Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player of The Year

+3
BlueCoverman
LadyPutt
Doc
7 posters

Go down

Player of The Year Empty Player of The Year

Post by Doc Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 am

Ok folks, it's that time again with season just about done and dusted. Who's peoples choice for the player who had the best season on the ET and the player of the year overall.

We've been disappointed with a few who didn't seem to progress after promising starts to their ET careers. Players like young Manaserro who actually managed a win this week, seems to have gone backwards. Chris Wood seems to get off to a flyer and then drop like a stone. Ross Fisher after 18-month of rubbish seems to be getting a bit of form back, Rhys Davies should have been up for a great season but went missing, and the Molinari boys have not pulled up any trees.

Westwood has hit the ball brilliantly all season, yet again .... until he got to the green or vicinity. His putting has cost him at least one major and plenty of wins. His short game from around the greens has also been diabolicle, but recent signs of improvement. Luke was always on a loser after last seasons performance, but I must admit to feeling a bit low about his results this year. Paul Casey has been a big loss and I wonder if he'll actually get any form back. Poulter has been fighting all season and had some great results culminating in his recent WGC series win. Ryder Cup star and fighting spirit gives him a chance of player of the year, even if you don't like him, you have to admit that he plays above his weight as he hasn't the same talent as some of the top players. Rory mirrors Luke's season of last year with regard to winning the money list both sides of the pond, but Rory threw a major in as well. Simon Dyson and Robert Rock got into the wins and hope they can progress. PODS gone as well as Darren so they need replacing

Then we come to the yanks and the rise again of Tiger who has consistently placed himself in the top 10 all season, putting him up to world number 2 behind Rory. Big Phil has messed up all season but still capable of producing extraordinary shots that make you drool. Solid performances from all the RC players, but pressure hurt them on day 3 which makes me wonder if the yanks will ever be able to win the cup again. Ricky wasn't Ricky and kooch was kooch. Grace, Snedeker and Bradley were firing well but it seems to have been a lowkey year for the yanks if you exclude Woods from this view. Last season we saw the emergence of Jonny Vegas who vanished this year ..... The only other big hit both sides of the pond has been Adam Scott and the Big Easy
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Player of The Year Empty Re: Player of The Year

Post by LadyPutt Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 am

Ought to be Rory I suppose - but I would love it to go to Poulter. Can't see it being anyone else but as it is an award from the yanks (I think) will probably be one of them!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 am

Dale Whitnell Player of The Year 1927768590
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:15 am

Rory...............Simples !!
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 am

Like others, I can't really see past WeeMac - I'd be inclined to give it to someone like Poults but it's not going to happen (especially as the award is given by the US PGA)
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 am

1. Rory
2. Tiger
3. Dufner?
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

I wonder if Dim Tim and his boys will find an award for Ricky again Smile

Taking the USPGA out of it and thinking about the ET, who has made a breakthrough this season and expected to do the business again next year?
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 am

Rory has posted on Facebook that he has won the title - and been congratulated by Luke. Nothing on PGA Tour or European Tour websites!

No, sorry, this is a different award! There are just soooo many at this time of year! Player of The Year 398825057

Last edited by LadyPutt on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating my misinformation!)
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 am

Rory confirmed as PGA Tour Player of the Year with John Huh a Rookie. I suppose it was no contest, really.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Agree LP, I guess that overall Rory is the man of the moment with his achievements in 2012.

Worryingly, there does not seem to be a plethora of youngsters coming through who may knock him off his perch. Maybe Manassero could challenge, if he becomes more consistent?
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down