Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belek, turkey, the 3rd instalment

3 posters

Go down

Belek, turkey, the 3rd instalment  Empty Belek, turkey, the 3rd instalment

Post by Matelot golfer Sat May 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Just back from 3rd trip time in 4 years. Stayed Cornelia Diamond this time. If you have not been you should seriously consider it. Lovely temps at this time of year and courses are all A1. So far stayed at Gloria Golf, Susesi and as mentioned this trip the Diamond. Would reccomend either. All 5* star plus. Next year taking 16 of the boys there on tour. Finally got them away from Mallorca!!

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Belek, turkey, the 3rd instalment  Empty Re: Belek, turkey, the 3rd instalment

Post by LadyPutt Sun May 19, 2013 5:48 am

Stayed at the so-called Cornelia Deluxe a few years ago and 5* it wasn't - more like 2*! Seems as though the Diamond hotel is better. I've not been back to Belek since - it rather put me off!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon May 20, 2013 9:33 pm

I've been in the Susesi and it's a shithole.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Tue May 21, 2013 3:21 am

Ha, a well long thought out and highly constructive critism by the golf forums very own hotel inspector!! Your opinion, and you are entitled to it by the way.
However, can I direct anyone thinking of going to look at the reviews placed on trip advisor for the above hotels, they put ladyputt and jonnyo's views in perspective by being in the 2% negative catergory out of many hundreds of reviews. Maybe some people can't be pleased or have too higher expectations!! Wink

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 pm

I did say my criticism was of the Cornelia DeLuxe and not the Diamond (2 different hotels, I assume). We read through the comments book in reception and even some Russian guests had said it was shit. But, as you say, each to his own ....
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed May 22, 2013 12:40 am

My personal opinion of the Susesi is based upon having been to belek around 10 times now and staying in various places. These included the Gloria Golf and Gloria Serenity, Cornelia and the Sueno. The Susesi provided the worst experience of the lot and certainly wasn't the billed 5 star package.

It also goes in hand with my extensive travel for business and the fact that I am in hotels pretty much 3 days a week usually.

So whilst you might think my expectations are high... I say they are realistic based upon the billed rating of the hotel and it's competitors in the region. After all there is a reason it's cheap compared to the others in the area.

But you can save on a holiday if you prefer. I like to spend enough to know I am getting the service they are billed as providing.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down