Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honda Classic - Rory has left the building

+4
Mary_S
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
SetupDeterminestheMotion
8 posters

Go down

Honda Classic - Rory has left the building Empty Honda Classic - Rory has left the building

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 am

Rory has withdrawn on the 18th ater hitting his ball into the water.!!! Shart Fans
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Honda Classic - Rory has left the building Empty Re: Honda Classic - Rory has left the building

Post by Davie Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:23 am

You beat me to it Setup - I was just going to post the same thing! Apparently he was already 7 over (after 8 - he started on the 10th) and put his approach to 18 in the water - he just left the course at that point.

Something seriously wrong there! And as I understand it PGA rules require a medical report if people WD mid-round. Wonder what his excuse will be? (Caro was also dumped out of her tournament this morning)
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Honda Classic - Rory has left the building Empty Re: Honda Classic - Rory has left the building

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:31 am

Another great advertisement for the new Nike Wanchor Irons Honda Classic - Rory has left the building 3461234324 Guaranteed to send you sinking towards the bottom of the leaderboard.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:55 am

Latest word is that he was in extreme pain from "wisdom" tooth which affected his concentration.

"Wisdom" seems ironic as it doesn't seem a particularly wise thing to do...
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 am

Hmmm, but when he came off the course he said that he was "not in a great place mentally". The wisdom tooth story sounds like it could be damage limitation by his management group.

I still think he'd have remained more grounded if he'd stayed with Chubby.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 am

Left for work this morning feeling pretty good about my e/w bet on Camilo Villegas since he was round 1 leader. Now I have finished work and see he has a had a stinker of a second round and will likely miss the cut... I can pick them Shart Fans
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:07 am

Really quite vomit-inducing stuff from Mark Roe on the intro to Sky's coverage tonight

McIlroy has some sort of serious problem at the moment - don't know if the toothache thing may have a bearing on it but that is not the whole story

Nike execs will the bailing out of office windows all over the world

Much as I dislike the current Tiger (as opposed to Tiger of 10 years ago) - he battled out with a broken leg (even if it was only a stress fracture). You don't walk off a course with toothache
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:19 am

Pain from a wisdom tooth doesn't come on over night (I should know, I had to have all 4 out - but that doesn't mean the Lady Judge has no wisdom Wink ) so I think it was just an excuse. He's getting as bad, if not worse, than his NBF Tiger (they have been playing cosy practice rounds together). I wonder if there's problems with Caroline ..... ? Maybe she doesn't like threesomes Embarassed
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:57 am

I heard that she prefers mixed doubles Innocent
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 am

so basically McIlroy is getting to be a supercock then.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:09 am

Apparently Rory is going to speak "honestly" at the press conference on Wednesday, regarding walking off the course last week.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 am

I'm glad you put "honestly" in inverted commas Mary

I can't believe anything will be "honest" about this whole affair - it will all be covered in spin and after all, his advisers will have had 5-6 days to concoct something.

I'm sure it will be bland and boring
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Tweet from Rory

Rory Mcilroy ‏@McIlroyRory

For every complex problem, there is a simple solution. #FTB

Apparently FTB = "F**k the bullsh*t

Wonder if that's gonna get deleted later on.
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/21667177

So it looks as though he didn't have toothache after all. Sad to see that he hasn't apologised for lying - just for walking off the course.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down