Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solheim Cup

+2
1GrumpyGolfer
Mary_S
6 posters

Go down

Solheim Cup Empty Solheim Cup

Post by Mary_S Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:38 am

Anybody watching the Solheim Cup?

First blood to Europe, and up in 2 of the remaining 3 matches.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Solheim Cup Empty Re: Solheim Cup

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:39 am

Good stuff Mary, is Charley Hull involved in this first round?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:46 am

the what now?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:26 am

Great TV so far! No one giving Europe a chance - 3/1 or more with most bookies

first session ended 3-1 Europe and second session just started - Charley Hull was sat out for the first session but is playing 2nd session
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 am

Young Charley was just given the honour in her 4 ball. Stood up to the tee in front of large galleries all shouting USA USA ... and completely creamed a drive down the right fairway. Balls of steel
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Have to admit that I fell asleep shortly after all that faffing around for the ruling at the hazard. scratch  I see that Europe are 5 - 3 up this morning.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 pm

I hadn't given Europe a hope in Hell - let's see if they can prove me wrong but I fear for the singles ... Entertaining play in parts but it's best with the sound off to cut out the women - sounds like teenagers - screaming USA!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Amazing overnight score - a clean sweep in the fourballs to give Europe a 10.5 to 5.5 lead. Can we win four of the 12 singles? Cross Fingers 
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Stayed up until 2.45 a.m. to see the conclusion of play. Some excellent play by both sides, worth staying up for. Only downside, another ruling that took over 30 minutes to resolve - I don't think these incidents are doing the ladies game any favours.

The 5 rookies who were out in the afternoon played like veterans. Hope that they can all show the same resolve for the singles today. Feeling positive for a European victory! Smile 
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:58 pm

You've got more stamina than me, Mary! I watched the highlights this morning - good golf but not so exciting when you know the result. Can't see me staying awake tonight either as I have to be up for work tomorrow. Sky+ box set to record again!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:49 am

Charley Hull drawn against Paula Creamer? Now that is a tasty match up and a great scalp for Charley if she can pull it off - she was absolutely brilliant yesterday!
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:01 am

A couple of small wagers, to keep the evening interesting.

Munoz Recari & Ciganda All Win Singles @ 11/1

Matthew Hull & Ewart Shadoff All Win Singles @ 11/1
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Watched it because I'm sad and have no life, but to be fair it was great to see. The yanks were blown away and 6 rookies hurt them badly, including young Charley who smashed Paula Creamer. The fighting spirit was evident when the Spanish Cigar girl who had had a nightmare all week, beat her opponent 4&2, she never saw a fairway but putted like a machine from anywhere. The German girl deserves a mention as she was captains pick but played every round this week picking up 5 points which has never been done, she also putt the winning shot too, well deserved and as expected the Scandinavian girls fought like lions.

Maybe now that the Americans are actually now the 3rd continent of golf, after Asia and Europe, there administrators will take a look at what's happened to their game, prospects and kids, because its sad and I think the ladies game needs a strong yank precense to grow the game.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Great to wake up and hear the news this morning. Sorry, I'm a wimp and pressed the record button and went to bed when the weather warning hooter sounded. Still, I've got the rest of the play to watch tonight and I can whizz through the adverts!

The girls just showed how important it is to hang in there and at least get a half point because all those halves were really important. Catriona Matthew had a nightmare of a tournament but she produced an important half point where it mattered.

So, how about someone coming up with a Mixed Ryder/Solheim Cup? We can win that one, too cheers
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Anyone else get pissed off with the commentary by Richard Kaufmann (who he?) who seemed to want USA to win? Laura Davies was obviously exasperated at times. I can't understand why he was even there - there are plenty of Sky golf commentators who know what they are talking about who weren't there.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:05 am

Like LadyP, I called it a day when the hooter went. Caught up with the highlights this morning - great victory for Europe. cheers 

I guess I can just about forgive Catriona Matthew for only halving her game, and scuppering my bet! Laughing 
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down