Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Bushnell Tour V2 users here?

3 posters

Go down

Any Bushnell Tour V2 users here? Empty Any Bushnell Tour V2 users here?

Post by Mercurio Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 am

Mine's stopped working after 15 months. It comes with a 2-year warranty. Has anyone previously claimed on the warranty?
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Any Bushnell Tour V2 users here? Empty Re: Any Bushnell Tour V2 users here?

Post by Doc Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Merc I got one 2-years ago, and last time out it had packed in. I put a new battery in and it worked perfectly. I guess you would have thought to change the battery? failing that I would get in touch with them via your guarantee or the place you bought it.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah, I tried changing the battery.

I sent Bushnell an e-mail on Saturday and followed it up with a call yesterday. The chap I spoke with said I should send it in to them in Chessington.

He also said as they are sealed units they send them to Germany (presumably where they’re manufactured) for checking. If they confirm something as gone faulty they’ll send me a new one. The whole process should take about two weeks.

A good indicator of the quality of a company is not just how you're treated when you're buying from them, but also how you're treated when things go wrong. So far, Bushnell are getting a big tick.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 am

Apart from the latest problem are you pleased with it Merc? I am thinking on getting one for DB (my daughter - don't ask!) but it is a fair wedge of cash. Is it worth the extra over cheaper brands?

Cheers

J

Jethro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:12 am

I can't say whether it's worth the extra, Jethro, as I haven't used the cheaper brands but, current problem aside, it's been perfect for me and I feel naked without it.

You're definitely right that it's an expensive purchase (mine was £225) but you do get a 24 month warranty so if you look at it as £112.50 a year, it's not bad value.

If possible, I recommend that you try out a few before buying. I didn't do that because it was an impulse buy.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Jethro, I think its a great piece of kit, and well worth the cash. It opened my eyes a lot, as it showed I wasn't hitting the distances I thought I was, but even better is the accuracy going into the greens as you can work out exactly how much green you have to work with between the pin and front bunker etc. Mates of use SkyCaddie always ask me for an exact distance as there can be quite a difference between the actual and the SkyC result on some holes.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 am

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I will go for the Bushnell. I was toying with a GPS system but knowing how much our course changes year on year with new bunkers etc I can't see how it can be truly up to date.

J

Jethro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down