm hoping venice will do us proud with our bespoke league too though
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:06 am

Hi LP and Davie,

If Maverick doesn't appear in these parts within the next few days, I will go ahead with putting up the first fantasy event by next week at the latest. It will more than likely be a warm up event and also a way to gauge how many are really interested. It maybe better to start with everyone in the ET Division (elite) and if we have higher numbers of participants we can have a CT Division (choppers).

I will post the rules that Goldwolf had when he managed the fantasy league at the end of bbc606 days within the next few days to get signups and feedback. We will adjust accordingly as we move down the road.

LadyPutt's concerns will be addressed as there will be timely updates each week to go along with a schedule of the tournaments for the league. It will be European Tour centric but will include all tournaments of stature (Majors, WGCs and obvious others). A number of weeks we will include multiple tourneys as originally the league started with having most of the ET events and it would be nice to re-establish that. (And who really knows where the top ranked players' allegiance will fall to depending on their ever-changing management agreements with the Tours. We will have to include the Donalds, Rors, Westys, etc. if they are bunched up somewhere across the landscape.)

Hopefully Mav will be here but any are welcome to help run the league. I can come up with the Category A, B. and C rosters each week but was going to rely on Mav's expertise to manage that task. That's a spot that could use another's credible input. But I should be more than capable in handling the stat chores. We also will need to have someone else serve as Lady or Lord chief judge, the one responsible for the final say on all disputes. Any volunteers or nominees?
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 am

Fantastic Venice. I'm in and I'm happy to volunteer to be a judge if no-on else wants to do it. I'll be away next week (in the sunny Caribbean) but I'll be back on Jan 18th and raring to go.

Anyone know where Mav's gone or is he just taking a well deserved rest?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 am

Venice has got his announcement up for the pre-season "friendly" in the bespoke league but the Yahoo league is also now updated with a list of players expected to make the start at Kapalua

Let's try to get a few in the Yahoo league though I'd like to propose that venice's contest is the "official" contest for us
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:56 am

Excellent LadyPutt. You are now the final word on all disputes and necessary rulings concerning the fantasy league until you step down or someone else comes along and tries to steal the throne. I knew there was something suggestive about your avatar's stare.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:08 am

Haven't the faintest clue about Mav but I assume he is doing well. Also wondering if anyone else on this site is interested in writing a weekly piece on the European Tour events as Mav was doing last year. Would have to believe that there at least one or two posting here with the interest and talent to write a column in a similar fashion.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:11 am

LadyPutt wrote:Fantastic Venice. I'm in and I'm happy to volunteer to be a judge if no-on else wants to do it. I'll be away next week (in the sunny Caribbean) but I'll be back on Jan 18th and raring to go.

Can I also volunteer to be a judge if the remuneration includes two weeks in the Caribbean?... Laughing
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 am

Holla peeps.....

I'm back from a well earned rest well frantic new years break with the family in New York. It was wonderful.

I will after this weeks first event get to the task of prividng te names for you venice.

Also Re: the task of ET Weeklies, i'm happy to contiue if everyone would like it from next week, or likewise to step aside should someone else wish to take up the mantle.

Now to register for this Yahoo league
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:49 am

1 hogie 189 189 (+1) 1 1 1 cheers
2 Northern Exposure 180 180 (+2) 1 1 0
3 Slice of Luck 179 179 (-2) 1 1 0
4 venice1 162 162 (+1) 1 0 0
5 Mavericks Marvels 161 161 (-2) 1 0 0
6 Davie's Duffers 151 151 0 1 0 0 Sleep

Might as well get it in while I can I'm sure but next week the table will be turned on it's head...

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:00 am

Well done hogie - poor week for me! Though it was mostly rd1 that did for me - swapped all my players out and replaced with the substitutes after day 1 and did much better after that!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 am

Congrats hogie. Now you have a big target on your back.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:47 am

A joint first and 2nd on each tour this week - a decent effort!
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:55 am

Redrage wrote:A joint first and 2nd on each tour this week - a decent effort!

The old exacta or perfecta. Hope you wagered more than a five spot.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:04 am

venice1 wrote:
Redrage wrote:A joint first and 2nd on each tour this week - a decent effort!

The old exacta or perfecta. Hope you wagered more than a five spot.

Last weeks shrewd gambling was taking Richard Sterne e/w at 66/1 with Ladbrokes who were going 6 places, that extra place was crucial!!! I've followed him up again this week, but can't see anything but a Schwartzel victory. He won it last year playing terribly in the last round and he has really kicked on from there.
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:20 am

this weeks picks are locked in, and going with quite a few rookies this week as I fancy them to pull it out of the bag. How i'm rueing benching stricker for the opener still I had J Byrd
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 am

After his 5 under on in the first round I benched Stricker cause you know these guys don't have two good rounds in a row.... Yes he was 10 under in his second round ....... Embarassed

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Not a great week for me - didn't help leaving Johnson Wagner on the bench! Doh!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I hate these Fantasy weeks where there are two or three courses in play. Your active players can have a bad day and your reserves a good one, but do you swap them when your active players still have the easier courses to come and your reserves may have already played the easier one? scratch
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 am

Don't go geting all technical on me now...

I just love that fact that i picked Dustin Johnson this week... and then left him on the damn bench as he shot 9 under at pebble NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 am

Bugger, I forgot to change mine from last week, so I have ineligible picks in Cat A:

Saving grace, DJ and Bryce Molder...
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:25 am

Don't know how many people are still playng this, but the field this week is truly awful!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:21 am

I'm still playing but I see you won the last two weeks cheers ..... better put my thinking cap on Wink

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri May 25, 2012 9:45 am

i'm not participating in this... but it's been so long since I played I thought I would mention that the only golf I'm playing is fantasy golf.

that said I've had some great rounds in my head recently
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:56 am

I think there were only 2 of us playing in the end and I managed to do Dave by a mere 4 points!!

Rank Team Season Points Rank +/- Weekly Finishes ?
1 hogie 5,429
2 Davie's Duffers 5,425
3 Northern Exposure 3,883
4 venice1 2,773
5 Mavericks Marvels 2,029
6 Slice of Luck 1,451

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:33 am

Yeah seems you are right there Hogie - and it was tight right to the end - well done! Golf Chat Yahoo Fantasy Golf League 1927768590
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:33 am

Time to unsticky this now but congrats once again to Hogie for a narrow victory!

See we were both pipped to the post on the darkside league though by someone called Lowry's Spare Tyre - s-r perhaps?
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 am

Surely by now SR has given up his infatuation with all things Irish and in particular Lowry's girth. Wink

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down