Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My trip to Belek

4 posters

Go down

My trip to Belek Empty My trip to Belek

Post by BlueCoverman Sun May 13, 2012 2:18 am

Just back last Monday from a weeks golf in Belek, Turkey. On our flight on the way out there were the UK Paraplegic team heading for some pre-Olympic training and it was good to see their smiling faces. It was a timely reminder for all us fortunate able-bodied people of just how lucky we are.

Played Gloria New on the first day where they are holding the World Team Amateur Championships this year and shot 77 off the yellows. Played the Carya twice, Kaya Eagles twice, the National and the Montgomery. Best score was a 74 at Kaya Eagles and worst was 82 at the National.

Turkey is certainly getting busier and more popular each year I go. On our first round at the Carya the Marshall told us that there were over 250 people booked to play the course that day...not bad at 90 Euros a pop! Consequently the pace of play was very slow, not that it worried me the sun was shining! A word of warning for anyone heading to Belek, buggies are not always available. Our party struggled to get enough and the problem was particularly bad at Kaya Eagles. I walked 4 out of the 7 rounds which I really enjoyed but if you have got members in your group who prefer to buggy then suggest you pre-book before you get there.

Our day at the National was my first round there and of all the courses that I have played in Belek it is definitely my favourite. They advertise it as 'First and still the Best' and I would have to agree. The Ladies Turkish Open is being held there this week, so I am hoping there may be a bit of it shown on Sky at some stage. Champagne moment of the week for me was our very last hole on the final day which was the 18th at the Montgomery. It is a par 5 and I managed a good drive, followed by a sweet 3-wood to the back of the green and then drained a 25 footer for eagle. Even got a round of applause from the watching diners on the clubhouse patio!

Last edited by BlueCoverman on Sun May 13, 2012 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

My trip to Belek Empty Re: My trip to Belek

Post by oldshanker Sun May 13, 2012 2:29 am

Glad you had a good time BCM and apparently played reasonably well!

Thought provoking as well.

Seems like Turkey should go on to the agenda, but at 90 Euros a round, it could soon price itself out the market, I believe that's more than Spain and Portugal!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun May 13, 2012 2:41 am

Agreed OS but as a package Turkey is terrific value for money. The hotels are all 5 star all inclusive and they are excellent quality. Overall I spend far more money on golf trips to Spain or Portugal than I ever have done in Turkey
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon May 14, 2012 3:39 am

Shanker. When you book it properly you will get everything you want including flights for around a grand in Turkey.

And then struggle to spend much more cash.

It's such good value when booked through alternative travel or bilyana golf. And blows spain and turkey out of the water.

Now for my little dig at blue. I shot level off the backs at the national. Including an eagle wth 3 wood and a 3 iron on the par 5 4th (I think it's that hole. Sweeps gently to the left with a raised green and a lake all up the left hand side). The caddy said he had never seen anyone on there for two. Including the LPGA players that were there the last week. Made me feel all warm and special inside....
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon May 14, 2012 7:45 am

Fair play London, I can't compete with feats of that magnitude! My trip to Belek 1927768590

I did manage a par at that hole (off the yellows of course!) My trip to Belek 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Fair play London, I can't compete with feats of that magnitude! My trip to Belek 1927768590

I did manage a par at that hole (off the yellows of course!) My trip to Belek 3461234324

I must add that was back in the day when I had a golf swing. Now I reckon I would shoot well over 100. Crying or Very sad

As it happens I think that was the year they had a seniors event on the Gloira New and I played it the next day off the tips and shot under. Ah... past glories. All I have these days! Broken Heart
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue May 15, 2012 4:17 am

I am sure that your swing will soon be back in synch LJ, now that your arms are evenly balanced with a child in each... Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue May 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Blue - highlights of the LET Turkish Open are on Sky at 7pm tonight. Glad you had a good time, with some sunshine! sunny
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks LP, I will hit the record button and look forward to watching after visiting Mum tonight
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down