Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup

+3
Jethro
Davie
Mercurio
7 posters

Go down

I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup Empty I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup

Post by Mercurio Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:05 am

All this 'Seve was with us/looking over us' stuff has irked me but this evening I hear Paul McGinley on Radio 5Live say in response to a question about 'Was it fate that Europe would win because of Seve?', he replies with something like 'Yes, if you believe in God, you have to'.

Deluded arse.

Rolling Eyes
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup Empty Re: I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup

Post by Davie Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 am

My only regret that we won it is another 2 years of hearing Monty remind us that he won it too!
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup Empty Re: I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup

Post by Jethro Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 am

Mercurio wrote:All this 'Seve was with us/looking over us' stuff has irked me but this evening I hear Paul McGinley on Radio 5Live say in response to a question about 'Was it fate that Europe would win because of Seve?', he replies with something like 'Yes, if you believe in God, you have to'.

Deluded arse.

Rolling Eyes

I agree, you have to respect people's faith but linking it to success in sport is a bit much. On the other hand if divine intervention was responsible for Webb Simpson's spectacular shank on Sunday it was much appreciated on this side of the pond.

J

Jethro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 am

I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup 2975105902 I guess Webb.com didn't pray hard enough last week

I'd have more respect for them if they mentioned their God in the same negative way as they mention them positively when they win - but that's never going to happen

I can just see a post tournament interview now ... "well after lusting after my neighbour's wife last week and coveting his ox, I guess I deserved my Lord and Saviour to smite me down in the form of a tommy-tanked 7-iron - but as I've increased my donation to the church this week I fully intend Him to be by my side down the stretch next Sunday"

Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 am

I am well chuffed that we won it, however, I am already wondering if the Americans appetite for The Ryder Cup might wain slightly after this defeat. I hope it makes them more determined than ever to win it back but I have a nagging doubt after such a crushing performance from the Europeans.

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 am

I am well chuffed that we won it, however, I am already wondering if the Americans appetite for The Ryder Cup might wain slightly after this defeat. I hope it makes them more determined than ever to win it back but I have a nagging doubt after such a crushing performance from the Europeans.
I just don't think they will be wanting it as badly as we do if the results were reversed.

Matelot golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Not so sure that will be the case to be honest. Their side may be a bit different next time, we have probably seen the last of Stricker and Furyk and there is bound to be at least a couple of other changes to their team. The new guys will want to make their mark and I am sure that it will be as competitive as ever. Who do we want as our Captain?
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Anyone else notice the "goup hug-pray" session on Saturday (I think) between Simpson, Watson, their partners and caddies? Several people thought it was just a group hug, but as they are all God Squad, I thought otherwise.

I'm also chuffed to bit that we won and can't see what's wrong with Monty talking about his success as a Captain. He did lead Europe to win the bloody thing after all! Are past captains not allowed to talk? I, for one, enjoyed his contribution throughout. So there!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Fair play LP - we all have our own opinions. I hear what you are saying, I just thought Monty overdid it (massively) - he could barely speak half a dozen lines without mentioning he was captain - I just got bored with it
Davie
Davie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:05 pm

There's an interesting article in this month's (excellent) Golf Digest magazine (which can be downloaded on the iPad) about the role of God in golf.

I read it last night whilst dropping off and I'm not sure what the conclusion was, but it wasn't as damning/mocking as I'd hoped.

Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Not that interesting to keep you awake then Merc...
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 pm

It was 1:30 this morning when I was reading it, BCM.

study
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 am

Davie wrote:Fair play LP - we all have our own opinions. I hear what you are saying, I just thought Monty overdid it (massively) - he could barely speak half a dozen lines without mentioning he was captain - I just got bored with it

what Davie said I'm starting to wish Europe hadn't won the Ryder Cup 1927768590
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down