Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

+4
oldparwin
venice1
Maverick
Davie
8 posters

Go down

PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Empty PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

Post by Davie Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:51 am

Teeing off in about 90 minutes - at Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill and Monterey Peninsula Shore courses

First appearance of the year in America for Tiger (partnered in the Pro-Am with quartback Tony Romo - a + handicapper I believe?), bound to get plenty of TV coverage

Last edited by Davie on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Empty Re: PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

Post by Maverick Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 am

TOny Romo - Cowboys 1/4back +3 handicap and bombs it from the tee
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Empty Re: PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

Post by Davie Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:36 am

Eagle for Zach Johnston on his first hole at Monterey Peninsula Shore course - his God must be with him today. I'd have expected Him to be at Pebble
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 am

Bad news for those expecting wide coverage of the tourney: TW birdied the first hole (Hole #10) of the day. We'll be lucky to see more than 3 groups out today and probably only 1 1/2 if the PGA Tour broadcast directors have their way... which they would even if he bogeyed the first 3 holes.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:29 am

What is it with these GOD golfers, why do they have to bring religion into everything. Started watching a programme last night about Ben Crane, I can honestly say God did it make me sick, switched off after 10 mins
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:47 am

oldparwin wrote:What is it with these GOD golfers, why do they have to bring religion into everything. Started watching a programme last night about Ben Crane, I can honestly say God did it make me sick, switched off after 10 mins

Completely agree. The God spinning is now pervasive throughout all American sport broadcasts. Where are the lightning bolts from above when we need them? I would almost pay to have one S.O.B. win a tourney and start pushing the Devil factor Twisted Evil for the whole interview. Of course, that person would be shot by some Jesus loving redneck extremist the following week.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:10 am

How about the footballer who was involved in dog fighting. Or Tiger Woods....
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:18 am

I think Satan put a muzzle on Michael Vick (recently voted most disliked NFL player) and El Tigre. He's probably looking for a James Bond type personality to do his bidding from hell.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:22 am

Laird -3 through nine. Still in form.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:25 am

To be fair I've been home about half an hour and though I've been cooking dinner and not giving the TV 100% attention, I've hardly seen Tiger so far. Maybe because he isn't at PB?
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:42 am

Davie wrote:To be fair I've been home about half an hour and though I've been cooking dinner and not giving the TV 100% attention, I've hardly seen Tiger so far. Maybe because he isn't at PB?

He's at Spyglass. Thought they had a few cameras over there but I'm sure they'll be reviewing most of his holes. (ho's?)
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:58 am

Pod with 4 birdies in a row! And -4 through 5 holes.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 am

Who is this Ken Duke? I don't claim to be an expert on the US tour but I watch enough of it to know most of the names - when I saw this guy I thought he was one of the amateur players until I saw his name up on the leaderboard! scratch
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:18 am

Tiger has just holed his bunker shot on 12, hope Faldo now eats his words over all the crap he has spoken about him so far(Pratt)
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Didn't watch it last evening. Can't stand american tv golf coverage so just about choked on my "coco" pops this morning on learning that Mickelson not only won the tournament but had served up a large slice of humble pie to Tiger Woods in the process.

Who'd a thunk it?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:01 pm

oldparwin wrote:Tiger has just holed his bunker shot on 12, hope Faldo now eats his words over all the crap he has spoken about him so far(Pratt)

What crap would that be?
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:04 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:Didn't watch it last evening. Can't stand american tv golf coverage so just about choked on my "coco" pops this morning on learning that Mickelson not only won the tournament but had served up a large slice of humble pie to Tiger Woods in the process.

Who'd a thunk it?

Apparently, Mickelson and Woods have played in the same group on the final day 6 times and Mickelson has shot better than Woods on each occasion.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:14 am

really? that stat doesnt seem right to me!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 am

Mercurio wrote:
gaelgowfer wrote:Didn't watch it last evening. Can't stand american tv golf coverage so just about choked on my "coco" pops this morning on learning that Mickelson not only won the tournament but had served up a large slice of humble pie to Tiger Woods in the process.

Who'd a thunk it?

Apparently, Mickelson and Woods have played in the same group on the final day 6 times and Mickelson has shot better than Woods on each occasion.

The way i heard that stat was the last 5 times that had been paired together Mickelson had come out on top... I assume that Tiger had a pretty big lead in their head to head over the years.

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:45 am

hogie wrote:
Mercurio wrote:

Who'd a thunk it?

The way i heard that stat was the last 5 times that had been paired together Mickelson had come out on top... I assume that Tiger had a pretty big lead in their head to head over the years.
I stand corrected. I've since read that they've met 9 times in a final round.

Last edited by Mercurio on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:54 am

hogie wrote: I assume that Tiger had a pretty big lead in their head to head over the years.
According to Golf.com, their record is now (final round record):

PM: 14 (6)
TW: 13 (3)
Tied: 3 (1)
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:22 am

Honestly I am surprised that Phil is ahead….. That means even when Tiger was dominating the world of golf he had an edge but not a huge edge against Phil.

Next we will be talking about Phil's Aura Wink

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down