Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom fitting at Callaway in Chessington

5 posters

Go down

Custom fitting at Callaway in Chessington Empty Custom fitting at Callaway in Chessington

Post by Mercurio Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Has anyone on this forum been there? If so, what should I expect?

I've never been for a fitting before so it's all new to me.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Custom fitting at Callaway in Chessington Empty Re: Custom fitting at Callaway in Chessington

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 am

Merc, I had been there a few years ago. I'll think back and post tomorrow what it was like.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Custom fitting at Callaway in Chessington Empty Re: Custom fitting at Callaway in Chessington

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am

My cousin went many years back now... and enjoyed it.

That said he was never a great golfer maintaining around a 14 or 15. It helped him hit it a bit more consistently and certainly longer.... but the guy never could chip or putt.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm quite excited about this because I'm confident my clubs aren't set up correctly for me.

Also, does anyone know whether they can change the loft and lie of my clubs at Chessington? They're forged so I wouldn't expect any problems providing they provide the service.

I can see me purchasing the new Callaway RAZR Fit driver that's been getting great reviews and which seems to have sorted out Big Phil's wayward driving.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-au/golf-equipment/golf-clubs/drivers/razr-fit-driver.html

I could rip a tissue.

Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:00 am

Merc, I'm not sure they would do adjustments then and then. I was a little surprised when I got there as the place reminded me of an office park as opposed to a factory.

I went there with the idea of being fit for a particular driver only to find that they had stopped making it and were in the process of bringing out a new model. I tested out their irons and got a custom set up based on my swing characteristics.

I enjoyed my time there but it was a different type of fitting to what I have had more recently. I'm sure they have moved on technology wise too so that may be an unfair comment. Like I said it was a few years ago.

Have fun. Grumps

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Today's the day.

bounce
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:25 pm

Hope it goes well, and that you've got a trailer sorted to bring all the new gear home! Smile Innocent
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Here are the results from my fitting on Friday:

6 iron (RAZR X-Forged)Driver (RAZR Fit)
Club Head Speed 81.5 mph 98.4 mph
Ball speed 110.5 mph 144.2 mph
Launch angle 22.1 12.2
Back spin 4,526 rpm 2,908 rpm
Side spin 167 rpm 79 rpm
Side angle 1.57 right 0.1 right
Swing path 2.84 right 0.18 left
Angle of attack 2.41 down 0.42 up
Efficiency 1.36 (91%) 1.47 (98%)

Callaway chappy wrote:Mercurio has a set of X Forged 09 irons with S300 shafts that he hits very well but a little high & lacks the distance he deserves from his swing speed. By changing shafts to the Project X 5.5 we improved Mercurio’s ball speed and the distance improved nicely [6 iron carry went from 150 yards to 165 yards!].

Driver: Mercurio’s strike pattern with his current Hyper X 9 deg drive was quite inconsistant and I felt this was a touch light for Mercurio. The weight of the RAZR Fit helped hugely & when we swapped to the draw setting it made a huge difference in distance and ball flight control.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_job Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Mercurio wrote:Mercurio’s ball speed and the distance improved nicely (6 iron carry went from 150 yards to 165 yards!).

That's pretty impressive - how much of the improvement was down to ball speed and how much from not hitting so high (as issue for me)?
Bob_the_job
Bob_the_job

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Bob_the_job wrote:
Mercurio wrote:Mercurio’s ball speed and the distance improved nicely (6 iron carry went from 150 yards to 165 yards!).

That's pretty impressive - how much of the improvement was down to ball speed and how much from not hitting so high (as issue for me)?

I would have thought it was a bit of both - my club head speed improved by 3 mph. It's funny because it doesn't sound much but I could feel the increase.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_job Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Cheers Merc.. 3mph is less than a 4% increase, whereas the distance went up by 10% - so trajectory sounds like a bit of a bigger factor. Interesting.
Bob_the_job
Bob_the_job

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down