Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My favourite golf commentator is Nick Faldo

+8
oldparwin
drive4show
Davie
raycastleunited
LadyPutt
super_realist
Doc
Mercurio
12 posters

Go down

My favourite golf commentator is Nick Faldo Empty My favourite golf commentator is Nick Faldo

Post by Mercurio Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 am

That's all I wanted to stay.

Thank you for reading.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

My favourite golf commentator is Nick Faldo Empty Re: My favourite golf commentator is Nick Faldo

Post by Doc Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Merc you know you'll get some serious stick for this transgression Cool One of our all time greats but a flawed character and not the most likeable bloke to play the game. I admire what he did, but how CBS/Golf Chanell can pay him cash is beyond me. he's boring, full of himself, if he says one thing the opposite happens immediatley, and he makes me cringe with some of his comments or failed humour.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

My favourite golf commentator is Nick Faldo Empty Re: My favourite golf commentator is Nick Faldo

Post by super_realist Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 pm

That's a bit like admitting you watch X-Factor. Something you should probably keep to yourself.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Can't stand him as a commentator. Or the smarmy way his fellow commentators insist on calling him "Sir".
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

I'll stand up for you Merc.

I quite like Faldo as a commentator too. He's willing to take a risk and put forward his views. Sometimes it doesn't come off, but at least you get some insight. So much better than the safe commentary from the other guys. Exclaiming "good shot" after a shot finishes close to the flag does not add anything.
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Judging by some of the one line posts from Merc last night I'm wondering if he was under some sort of influence and this was some sort of wind up!

However, I'm with you Ray - I don't mind Faldo at all. Much rather have him than Roe, Crutchley, Ewen Murray etc
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Davie wrote:Judging by some of the one line posts from Merc last night I'm wondering if he was under some sort of influence and this was some sort of wind up!

However, I'm with you Ray - I don't mind Faldo at all. Much rather have him than Roe, Crutchley, Ewen Murray etc

I was under the influence last night, but my posts were genuine!
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 pm

In that case Merc, I'm happy to agree with you Smile

Not about the Smiths though!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 am

I actually quite like SNF, I'd much rather listen to him than that half wit Gary 'what stupid made up expression can I come up with next' McCord.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:04 am

I think the pills you are taking are a bit strong, do you see flying pink elephants, think it might be time to see the people with the white coats, you never know, you meet Sir Nick or as his friends call him Old Nick.
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 am

Have to say not a big fan of his commentary but one thing I do like he does is the pre-round on course bit showing how players will be thinking and what the smart plays are!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by faldono1fan Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:40 am

Great player. Very good commentator.
faldono1fan
faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:14 am

Great player. Ar*e commentator. Funny how he seems to create a love/hate topic most weeks. Loved the Abu Dhabi comp this weekend, but who let old 'cod' Roe into the commentary box! Where is that mute button on the remote!

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:45 am

I've got to be honest I never liked him as a player but admired hugely what he achieved, I thought he was complete mince as a RC captain, it exposed all the worst aspects of his character.

Having said that, I think he's actually a really good commentator. I'd much rather listen to him and his insights than all the others on the US commentary team put together.
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down