Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons.

+6
BlueCoverman
Mary_S
LadyPutt
super_realist
Doc
Matelot golfer
10 posters

Go down

Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. Empty Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons.

Post by Matelot golfer Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:38 am

Interesting, just seen video and marketing blurb for TM 'revolutionary' new Bladz. Extra distance, extra control yaday yadah yadah. Now search for Wilson reflex irons. Notice the similarities ladies and gents!!
How many yards and extra control over last years model then TM? New tech my @rse!!

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. Empty Re: Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons.

Post by Doc Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Matelot as you alluded to, its all balls and yet TM are the best at marketing these sort of claims, and get away with it. White drivers etc add nothing and was a new tool for unloading volume on the market. The Launcher was/is a not a bad driver/fairway wood but they used the lightest shaft in the business (Myasaki) and also had it longer than the norm, so it created more clubhead speed. In other words TM were trying their best to get drivers set up more like the long range drivers where extra long shafts are used without much loft. TM are playing around with the boundaries of legality to back up their claims. The Bladz are just more hype, and at the end of the day most OEM's say they have a more forgiving iron, but its all down to personal choice and the combination of shaft and set-up. I've heard plenty of people state that TM play around with lofts to give the impression of a 6-iron going further ..... yes its possible especially if it's really a 5-iron.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. Empty Re: Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons.

Post by super_realist Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:38 pm

The amusing thing about TM's advertising propaganda (even though my RBZ 3 wood is incredibly good, and one thing that actually lives up to the hype) is that each subsequent release denegrates the previous model.

Since the original Burner in the mid 90's or whenever it came out each subsequent release has claimed increased length. With an average of one release per year, and an average claim of 10 yards per release. Over 17 years thats a 170 increase in distance in that time. Basically they are just admitting that their pre 2005 technology and design was crap. In fact given that I regularly hit my 3 wood 260-280, does that mean I'd only hit the original burner 90-110 yards?

Gerald Ratners.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Well said, S-R. It's just all marketing Ratners! The trouble is, people believe it Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. 1505004552
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I see that Lynx are bringing out a driver with a heated headcover which they are claiming hits longer than other drivers. Apparently this is approved by the R&A, and the heating only works with the Lynx club face, so no point the rest of us stitching handwarmers into our driver headcovers. Innocent

Last edited by Mary_S on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Could be dual purpose as well for us Gents on cold, wintry mornings! Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:16 am

BlueCoverman wrote:Could be dual purpose as well for us Gents on cold, wintry mornings! Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. 3461234324

BCM - you put what you want into your headcover (mind you on the said cold winter mornings, maybe a 460 headcover is being a tad ambitious). Personally, I can see no reason why I should change from slipping it into my opponents warm pocket. If it's good enough for the terraces, then......

On the subject of Lynx - I've just bought 3 NOS Lynx heads - Black Cat forged 8620 4, 5 & 6 which I intend to attach project X 6.0 rifle shafts to and tour wrap grips. They will be a thing of beauty. ilu

Now all I need is 7, 8 & 9! Anybody got them sitting quietly in a drawer somewhere?
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:36 am

Yes on reflection OS you are correct. On said cold winter mornings for me, at least, the putter head cover will suffice! Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 am

Is the putter cover lined with lambs wool? Oh no on second thoughts, you're an Essex lad, it would need to be lined with a Burberry check fleece!! Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. 3497602689
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 am

super_realist wrote:The amusing thing about TM's advertising propaganda (even though my RBZ 3 wood is incredibly good, and one thing that actually lives up to the hype) is that each subsequent release denegrates the previous model.

Since the original Burner in the mid 90's or whenever it came out each subsequent release has claimed increased length. With an average of one release per year, and an average claim of 10 yards per release. Over 17 years thats a 170 increase in distance in that time. Basically they are just admitting that their pre 2005 technology and design was crap. In fact given that I regularly hit my 3 wood 260-280, does that mean I'd only hit the original burner 90-110 yards?

Gerald Ratners.

I know it appears that TM bring out a new model every week, and the claims seem to be outrageous, but is it not ironic that your experience of TM is that the gear lives up to the hype?

I used to have a TM R320 driver which was incredible back in the day and I knocked the balls into (and even over) the back fence of the range when I tried it out. Definitely lived up to the hype.

I bought a TM rescue mid back in 2005 which was miles ahead of every other rescue club. I still use it but might be tempted to upgrade after a mate of mine who has the same club recently bought the RBZ rescue and is raving about it. Again lived up to the hype.

Finally, I tested a load of drivers this summer. The RBZ went further than any other driver. I opted for a Titleist D2 in the end as this had the tightest dispersion and I valued accuracy over distance, but the TM claims relate to distance, and I can't argue with that.

So, although I like to maintain a healthy level of scepticism, it seems that in my experience they deliver. affraid
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:03 am

Still using the same set of irons after many years with them.

Changed the shafts a few times to something firmer but basically they are the same sticks I've used for ages.

Stay with what works.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminestheMotion Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:23 pm

LJ you sound like Trigger from "Only fools & Horses".

He used the same brush for 20 years, though he changed the head a few times & with several different shafts..... Razz
SetupDeterminestheMotion
SetupDeterminestheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 pm

No I've got LJ down as more like Boycie, except that LJ isn't a jaffa! Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. 3461234324
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 am

BlueCoverman wrote:No I've got LJ down as more like Boycie, except that LJ isn't a jaffa! Taylormade Bladz, new tech or 30 year old Wilsons. 3461234324

sure I am. I'm from Essex and everyone knows we are all orange.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum