Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corporate membership at Wentworth

3 posters

Go down

Corporate membership at Wentworth Empty Corporate membership at Wentworth

Post by Mercurio Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 am

A few months ago, the CFO tipped me off that our company were looking at 4 corporate memberships at Wentworth. We're both golfers but we still agreed "That's ridiculous - it'll cost a fortune!".

Today, I heard something which makes it appear very likely to happen. You'd think I'd be delighted about it, but it really doesn't make sense. The UK company made big losses in 2011 (and the next few years aren't looking great either), we already sponsor The Open, Wentworth is an hour's drive away, I currently live 10 minutes from Mannings Heath where we currently have our corporate membership (but I expect will not be retained if Wentworth proceeds).

Without yet knowing what the membership rates are (although I know what Queenwood is), I expect it will be a ridiculous amount to pay for relatively few rounds. I would think it'll be more cost effective to pay the daily rate as and when we have guests to take (which won't be that often).

If I, as an extremely keen golfer, would not consider this, I'm amazed why the head-honcho, who I've never heard of being a golfer before, would want to go along with this. Maybe there's something I'm missing - I hope there is.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Corporate membership at Wentworth Empty Re: Corporate membership at Wentworth

Post by Maverick Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 am

Never seen the point in corporate memberships the cost v's annual use is in the main pointless and better served paying clients green fees and you have the advantage of varying the location of on course meetings!
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 am

I think it's just to do with kudos, I've played all 3 courses at Wentworth as a corporate guest, didn't cost me a penny on any occasion. It sounds impressive to drop the membership into conversation when trying to impress clients. Whether or not it represents VFM is another matter altogether.
I guess only the sales director can make that judgement Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down