Golf-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy League News Flash! "raycastleunited" Rallies to Share Joburg and Capture Unofficial Preseason Title!

+3
Mary_S
BlueCoverman
venice1
7 posters

Go down

Fantasy League News Flash! "raycastleunited" Rallies to Share Joburg and Capture Unofficial Preseason Title! Empty Fantasy League News Flash! "raycastleunited" Rallies to Share Joburg and Capture Unofficial Preseason Title!

Post by venice1 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:28 am

raycastleunited's tie for first in Joburg Open means he is the official unofficial champion of the 2012 Preseason Tour. The second and final event of the 2012 GolfChatUK Fantasy League preseason event had raycastleunited coming from 15 points down to share the virtual Joburg trophy with venice1, who again was the only one to receive 10 points for having Jamie Elson shoot low round of the day. Elson managed to bookend 63's to finish second in the tourney.

raycastleuntied and Redrage were the only ones to pick the winner, Branden Grace, and showed why they are the ones to beat once the real season starts this coming week with the GolfChatUk Fantasy League inaugural event: the Volvo Golf Champions in South Africa. raycastleunited finished second to Redrage last week by one point but this time took him by 5 points to secure the crown with a point total of 240. Redrage finished with a 236 total.

The worse total score while making the cut is a three way tie at -3: Theunis Spangenberg (a name only a mother could love), Ryan Tipping and Matthew Nixon. Davie and faldono1fan both chose Nixon as a reserve pick, so no cigar there. Nobody even considered the other 2, thus nobody received the 10 point bonus. Now that the rust is out of the irons, let the games begin.

As always, please review your scores to insure their accuracy.

The final leaderboard for Preseason Event #2

______________________Cut__________Low Rd______Place______Total

1. raycastleunited:___ 2 / 6 = 10_________X__________65________75

1. venice1:_________ 3 / 6 = 15________20__________40________75

3. Redrage:_________ 2 / 6 = 10________ X__________60________70

4. oldparwin:________ 4 / 6 = 20________10__________5_________35

5. Davie:___________ 3 / 6 = 15________ X__________17________32

6. Mustputtbetter:____ 2 / 6 = 10________10__________8________28

7. hogie:___________ 2 / 6 = 10________10___________5________25

8. Mary_S:_________ 2 / 6 = 10________ X__________12________22

9. BlueCoverman:___ 2 / 6 = 10________ X___________5________15

10. Maverick:_______ 2 / 6 = 10________ X__________ 0________10

10. smithersjones:___ 1 / 6 = 5_________X___________5________10

10. Doc:____________ 1 / 6 = 5________ X___________5________10

13. oldshanker:______ 1 / 6 = 5________ X___________0_________5

13. JDandfries:______ 1 / 6 = 5________ X___________0_________5

13. faldono1fan:_____ 1 / 6 = 5________ X___________0_________5

Last edited by venice1 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 am; edited 3 times in total
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League News Flash! "raycastleunited" Rallies to Share Joburg and Capture Unofficial Preseason Title! Empty Re: Fantasy League News Flash! "raycastleunited" Rallies to Share Joburg and Capture Unofficial Preseason Title!

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:40 am

Ray - may I be the first to congratulate you on your win and on discovering such a successful and 'unique' system!!! lol!
BlueCoverman
BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League News Flash! "raycastleunited" Rallies to Share Joburg and Capture Unofficial Preseason Title! Empty Re: Fantasy League News Flash! "raycastleunited" Rallies to Share Joburg and Capture Unofficial Preseason Title!

Post by Mary_S Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:48 am

Well done Ray. Smile

Thanks to Venice for organising this - I'm still a bit bemused by how it works, but have got the grasp of picking my players, which is the main thing!
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:26 am

Mary_S wrote:Well done Ray. Smile

Thanks to Venice for organising this - I'm still a bit bemused by how it works, but have got the grasp of picking my players, which is the main thing!

I've recomposed the final leaderboard to make things a bit clearer. It boils down to this if a tournament has a weight value of 1 as in these first two preseason events:

1. Each player picked making the cut is worth 5 points.
2. If all 6 picks make the cut, the bonus is worth 20 points.
3. If a pick makes the cut and has the worse total score of the tournament, that is worth 10 points.
4. If a pick shoots the low round of the day, that is worth 10 points.
5. All six picks' final place on the leaderboard is worth the corresponding value:

Scoring system

____________Weighted 1______Weighted 2____Weighted 3

Winner_________60___________120____________180
2nd____________40____________80____________120
3rd____________30____________60_____________90
4th____________20____________40_____________60
5th____________18____________36_____________54
6th____________16____________32_____________48
7th____________14____________28_____________42
8th____________13____________26_____________39
9th____________12____________24_____________36
10th___________11____________22_____________33
11th___________10____________20_____________30
12th____________9____________18_____________27
13th____________8____________16_____________24
14th____________7____________14_____________21
15th____________6____________12_____________18
16th____________5____________10_____________15
17th____________4_____________8_____________12
18th____________3_____________6______________9
19th____________2_____________4______________6
20th____________1_____________2______________3

Best Round______10____________20_____________30
Make Cut________5____________10_____________15
All 6 Make Cut___20____________30_____________40
Last Place_______10____________20_____________30

So your point total was derived from:

2 picks making the cut: 10 points
Robert Rock finishes 9th: 12 points
Lyle Rowe finishes 24th: 0 points
Total: 22 points
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary_S Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:31 am

By jove - I think I've got it! Smile
Mary_S
Mary_S

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 am

Good work venice - the preseason has been fun and now looking forward to the main event!

Being in these fantasy leagues certainly increases my enjoyment of tournaments (especially the "lesser" tournaments where the field is a bit weaker and maybe not edge-of-the-seat stuff. I need to get used to cheering on people I've never heard of!

Hopefully we'll pick up a few more entrants to make the time you put into it worthwhile. A reminder to everyone who still has PM privileges on the darkside - let everyone know over there that we have a fun, active AND frequently updated comp going on over here! Let's get those people playing
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:52 am

Davie wrote:
Hopefully we'll pick up a few more entrants to make the time you put into it worthwhile. A reminder to everyone who still has PM privileges on the darkside - let everyone know over there that we have a fun, active AND frequently updated comp going on over here! Let's get those people playing

I informed Marky, RFitzpatrick and Goldwolf as they were notable absentees (no offence to those who I missed if you ever read this). Marky and RF have indicated they will play. Should have included Meisce and Slightfade too (and have now done so).
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:05 am

Meisce has already joined (welcome to him BTW) - I don't really know the others you mention, apart from goldwolf who I believe ran the 606 event a couple of years ago.

These guys (and others) will all be welcome even if they wish to retain their tour card on the other place

Princdrac would be another we could do with over here for his excellent OGWR posts
Davie
Davie
Admin

https://golf-chat.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 am

The others were all regular winners or contenders during the last couple of seasons.
Redrage
Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:05 am

Davie wrote:Being in these fantasy leagues certainly increases my enjoyment of tournaments (especially the "lesser" tournaments where the field is a bit weaker and maybe not edge-of-the-seat stuff. I need to get used to cheering on people I've never heard of!

Thanks all and same here, Davie, especially when it comes to learning and cheering for players whom I wouldn't have had a clue about. I'm also content with the league regardless the number of participants. Our league is already top notch and what other predominant ET and PGA fantasy league in the world offers value, promotion and consideration for the Ladies' four major tournaments (with early season rumours of the Evian Masters being included) with equal billing no less?! Nurse
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:32 am

venice1 wrote:
Davie wrote:Being in these fantasy leagues certainly increases my enjoyment of tournaments (especially the "lesser" tournaments where the field is a bit weaker and maybe not edge-of-the-seat stuff. I need to get used to cheering on people I've never heard of!

Thanks all and same here, Davie, especially when it comes to learning and cheering for players whom I wouldn't have had a clue about. I'm also content with the league regardless the number of participants. Our league is already top notch and what other predominant ET and PGA fantasy league in the world offers value, promotion and consideration for the Ladies' four major tournaments (with early season rumours of the Evian Masters being included) with equal billing no less?! Nurse

I think that's a great idea will get posters looking in on the womans game! Now I Wonder can I persuade Mel Reid to don a nursey outfit! Nurse ilu
Maverick
Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:50 am

Maverick wrote:I think that's a great idea will get posters looking in on the womans game! Nurse ilu

Agree and maybe one or two of the fair and lovelies on this site would be willing to pen a column during the ladies season events.
venice1
venice1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:19 pm

So 1 point off winning the first pre-season event, and then a "W" in the 2nd event... I think I may have peaked too early. Like those days when you're striking it sweetly on the range but when you get out on the course you seem to forget how to play.

Great stuff so far Venice, it's shaping up to be a fun competition through the year. Well done!
raycastleunited
raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down