Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scottish Thing

3 posters

Go down

The Scottish Thing Empty The Scottish Thing

Post by Doc Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 pm

In the unlikely event that Salmond wins the vote, what does the UK become? can it still be called GB or do we go for England, Wales & NI on our passports
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

The Scottish Thing Empty Re: The Scottish Thing

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Great Britain is the island. The United Kingdom is the combined entity.

And I would prefer an English passport.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:16 pm

I thought 'The Scottish Thing' was referring to Salmond himself

Oh and i'm so much looking forward to the 'the UK is/is not a nation, GB is an island, The Rep of Ireland isn't part of the UK but is part of the world......' argument. I'd post the 50 different links where you can have a preview of what's to come but i can't be bothered

MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:20 am

Did anyone watch "Question Time" last night from Scotland? Seems the voting might be closer than we and the pundits think, if the audience was anything to go by. It also seems that nobody has any idea of what independence will look like as some think they get to keep the queen, the pound etc, whilst some think they'll be using the Euro.

A little later i watched an interview with Tommy Sheridan the serial shagger who was kicked out of the labour party. He is pro independence but not Salmond's version. he will be campaigning for a yes vote but hopes to hijack public opinion and get himself elected and use a very left wing version, to nationalise rail, bus, gas, electric, banks ..... he will try for an almost communist government. Can't wait to see the fall out if there is a yes vote, because I can see a whole load of nutters coming out of the woodwork which will cause factions and splits all along the political divide. If the vote is yes, expect a real political war north of the border, because the SNP will not be the main power, as i thought and expected.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down