Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News - Taylor Made have acquired Adams golf

2 posters

Go down

Breaking News - Taylor Made have acquired Adams golf Empty Breaking News - Taylor Made have acquired Adams golf

Post by Maverick Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:01 pm

According to what I've heard TM have this morning purchased Adams Golf for somewhere in the region of $10.80 per share that equates to something like $70M.

Wonder what the reasons behind the sale are! Or is it a case of TM seeing how innovative Adams are and because they can't match them have bought them up! After all the RBZ 3 wood is designed on how the Adams F11 driver and 3wood are with the air pocket behind the face!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Breaking News - Taylor Made have acquired Adams golf Empty Re: Breaking News - Taylor Made have acquired Adams golf

Post by super_realist Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Be a shame if it's true, but on the other hand good for me as I've got a contact at Adidas so might be able to get a cheap set of irons.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Breaking News - Taylor Made have acquired Adams golf Empty Re: Breaking News - Taylor Made have acquired Adams golf

Post by Maverick Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 am

Seems early reports in this were right as Golf World are now reporting this fact to for $70m.

Be interesting to see what the business strategy is with this as IMO Adams are a superior manufacturer to TM in all aspects of design and club making.

I love my Adams wedges but if TM start using it as a feeder brand for their next innovations like Titleist did with Cobra for a while, when it comes to replacing them at the end of this year i'll be looking elsewhere, and maybe at the new Cobra Trust Rustys
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum